Too Good To Be True

its ok, because when you see how I redesigned her, you will be surprised, and to give you a short hint, she has a Multi-combo Zoning rushdown style meaning she can do chain combos on the ground and air while also using zoning moves to trap opponents and close distances

Sounds like Maya to me…

it may at first but she has a command normal that launched an opponent into the air after she does a grounded chain combo allowing her to start an air combo, she even has a command normal that allows her to hover in the air if she does a flipout air combo, I can send you a link if you want

and now that I got it posted, I hope someone answers

Yeah, I’ll give it a look. Still sounds like Maya though, since she can use her launcher special followed by daggers on hit to put her opponent into a juggle state. She may not hover, but she sure can leap!

here you go

I’ve been having low self esteem issues with KI recently… Don’t mind me.

But thanks for your concern. :smiley:

3 Likes

Between these forums and the game, I think I suffer from anxiety…

2 Likes

I’ve been having similar experiences in lower gold rankings, but it makes sense. The hardcore fans are definitely checking things out, and I’m more of a casual that ends up caught in the crossfire. Admittedly it made me saltier then than it does now, but I think maybe this’ll just be a good time to sit back, refine/have fun in exhibition, and come back to ranked in a better state of mind.

Eh. For me it comes and goes.

This is why I don’t play KI as frequently as I used to. It feels like everyone is getting better except me.

I’m right there with you. While I do see improvement, it seems to be slower than everyone else. For example, I still can’t consistently do manuals unless it’s after an opener or shadow move.

1 Like

That’s something that comes with practice. I used to go to training, and set the dummy to 20% health.

Then do an ultra, instinct Cancel, and try to do nothing but manuals. If I failed, I had to restart again, and wait for the meter and instinct to fill again. It sucked to start again.

But it forced me to learn the manual timings. And when you get all manuals, without dropping them into a ultra ender…

You feel like this lol

My issue is performing manuals after linkers.

Practice those with the method I used if it works for you. I had the same problem.

Been practicing them for 2 years…

I believe in you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you know, General RAAM and Kim Wu are the best two for Manuals, Orchid sometimes if you are doing her triple ultra, but it takes extreme timing after doing the ultra ender before the end of her second ultra

Manual practice exercices:

Pick your character and do this:

Opener, heavy linker

After this, wait for a moment once you finish your linker input, and try to go for a manual. Start with one strenght, and try until you can get it without problem. Do not follow the manual with another move, just go for the manual.

Once you manage to perform any manual after heavy linkers, go for medium linker with L and M manuals

After that, L manuals after L linkers.

After that, you should pratice linking manuals into linkers. In the very moment you press the linker button, perform a fast linker. It’s a OS: If your manual hits, you will get the linker. If you are broken, well, you are broken. If you are late with the manual, you will get a reset or get blocked from your “pretended” manual, so the pretended linker will be the opener or will be blocked.

The key is focusing in different points at time.

First, performing easy manuals
Then, harder manuals
Later, manual into linker
(or you could go to linkers after easy manuals if you prefer)

When all of this goes out naturally, try it during a real fight, where Combo breaks happens.

Once something “click” on you about the manuals, they are very easy to implement.

I know Geek’s greatest weakness!!! It starts with an S and ends with an A.

Still hasn’t beat’n mine… … … YET. :smile:

I also realized that using an unoptimized Spinal = dead Spinal no matter how fancy your combos look. :frowning:

I guess it is back to learning Hisako! :smiley: