Todays Xbox E3 live stream

Yup, I absolutely hated his whiny a-s-s back in DMC4. Made me feel really disappointed in that game, as well as the fact that Dante was just running through the exact same content when we finally got to play as him.

I thought the Division 2 looked good…I havent played Division 1…is it good? Made me want to try it now that its on Game pass today.

I thought it was a great press conference… I really wanted to see a MI sequel… Atleast a logo… Anything really. But sadly nothing… But besides that I really enjoyed it

MS did great at this years E3 with lots of games shown that I would be interested in. But the severe lack of exclusives continues to be the big green elephant in the room.

And no KI 2 announcement was a bit of a downer, although I had that at like a 5% chance of happening.

I heard the game had a rough launch and first year, but the Division eventually got itself in a good place after some great patches and major free content updates. Also heard they were going to add a currency to the Division 1 that will get you things in the sequel sometime ago. It plays well as a third-person shooter.

1 Like

DOes it have a story mode campaign or is it Multiplayer only?

The Division is a good game, although the enemies get bullet spongy. It has a story which is the same whether you play by yourself or in groups. It just scales the enemy difficulty. Amazing graphics.

The downside is lots of very generic “go here, kill this” type mission.” It’s sort of like Borderlands in terms of loot and rpg style shooting.

Hopefully a new KI will be announced next year!

5/10 conference - IGN

Well if the graphics are amzing and their is a denect story…IM IN! Im goign to download tonight off Game pass.

You know, once they get a few more new Exclusives on Game pass…even if you only get it for 1-2 months at 10-20 $$ its so worth it. 10$ to rent HOrizion 4 for 1 month!! Or whatever game you enjoy… 10$ to rent over 100 games for a month. THe money you would spend on HOrizion 4 (67$ with tax) pays for 7 months of game pass.

I’m pleased with Microsoft conference. Pretty good. And I’m gonna sign game pass. Definitely a very good deal.

finally a cyberpunk 2077 trailer! but the gameplay will be shown behind closed doors. i hope we get to see it soon :confused:

After sleeping on it, I basically feel the same. The conference itself was great - just non stop games. But just about the only thing coming in 2018 is Forza Horizon 4, which was pretty much expected (although it looks great).

So MS is finally plumping up its internal development capacity. That’s great but it should have happened two years ago. No new announcements from any of the acquired studios.

New Halo, New Gears. Terrific. Both coming next year at an undisclosed time. Not great. Especially since MS won’t release them at the same time to compete with each other so my guess is Halo Infinite gets pushed to 2020 as literally nothing was shown.

An old Japanese RPG Re-release. Yay. That’s the kind of thing that rounds out a lineup, but it doesn’t make a lineup all by itself.

Cool multiplats, which is great but nothing really surprising. Except maybe the Bandai anime mashup arena fighter - which appears to be very early in development.

So, my opinion is this would have been a fantastic E3 in 2017 or 2016.

It was very meh imo. Relied too much on bullet sponge enemies in a context that just isn’t much fun. It’s pretty frustrating to have to empty clips and clips on automatic weapons fire into a homeless guy in a beanie.

The narrative and presentation are quite interesting, but I dropped out of it pretty quickly over the core gameplay loop just not being that interesting.

2 Likes

I’ve seen YouTube stuff specifically discussing how stuff like that, among other things, were addressed in the Year 2 patches. It’s been a long time but I’m interested to go back to the game now to see where it’s at.

It was a BIG deal becasue that is the new Dark Souls game… also everyone expected it to be a PS4 exclusive. So there is a lot of talk surround the game as it was hoped to be Bloodorne 2, PS4 exclusive and the elephant in the room… Activision’s involvement.

That’s good. My first experience was enough that I’m not coming back or interested in the sequel at all, but glad that adjustments were made.

So, if anyone needs a refresher (I did), here’s the full list of what was at Microsoft’s E3 showcase yesterday:

Halo Infinite revealed

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice revealed

Crackdown 3 trailer and release date

Battlefield V war story

Fallout 76 first look

Metro Exodus trailer and release date

The Division 2 trailer/release date

Devil May Cry 5 revealed

Nier Automata: Become As Gods revealed

Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition revealed

Sea of Thieves Content

Black Desert shown again

Just Cause 4 revealed

Dying Light 2 revealed

Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer

We Happy Few Trailer

Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer

Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit revealed

Cuphead DLC revealed

Battletoads revealed via logo

Sessions skateboarding game revealed

Tunic revealed

PUBG getting a new map

Jump Force revealed

Microsoft acquires Playground Games (Forza Horizon), Undead Labs (State of Decay), Compulsion Games (we Happy Few), Ninja Theory (Hellblade) and creates another studio with former Crystal Dyanmics lead at the helm to make “AAAA” games.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider first look

Forza Horizon 4 revealed

Games added to game pass and

Gears Pop revealed for ios and Android

Gears Tactics revealed for PC (only?)

Gears 5 revealed

Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer

Things I’m happy about:

Ori was there in a big way and it somehow looks even better than it did last year. The fact that they’re concentrating on combat this time around bodes well, as the game looks like a lot of fun. Day one purchase for me, no question.

