The slow, sad, realization that we already know everything that will be in S3 launch

This.

"Ultra edition is $40, comes with 8 fighters, 3 stages, and accessories. Also throwing in lifetime xp and 18K KI gold if you pre-order now. "

"Cool well what’s extra incentive the KI Gold will be used for? "

“Stay tuned!”

:-/

4 Likes

A few things:

I sure HOPE we know everything we’re getting in the S3 launch build, one week away from launch, when they’re asking us to spend money on preorders. We should have known this information much sooner, to be honest.

IG has probably done more work on KI between S2 launch and S2 end than any other fighting game has done 8 months. It’s impossible to deny the sheer quantity of work they put out, and how much the game changed. That’s 9 new characters, 8 new stages, single player modes like story and shadow, bug fixes and rebalance tweaks each month, etc. That is virtually unprecedented, and even if you disagree with the quality or decision making along the way, calling them “lazy” is pretty much flat out wrong.

Lastly, it’s impossible for us to know where the budget is spent, but if I had a choice between 5 more stages and a PC version, the PC version comes out ahead by light years. Assuming a well-built port, there is no denying how much this will build KI’s scene; new players means more hype in the FGC, new sales for MS, and new exposure in the gaming media. While 5 more stages is nice, the choice is very clear here, even if you have no intention of ever playing the PC version. If you like KI as a game and as a franchise, the PC version will do so much more for growth than 5 more stages in a 20-stage fighting game.

7 Likes

It’s very clear there’s things we don’t know. Unannounced modes. If you know what I’m saying.

ohhh, so they revealed Tusk’s retro?

(goes to watch stream)

It’s so good. To me, it’s so good. Totally maining retro Tusk. Totally.

Thanks @TempusChaoti and the rest of the team. I like this retro so much.

lol so many whiney negative people on these forums. Personally I’m hype for the new Season - in the stream recently they said there would be new stuff coming to spend the KI Gold on + 4 more characters we haven’t seen yet. Amazing characters and build quality - beautiful touches producing a polished game and finally it is coming to a potentially much larger audience. It is a shame so many people focus on the tinest most insignificant things like spoiled children.

TLDR: Loving KI - very excited for Season 3 - here have a tissue =p

1 Like

I prefer to know everything that will be in a game at launch, so I am 100% sure what I get for my purchase.

Dunno… is that just me?

1 Like

Dаmn right, that is what has been bothering me for ages, since I started looking into the game a few years ago. So much potential, curbed by MS not willing to invest into KI a bit more. Even though they brought back this dead franchise, they should have treated it with more respect. But there are other problems that stem from Microsoft’s failings such as limiting the game to one platform for almost 3 years, losing this so-called ‘console war’ to Sony, those things are also terrible for KI.

1 Like

Dat face tho

1 Like

Yeah. We all have to remember this is a business. Microsoft has to make money at their investments. That being said, their first party library isn’t exactly bursting at the seams and it would be nice if they increased the budget. But then again, fighting games are pretty niche.

To be clear you aren’t paying for game modes. The player gets access to game modes whether they pay or continue to play the free version.

1 Like

It’s strange that I feel in the minority here. I’ve put 700+ Hours in Killer Instinct since Season 1. I’ve spent more on KI Pins and now Action figures than the actual game itself. $40.00 is a toss in the pot…Season 3 could be eight new characters alone and I’d be thrilled to have the opportunity to play more of this amazing game. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

daaahhhh

2 Likes

Whete is this from?

I think it’s mostly the principle of the matter. Most of us will have no problem spending $40 on a new season of KI, if they tell us what we’re getting. Asking us to spend $40 without being up-front and transparent with us just triggers a natural consumer reaction of being wary. Especially when we, as consumers, don’t really see the need to be so secretive.

1 Like

What are you talking about? That face is HOT! So hot it’s almost melted off… XD

I don’t know who you are referring to but I never complained about money. I’m complaining about 7+ months of development, 5 days to release, and only 4 characters and new lighting at launch. Something doesn’t add up.

And these types of threads would go away with just a little bit of communication.

1 Like

I feel the new lightning does this to close up faces. The system makes environments and characters look good from a certain distance (because most of the time, you look at them from afar) but in win poses, the faces look funny.

I believe this is how final Tusk will look.

bit touchy aren’t we…but Ultimates, revamped retros and eyedol are amongst the most requested and talked about topics ever since season 3 (and to an extent season 2)

FYI, this isn’t quite accurate.

1 Like

Yeah I understand that. Which means they are working on multiple characters at a time. It’s impossible to assume how many they have the bandwith to work on concurrently though.

Look, even if they came out and said “Season 3 is basically just 8 more characters. 4 at launch. The end” then I’d be fine. I paid my $40 and I can be happy with that. What causes confusion is that they have mentioned in several streams in the past month that they are working on some big things they haven’t yet revealed. So I have been waiting for the news drop. So have many others.