TJ Combo' Ultimate

That’s an enirely subjective opinion, though (albeit, a widely shared one) - there isn’t actually a problem here at all; it works just fine. You’ve just been spoiled by expectations and other ultimates and have created an imaginary problem in your own head where 1 doesn’t actually exist…

Besides, you can’t go into this and reasonably expect to like every ultimate…

There’s also a matter of personal standards - TJ’s ultimate meets mine, but obviously not yours.

I knew TJ was dudley on the low

1 Like

Me when I saw the ultimate.

3 Likes

I was not in favor of ultimates, but if you’re going to do them - make them count. I know @TheKeits’ crew may have to use existing animations to save on money; maybe if they used the head lolling animation from heavy Call of the Earth we could better understand the neck breaking I think is happening. Alternatively they could add an animation to TJ where the final punch has him crash his fists together on opposite sides of the opponent’s skull, but that would mean more work. As it is though, in contrast with the obvious executions the other characters perform, this is visually underwhelming and I fear excessive sound effects would just make it farcical.

1 Like

Personally I like the ultras better than the ultimates that we’ve seen so far and I know everyone’s going to try and jump all over me but that’s my opinion the yellow flash of the ultra into that fast a** a**whoopin to the beat is always going to be dope af and I feel like the ultimates do not outdo the ultras at this time imo another thing is not having the ability to do an ultra into an ultimate and I understand I guess why they did it a lot of complaints about people wanting to move on to the next match stop wasting my time nonsense when in all reality you’re only sitting there watching for 60 seconds (I mean come on) we all can’t always be on board with everything that they give us there has to be people willing to stand up and say what they don’t like about it instead of saying oh that’s awesome great job this is the best thing ever there has to be constructive criticism instead of always agreeing microsoft just need to stop being so tight with their wallet and give Keits and the whole team at iron galaxy the budget they need

Here’s my take on Combo’s Ultimate:
I heard a lot of buzz before the Ultimates came out about how they’re not Fatalities, but rather cinematic finishes to the match. Going into Combo’s Ultimate from that frame of mind It’s pretty obvious the focus on his isn’t how bone-breaking heavy the hits are but rather the bada$$ confident the job is done walk-away. And in that regard, his Ultimate is PERFECT. It is subtle, in character for TJ, and bada$$ as sh*t.
That being said, I feel it’s fine the way it is.

1 Like

I think that’s the second positive opinion I’ve heard in regards to TJ’S ultimate lol.

1 Like

Lol deada$$ I have grips with it but it is rewarding cause I know seeing TJ’S ultimate is gonna rarely be seen in tournament.

2 Likes

Just needs some sound reworking and maybe some editing magic, animations aren’t too bad.

Sound and magical sparks can make a huge difference

This ultimate is visually underwhelming. The choice of directing for this ultimate was half done. The ultimate makes you anticipate something that just doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Times have changed. :wink:

Well, I guess these new ultimates are pretty much KI’s version of street fighter 4’s ultra finisher moves. I think KI3 was better off without ultimates then if this is what they turned out to be anyway, or give them a different name at least because what we got are definitely not ultimates.

They definitely are ultimates regardless of what you may think of them.

#dealwithit

Fake ultimates, more like super ultras but not ultimates.

Well, by that line of thinking, shouldn’t ultras just be considered super combos? You see where I’m going with this? Your line of thinking is really rather convoluted.

Super ultras, killer ultras, killer enders I don’t mind but these are not ultimates.

Whatever floats your boat, homie. You’re keeping me from my homework with this pointless argument.

So I hit like 4 TJ Ultimates yesterday.

SUPER DYNAMIC ULTRA MEGA Punch of death is fun to do. Lol