Sekiro looks awesome! After finally getting in to From Software’s games with Bloodborne, I can definitely say that I’m excited for this one.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks like one I’ll definitely want to get it to.

Cyberpunk getting shown on Microsoft’s stage was nice to see. A great ender to their showcase and one I’m definitely curious about.

Gears 5 seems to be starring Kait, and I have to say… I haven’t been this interested in a Gears game since the first one. I think I might pick this one up when it comes out.

Forza Horizon 4 looks great. Love the seasons and how they change the tracks and presumably the handling.

We Happy Few looks compelling to me again after hearing some negative stuff about the beta or whatever it as a while back. This one’s back on my radar.

Tunic looks like an adorable classic Zelda game. I’ll be curious to see how that one comes along.

They’ve finally staffed up, not only beefing up their own studios so that they can presumably handle multiple games / franchises (such as Playground possibly working on Fable as well as Forza Horizon), but they also added multiple studios.

Stuff I wasn’t so happy about:

No Killer Instinct. :slightly_frowning_face: I didn’t expect it, and who knows, they’ve said they have more stuff to announce today, but I’ll be surprised if we hear about this game again for a while, which really bums me out.

I think what amazed me most about the show was that there SO MUCH stuff here and it’s a lot of quality stuff, no question, and yet so little of it is actually known Xbox franchises. I know these games can’t just happen out of thin air, but it still boggles my mind that MS leaves franchises like Crimson Skies, MechAssault, Lost Odyssey, Kameo, Banjo, Conker, etc in the rearview mirror when they’ve had good, well-reviewed, well-received games.

Rumors were swirling about a Fable reveal, even if it was just a logo. Rumors also had Perfect Dark coming back. Neither happened. I think Fable is getting worked on by Playground and I wouldn’t be surprised if Perfect Dark was revealed at Gamescom perhaps, but again, on the biggest stage, MS has very few MS franchises to show off.

Also, for everyone that says “ugh, I’m kinda tired of Halo, Gears and Forza,” well… How about five more games in those franchises? :neutral_face: I like the way the new Gears looks and the direction they’re going, but given how many other MS franchises weren’t announced, I still can’t help but feel like MS is further leaning on their big 3 at a time when they should maybe consider holding these heavy hitters for the next console and maybe let people miss them for a little while and want them back.

While I’m happy that they added new studios and beefed up their already owned studios, part of my is a bit bitter that this has happened so late in to the Xbox One’s lifecycle, meaning whatever games they’ll be ready to show in a year or two (or three) likely aren’t coming to current gen consoles. But also, why did this have to happen to begin with? Why couldn’t they have held on to Bungie, Bioware, Lionhead, Remedy and other talented studios they’ve at least had relationships with over the years? Oh well, I guess I shouldn’t complain about what could’ve been when we at least know they’re doing good things now.

Overall:

It was a good show. I’d give it a 8/10

Ryan McCaffrey at IGN said it was their best show in years and I tend to agree with him. There wasn’t a ton of stuff that interested me specifically, but I know that my taste tends to skew more toward genres that have become somewhat niche, like fighting games, JRPGs, platformers, etc.

Still, grading on what they showed in general, they brought their heaviest hitters in Halo, Gears and Forza, and they also had Crackdown, Ori, Sessions, Battletoads, Cuphead and Sea of Theives stuff, so it’s not like they came empty handed to E3 either.

Couple these titles with the many high caliber multiplats they had, from Devil May Cry 5 to Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Jump Force, Metro, Battlefield, Cyberpunk, etc and it was a hype show nearly from start to finish.

It was strange watching Bethesda do a slightly better job of servicing their own fans with updates to more franchises when they’re a smaller company with theoretically fewer franchises. Yet, a few hours after MS’ show, we still saw an Elder Scrolls sequel, a Doom sequel, a Wolfenstein sequel, a Fallout sequel, Prey DLC, Quake stuff, Elder Scrolls Blades, etc. Granted, Elder Scrolls VI was a just a logo, but still.

I think MS is headed in the right direction, and that’s great. I think that there will be some solid reasons to own an Xbox One for the rest of this generation. But this conference was more like them hitting a triple to me. A triple is really good. It’s better than a single, a double, and definitely better than striking out. But it’s not a homerun either. Or a grand slam. So a good show, not a great show, or a show for the ages. This is fine. After last year, I’ll take a good show. I just hope we’ll get a few more solid little items today and that next year, they can finally knock it out of the park with more reveals from more of their own franchises.

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about the From Software game. That looks great and is one of the many great multi platform games they showed at the show. All great.

I was talking about tales of Vesparia - the HD remake of a cell shaded JRPG.

One of the big things that made me throw in the towel was that the AI knew it was spongy and took advantage. You walk into a room with an enemy that takes a million bullets to kill and they walk through your hail of bullets to hit you with an axe. And not just the bosses, plenty of “normal” enemies would just march right up and melee you in one shot because they knew not to fear your bullets.

But I do think it had redeeming features. But if I’m going to play a grindy game like that I want to play it with my friends/Family. My brother abandoned it and my nephew played so much that he was 100 levels above me and the game was impossible to play with him. :man_shrugging: