Too Good To Be True

It’s not about improving. I already said I KNOW what’s going on - I’m getting proper reads and am doing the appropriate counters and STILL getting punished for it! That’s not how a game should work!

if you say so

Are you sure you are getting the proper reads? Post the replay and turn on inputs. Lets see exactly what is going on. If they are the best (insert character) you have seen, how do you know their strategy? Ask yourself this, if your reads worked, would you have viewed them as the best of that character?

I am not going to waste 3 hours of my time to upload a clip (which is how long it would take me to record it, edit it, upload it, upload it again due to a stupid preview bug, and then upload it to YouTube) just to share it here.

cool, feel free to keep complaining then! not sure why I even bothered to offer in the first place, I apologize

HAPPILY! :rage:

Can’t just vent around here… Someone’s always gotta help. SIGH

If that’s truly what you want to do, then why don’t you tell me why my blocks and throw techs aren’t working when they otherwise should be?

I’m at the point that I KNOW how this game works. I KNOW what mistakes I make, when I make them, and when they’re NOT mistakes. These are NOT mistakes.

It’s frustration, through and through…

1 Like

This made me laugh. Insta like. Watch the replay and turn on inputs. If something off, it is probably a bug or your controller.

It’s almost like he asked for a video so he could do just that…

2 Likes

Damn, I haven’t even played KI post patch 3.5 and I already don’t want to go back.

I thought about doing that, but I find the inputs hard to read - so many fly on the screen at once, I start to lose track. Furthermore, replays, as we all know, aren’t perfect - they get messed up with lag, so reading the inputs there won’t give me a clear picture either.

The only way for this to work for me is to read them during the match, and that alone will become a distraction, and cause me to do worse - in other words, it’s self-defeating.

As for the controller, it seems like I replace them every few months - I’m getting tired of doing that. I’ve been considering voiding the warranty and just fixing them myself…

You know, if you just record a clip, say…

Enough to get a match, we could get it ourselves, without you having to touch a single thing.

Just have to let it upload to your console, no Upload studio at all. No editing. No YouTube.

Sorry, but my perfectionist nature doesn’t allow for that… IT MUST BE EDITED!!! :tools:

Why? We are just here to watch the fight. We don’t care that it’s edited down with:

“GG” at the end of every single video.

We just want to help you.

And I don’t want to help you learn my tech. :no_entry:

Learn your tech? Not even what I was asking but ok :joy:

Ok. Good luck with Ranked then. Sorry I asked to help. :confused:

That was mean. Just because I don’t want the kind of help you’re offering doesn’t give you license to laugh at me… You big bully! :weary:[quote=“TheNinjaOstrich, post:95, topic:16263”]
Ok. Good luck with Ranked then.
[/quote]

Outside of the required once-a-month match to keep my Killer rank, I don’t play ranked anymore. It’s kind of why I’m upset - all of these great players are invading exhbition, when they could simply stay in ranked…

Not laughing at you. We are all trying to help you win and improve, and you are scared, because you don’t want to show your style of fighting/tech. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, but I think that’s a silly excuse to not share a video when you asked for help.

If it’s for me, I wouldn’t care if someone saw how I fought. Because that gives me a chance to become even better than I was before, because then player knowledge comes into play. That means I’d have to constantly put myself in uncomfortable situations which only strengthen myself as a player.

Sorry Geek if I made you feel bad.

But I’m done talking here.

1 Like

No you’re not! Not until I say you are! :confounded:

I have no problem playing and getting advice from you or others in a one on one set. What I have a problem with is sharing it to the public at large. Putting a clip on XBL or on these forums does exactly that.

There’s a Saltrant thread on the forums - if you want unfettered venting, go do it there. Otherwise, well-meaning forum goers will offer to help you, because they are well-meaning.

So I’m going to stop you there, because this is what you say whenever you lose, and it’s still the main reason that you lose. If someone is walking all over you, then there’s probably a bigger reason behind it than “every right read that I make doesn’t come out”. That attitude is not helping you; it is actively impeding you doing any better in the game.

2 Likes

me too