Tusk is not Tusk anymore (from what I saw)

@SpecterRage listen me closely
Two days ago I’ve saw the picture of tusk I was like OMG :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: total in love with the redesign.

But !!! There is one but :anguished: when I saw the gameplay yesterday I was dying wanted at least to ear DAAAH and see agresivity as back in the days. But nothing …for now I’m just back and stay on arbiter .cause the niew tusk is just beautifull but that’s nope my kinda gameplay where is the rage ??? And overal the agresivity!!!. I’ll wait arbiter and maybe another guest of new character . Cause this tusk is just a new character as u said I’m totally ok they could give him another name that’s same.

My mains from the first two games were Cinder and Tusk. I feel great about S3. Don’t try to speak for anyone other than yourself.[quote=“SpecterRage, post:18, topic:5550”]
probably because the real KI fans are mostly gone now
[/quote]Oh good, so here we have another vanity thread posted by yet another “keeper of the flame” who is the sole person in the universe with the power to define what “real fan is.” You’re right, of course. Anyone who doesn’t feel exactly the way you do is not a “true fan” of the “real” KI. No one could possibly just feel differently.

You are doing a pretty poor job of expressing yourself if what you want isn’t exactly like the original. All of your posts are “I don’t expect it to be exactly like the original, but I’m upset because it’s not exactly like the original. Where are all the real KI fans?”

10 Likes

Hm, I suspect many of the “real KI fans” actually have jumped ship by now – and I’m actually friggen glad of it. I used to really want a new KI to get the go-ahead, and I’ve always wanted devs to engage more with the fans, but my first thought when Microsoft did both of those things and the kinds of people hankering for a new KI poured in was “geez, maybe this was a terrible idea that I never should’ve wanted.” Thankfully much of the work of getting rid of the crazies has been done at this point.

I dont know why you guys complain soooo much for nothing because if IG wouldve made Tusk look exactly like he did in KI2 and same playstyle you guys would complain about that OMG he plays just like the old Tusk he doesnt fit the new game blah blah blah. Me personally I liked that they changed the way they look and play it makes it KI but in a different way

1 Like

I hope he stays the way he is now.

Cry me a waterfall, a salty waterfall.

4 Likes

Preach brother … preach

1 Like

“he lost everything that was making what he was. The new Tusk is just a new guy with a big sword, he is more like a new character, not a returning one.” You dont make any sense. This is 2016, KI 3 was released in 2013, In three years you should have understood that all characters are been remaked. Sabrewulf lost his fireball, same with orchid, thunder, etc. Now does that make them lost everything ? MAYA has nothing to do with her KI2 form ? you forgot to express your dissapointment about her ? I really hope you open five more threads for all the KI 2 characters that lost thier fireballs and classic moves. “The new sabrewulf is just a guy that runs around and has no bats like in KI 2. he is more like a new character…” smh

1 Like

I find it rather pathetic that you have to fall back on the purist fan mentality as a means of dismissing the opinions of others because so many are disagreeing with you. It couldn’t be that there are any old fans here that simply like what IG’s doing as well. Oh no, they have to be new fans, bewitched by IG, that don’t get the “real” heart and soul of KI, or the “personality” of the character, the way you do.

Seriously? That’s some flimsy logic, at best. If all of the old fans had that mentality, this community would’ve crumbled and collapsed under the weight of its own condescension, self-aggrandizement and narrow-mindedness a long time ago.

I played the heck out of the originals in both the arcade and home consoles. I’ve also played the heck out of new KI and have all the characters up to level 50. As long as I can see some of what made those characters great originally, I’m fine. I want to see something new within those original ideas though, and IG is delivering in spades.

But that’s my standard. I don’t think everyone needs to have my standards and I don’t claim to have insight in to what a “true fan” should want because I don’t believe in the idea that some fans opinions are made more valid based on some resume of past experience. I only listed it because you seem to value such things and yes I’m matching your condescension with some of my own by saying it.

By that same logic, only fans that have pro-level skills at the game should be able to comment on anything related to game mechanics, move lists, combo traits, etc, which would exclude… Oh… What, 99% of the fans on this board? So yeah, you can take the purist argument down the road and sell it to some else, cuz I’m not buying it.

I accept the fact that the developer has a vision for this series and I like their vision. That doesn’t make me any less of a fan, just as you disliking their vision doesn’t make you any more of a fan. Or less, for that matter.

You want to have a conversation about what you would’ve preferred to have seen with Tusk, then let’s have that conversation. But how about leaving the idea that your opinion is somehow more valid because you played the old games out of it? There are still plenty of people here that fall in to that category and even if they don’t, their opinion is just as valid as yours regardless.

7 Likes

@SpecterRage The reason why I said what I said is why would you guys want everyone to play like they did before if thats the case just get a SNES and a N64 and play the old KI and KI gold. It wouldnt make sense to keep them as they were then and I’ve been a KI fan since the OG arcade cabinet and I still play KI gold on my N64 even tho I own both Ultra editions for S1 and S2

Still the same answer, no matter how much times I’ll say it. You still answer ‘‘you want the old Tusk, didn’t you see that everyone has changed to fit the new system’’. Hoo yeah sorry so I’ll say it another time:

It’s not because the character signatures are still there that the character will be the same at 100%.

And by real fans I didn’t think about a real or a fake one, a fan is a fan. I was talking about those who still wants KI to stay in sort of KI and still want some good old stuff to stay in-game (NO NOT THE EXACT SAME GAME BEFORE SOME CAPTAIN COOL GUY SAYS IT) I you think the old game was dumb, well good for you, it doesn’t gave you the right to say ‘‘the old stuff was dumb…better out’’ or ■■■■■■ arguments like this.

