Troubleshooting for Killer Instinct Anniversary Edition

XBOX ONE (2013): Since the update im not crashing anymore on ranked games, playing shadow lords, it only crashes when you complete all kan-ra missions 6/6 (when you are supposed to get the rewards) and shadow missions 4/4 too (idk how is it called in english) and when i open the game again those mission dissapear but my character stills alive so i think i got the rewards, last saturday i wasnt able to buy guardians until i closed and opened the game.

PC: It still crashes but not as much like before (ranked games), offline against cpu works perfectly fine.

Shago :heart_eyes:: Found a funny “bug” when you use shadow endokouken just before touching the ground it consumes all your shadow meter instead of 1 bar lol.

TYSM to all the team for this update now i can play it like before on my xbox one :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for all this information & I will pass this on to the team!

3 Likes

Hi There, playing on Xbox one, i had the unearned stars and horrible drops from inout errors after the update. It seems like following the patch stars are gone and the input issues appeared to be resolved when i played on 12/17. However booting up today, the input issue is back. Played two matches as thunder and input drops were horrific.

I have had no issues playing this before the update dropped. But, since the update dropped, there have been horrendous screen tearing with no option for V-Sync. Please could there be an option to enable V-Sync from within the game as the screen tearing really ruins the fluidity of this smooth game

I have the steam version with an i5 7300hq, gtx 1050 ti 4gb and 16gb ram ddr4.

Thanks for reporting !
can you confirm a few things:

• platform
  • control model
  • are you using quick resume?

Using xboxOne. Hi! I have the definition edition hard copy. After everything installed (games + players), KI required an update and now the players are all locked again. Do i really have to buy anniversary edition because i have the Disc version?

Hi, the disk unlocks everything when it is installed, updated & the disk has to be in when playing.

If you’re only seeing one character unlocked that means it thinks you’re in the digital free to play version so you should sign out, Restart the Xbox, Sign back in, Eject the disk & put it back in and that should just launch the disc version of the game. The KI icon Should also have a disc symbol on it.

Let us know if that doesn’t fix it.

1 Like

Ever since the original update came out, I’ve had 2+ minute load-in times upon opening the game. I own a hard copy of a 2018 Definitive Edition disc, and it takes a long time for syncing to be done just so I can play the game. Skipping syncing will often cause the game to freeze once I select an option in the main menu, and there’s only been 3 times that hasn’t happened: 2 times all my stuff was actually there, but one time – between both other times – I only had access to Jago, Orchid, Rash, and Shin (who was the FRF at the time). A few Xbox services were also down this past weekend, including Purchase and Content Usage, that made getting into the game itself impossible because syncing would never get completed. I play on an Xbox One that I’ve had since 2018 as well.

Other issues I’ve had is playing against people I’ve blocked. What’s even weirder is that, even though blocked users aren’t off the table of being run into on ranked, finding a ranked match has been super difficult recently. Most of the time I end up running into the same person or few people over and over again even though many other players are available.

Also, muting people doesn’t really function past the first person/couple people you match up with anymore: half the time it’s because it’s people I’ve already blocked and the other half of the time it just doesn’t function for who knows what reason.

I hope these issues are looked at and resolved :pray:

(p.s. I just made this forum account and am still figuring out how to navigate it, but wanted to make sure these issues are brought up/referenced somewhere)

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums and thanks for taking the time to write all that up!

The initial DLC check does take a bit longer than before, but that is unusually long. If you skip it, you’re basically saying you don’t want to sync, and that will probably put you in a free mode most times ( as you mention, one to a few characters, unlocked, depending on how much you’ve played shadow lords because that gives you Jago & Orchid + whoever is on free rotation that week).

The blocked player issue is something we are also looking at.

While I don’t have an answer for you right now just know that I’m reading these every day, and I am passing all the information over to the team.

4 Likes

Thanks for responding! (I meant to say definitive edition lol) The solution to my problem actually came thru the help you gave to user “LDSWo1f32419.”

I was skipping that initial Downloadable Content screen because it timed out… not realizing thatitd throw me into the free version. Perhaps that should be mentioned on screen in the pop up.

Once i tried to let it load again, it work and all my players loaded. Thank you!!

1 Like

Fwiw, I am still getting random crashes while playing ranked. Happened in the first match in the middle of the action.

Oh and I am on XSX. I did use quick resume before the game crashed. And after restarting KI after the crash I was able to play without another crash. (I played about 4 more games post crash.)

Hi KI Team, I encountered a bug against TJ Combo today. Game is seeing inputs after he activates his Last Breath, but is locked in a state where neither player is able to execute moves. Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiyDDDaiBiU

Holy smokes, good to see you back man. I doubt you remember me but you and I used to play IRL in TX
Sorry for taking up space in the thread ya’ll, delete this comment if need be but this dude is the best Aganos player I’ve ever seen

From yesterday on windows(i have windows 11) version i cant start the game, it opens normally till the part you have to press menu/enter button to start the game, it happens randomly, i fixed it the first time when i pluged in an xbox controller, then i unplugged the controller and try again with the keyboard and doesnt work.

After i do all of that i tried to play with the controller again and it doesnt work, so i was not able to use any of them, as i said this just happens randomly yesterday and today i played just fine. :smiley:

EDIT: I opened the game (offline) just now and all my characters are gone except for jago and aganos (Free rotation), i cant select my shago T_T.

1 Like

“Unable to log in to multiplayer service. Please try again.” I’ve been getting this error on my Series S when trying to play online, I had no problems playing online a few weeks ago on my Series X.

Hello, I have written a post and is there any chance, that these issues could become resolved with upcoming update? It also discussed pre-update issues, that for some reason everybody overlooked.

I am leaving a link to it or do you won’t me to re-post full message here? (Because it is large).
https://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/things-issues-that-need-to-be-corrected

Hey, might have been a service issue (temp)?
Let me know if it is still happening & region (you can send me a DM).
Also, do all the usual steps of full power down/on of the xbox xs just incase.

Hey! Thanks for flagging this- I read it & commented! Great write up, feedback and the CA stuff definitely is in my wheelhouse to look at!

1 Like

I haven’t been able to try again on my Xbox since I’ve left it at a friend’s house, now I’m trying on my PC, and while I’m not getting any errors, I’m not finding any matches either (though this might just be a bad time to find players)

1 Like