Too Good To Be True

Practice those with the method I used if it works for you. I had the same problem.

Been practicing them for 2 yearsā€¦

I believe in you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you know, General RAAM and Kim Wu are the best two for Manuals, Orchid sometimes if you are doing her triple ultra, but it takes extreme timing after doing the ultra ender before the end of her second ultra

Manual practice exercices:

Pick your character and do this:

Opener, heavy linker

After this, wait for a moment once you finish your linker input, and try to go for a manual. Start with one strenght, and try until you can get it without problem. Do not follow the manual with another move, just go for the manual.

Once you manage to perform any manual after heavy linkers, go for medium linker with L and M manuals

After that, L manuals after L linkers.

After that, you should pratice linking manuals into linkers. In the very moment you press the linker button, perform a fast linker. Itā€™s a OS: If your manual hits, you will get the linker. If you are broken, well, you are broken. If you are late with the manual, you will get a reset or get blocked from your ā€œpretendedā€ manual, so the pretended linker will be the opener or will be blocked.

The key is focusing in different points at time.

First, performing easy manuals
Then, harder manuals
Later, manual into linker
(or you could go to linkers after easy manuals if you prefer)

When all of this goes out naturally, try it during a real fight, where Combo breaks happens.

Once something ā€œclickā€ on you about the manuals, they are very easy to implement.

I know Geekā€™s greatest weakness!!! It starts with an S and ends with an A.

Still hasnā€™t beatā€™n mineā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ YET. :smile:

I also realized that using an unoptimized Spinal = dead Spinal no matter how fancy your combos look. :frowning:

I guess it is back to learning Hisako! :smiley:

I recommend a visit to the Sako sub-forum - we have many learning aids and videos and threads talking about how to get better with her :slight_smile:

Who says I havenā€™t. :smiley:

Iā€™ve been absorbing tech for a whileā€¦ Soonā€¦ soonā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like
1 Like

Actually, it has a lot more to do with how your ISP and router handles your speed than bandwidth itselfā€¦ Trust me, if you have a bad ISP and cheap router, you can go up to 500mbps if you likeā€¦Will suck anyway!

According to my ISP, they artificially limit the bandwidth for stability purposes. All of the neighborhood wiring right up to my network hub is actually 20mbps (if not more) down but I canā€™t use it.

Just remember that tech is overrated; itā€™s the simple stuff that wins games :thumbsup:

1 Like

Bull! My techā€™s holding me back because itā€™s all I can get out of my ISP! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course. Good reads, understanding matchups, and the character you are using are by far more important.

Like I said about my earlier Spinal problems. Fancy combos donā€™t win battles. Understanding your character and theirs does.

Also having a good ISP with a great network makes things easier. :stuck_out_tongue:

Gotta love my 150MBS with 8 ping. :smile:

Grrrā€¦ :rage:

Better for Sadira to jump with. :smiley:

Well, maybe my Kim is alrightā€¦
If you want to get destroyed by a good Kim Wu, ask @SonicDolphin117

His is the only 1 thus far to bring down my mountain consistently.

Ugh, itā€™s still happening again!

I just got beat by:
a) the best Glacius player Iā€™ve ever seen,
b) the best Sabrewulf player Iā€™ve ever seen, and a
c) damn good Fulgore!

I hate this game when itā€™s not fun! I KNOW these guyā€™s strategies and how to combat their characters, but Iā€™m STILL losing! I block appropriately - they hit me anyway. I know a throw is coming, so I tech it - and they throw me anyway! I break with a proper read and it locks me out on their next move! Iā€™m getting tired of inputs not registering properly and/or lag interfering! :rage:

I love this game, but post-patch itā€™s been nothing but frustrating - players aside, the crashing Shadow Lords and never-ending loading screen on the Shadow Lab makes 1/3 of this game entirely unplayable - that is UNACCEPTABLE (and yes, Iā€™ve reported these issues in the appropriate threads already).

I donā€™t want to hate this game, but the pro players coming out of the woodwork and the broken nature of this patch is making it hard not to.

1 Like

I bet there is more to your losses than you are willing to admit.

If you want to improve, feel free to post a replay and we can go over it together and see where those areas are.