3 Likes

Oh look a comment using the word salty!!! YOUR SO COOL DUDE!!! 10/10 - IGN

Don’t worry dude, Tusk will get his classic which solves the design problem :slightly_smiling:

Game play looks fine to me, if you don’t like it that is fine, but we should wait until he is out for a personal test

I can assure you Tusk will be a cool character, but if you are not happy that is A.O.K and you have a right to voice your concerns (depending on how you do it)

See people just reassure the guy instead of saying dumb stuff like ‘Ugh your just a old-school fanboy or oh you are salty’ you know from mindless delinquents

http://ukandworldnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/hipster-358479_640.jpg

Am I too hip and trendy for you, OLD MAN?

1 Like

Everybody is entitled to their opinion . What are the things you don’t like about KI 2013 . More specifically IGs work on season 2 and what we’ve seen of season 3 ? As I’ve stated before . I think this is one of the best fighting games of all time , but that doesn’t mean there aren’t things I don’t like about it . For instance omen ; he’s an eye sore in my opinion and every time I look at him I can’t help but see a big nasty dent on a beautiful Ferrari, or something like that. But other than a few other minor gripes . The game is fantastic and is truly a marvel of modern day fighting games.

thats exactly where it sucks. MAHVEL :sob:

Haha . I love marvel ! Especially number 1 . But I would be lying if I said I don’t sometimes wonder what the game would be like, what the roster would be , and what the characters would look like have DH stayed on as delevopers . Not that I have any major issues with season 2 onwards , it’s just more of a sheer curiosity thing . The season one characters do have a distinct look and " feel " , that’s for sure.

1 Like

[quote=“CrimsonScorch88, post:35, topic:5550”]
Now they throw a new season w/ only 3 stages up our throats
[/quote]What. The. Heck. Are. You. Talking. About?
ROFL. How do you throw something UP a throat?

Anyway, I think I have this straight now. Anyone who likes the game is just a fanboy but anyone who hates it sees the truth. Your opinion is the only valid one and you haunt the forums for this game you don’t like, because… Well, I haven’t figured that part out yet.

Look, everyone is being as civil as possible in here. We have yet another whiny thread, posted by a narcissist who doesn’t feel any of the existing threads on the EXACT SAME SUBJECT are good enough to house his opinion, and then the same two people posting over and over again that anyone who disagrees with them is wrong. You state your opinions. Great. Other people can state their’s too. You don’t have to “call for” my opinion. I am just as free to express it as you are. If you don’t like it, too bad.

And just as an aside, how come you always talk about IG but never mention Microsoft? They are making the game too. They worked with both DH and IG. It’s not like IG is making the game by themselves. But since this doesn’t fit your disjointed and false narrative about S1 vs S2 you just ignore it.

1 Like

Some good old stuff to stay in the game? Well, you’re in good company. I don’t think anyone on here wants to abandon the old stuff entirely.

I think the key difference here is that some people are satisfied by Tusk’s mix of original ideas and new ideas and some (like you) are not. That’s totally 100% fine by me.

Where you took a wrong turn in my estimation was invoking the term “real fans” and calling people IG fanboys simply because they’re threshold for the old/new mix is different than yours.

Mindless delinquents? Language changes over time. I’m 100% sure you’ve used a familiar colloquialism for salty that the last generation would find equally ridiculous. That doesn’t make you mindless or a delinquent.

As for reassuring OP, I hope he does feel better. I hope he likes what he plays when season 3 drops and if he still hates Tusk, I hope he finds something else that’s to his liking.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m in a bit of a minority in that I’m actually more excited for Tusk after seeing his redesign than I was originally.
I played KI2 a bit, ran through it at least once with each character, and in the end Tusk came out as “pretty neat” in my book. But now his design reflects on things that I hold very close to my heart and I love it. He combines the Celtic and Nordic warriors (which were among the chief historical groups that the Greeks and Romans called “barbarians”) that I draw heritage from and have held a deep interest/ connection with for my whole life across my entire extended family.
Plus, huge swords have always been one of my go to weapons for a fantasy character, whether it be on Dungeons & Dragons, Dark Souls, Diablo, or whatever. We’ve already got a few characters with smaller swords in the game (Jago/Shago, Spinal, The Arbiter, ARIA) and since Tusk’s sword is his his whole identity it makes sense that it’d be bigger to make him stand out from the rest.

I’ve had my ups and downs in terms of the character designs I enjoy over the years. I don’t find myself playing a lot of Cinder, Orchid, Maya, or ARIA since I usually find myself just generally disliking something about the way they look or play compared to my other options. But every once in a while there’s a design that really sticks with me and steals my heart, even if it’s vastly different from my initial expectations. In Season 1 it was Sabrewulf, who got me into this game with their unique, monstrous identity amongst a cast of “dudes.” Season 2 gave me Riptor, who’s fiery new cyborg redesign was miles away from the original, but has stuck with me all the more. In Season 3, it’s going to be Tusk, who’s been elevated from a character I felt almost token interest in to being in prime territory for becoming my main character.

This game is always full of surprises for me. A few years ago, I didn’t even know it existed. Now it’s one of my favorite game franchises I’ve ever played, and it’s become the fighting game I will judge all other fighting games by. It’s the same feeling I had when I discovered DOOM. I’d quickly come to love it not because I held nostalgia for it, but because I thought it was just really great! The music, the characters, the combat, the aesthetics…

I’m sure the changes to Killer Instinct have made some people quit, but they’ve also brought in new people and kept them invested and excited. That’s how its worked with me, anyway.

3 Likes

I’m not sure why you’re still here. Haven’t you lost all hope and given up already?

1 Like