Third Character Guessing Game

This is the best thing I’ve seen all year.

3 Likes

After the first two “new” character reveals, I’m 100% expecting Shadow Orchid.

They already confirmed that the third char is 100% new

2 Likes

Wen…di…go…:fearful:

1 Like

Shadow Orchid would still be a new character though…

1 Like

Are Kilgore and Shin Hisako not “new” by IG standards?

@ShinHisako & @OregonPacifist
I dunno if you guys have been paying attention to the lingo, but Iron Galaxy hasn’t been referring to these characters as “completely new” for a while. Characters like Shadow Jago, Kilgore, and Shin Hisako are what have been deemed “Remixes”.

These are characters that borrow assets and appearances from other characters, even though they play completely differently. They use this term to separate them from the term “Clone”, where the character is almost completely identical.

The fact that they said the 3rd character is “completely new” means it will not reuse other assets or animations from other characters, thus confirming that it is NOT a remix character, which eliminates Shadow Orchid as a possibility.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I just hope this 3rd character makes up for the other two in my eyes.

Omen was a new character and he is a Remix character.

And they referred to him as a “Bonus” character. Which is why he only has 2 accessories and 6 colors, why he used Shadow Jago’s stage (though the theme was remixed) and why he didn’t actually have story content apart from being the Boss of the ARIA campaign until Season 3. He was originally supposed to bridge the gap between Riptor and the big February patch that contained Aganos, Ranked Leagues, and the new colors/accessories for everyone (except Omen).

He’s a remix character. They just didn’t have a word for it back then. You can call him a bonus character if you want but he fills in the checks that Remix characters do. Budget re used assets? Check. Reused attacks? Check. He got a stage? You mean Shadow Jago’s stage. He got a theme? Like Kilgore and Shin Hisako. We don’t know if these three characters are bridging the Gap between now and some other big KI season or update. Would be a neat surprise for E3 to have a Season that just upgrades the look and animations of the game for the Scorpio.

I literally screamed “WHAT THE HELL IS THAT” looking from a distance

Who did this glorious image

Ah, I think I misunderstood what you were on about. I missed the “And he’s a remix” part of that. I was just trying to provide some extra context. :sweat_smile:

But it is important to note that they did try to distinguish Omen from regular Season characters, even back before they had the term Remix. It’s also equally important that they clarified that the 3rd character will not be a remix.

and he was free with the combo breaker/ ultra editions of season 2.

If it’s Joanna Dark or some guest character I’ll be really upset tbh.

2 Likes

With Halo Wars 2 out I would like the Halo Brute.

I was hoping it was kelvin but I think he’s classed as “remixed” or a reimagined glacius so his chances are pretty low… unless rushdown glacius ends up having completely different animations without borrowing from other characters. Besides that, I’m thinking that the third and new character might be one of these:

eagle
the tsar
a wendigo
the babylonian king
the general
the nobleman

Although I still hope it’s kelvin.

How about a super soldier? Tekken Force-Captain America style!

A psychic like Raven & Jean Grey!

1 Like

A psychic would be cool.

Violent Orchid

1 Like