The slow, sad, realization that we already know everything that will be in S3 launch

THIS JUST IN! Proof that the build we’ve been seeing is not final. They confirmed Tusk retro will be available at launch, and in the most recently streamed build Tusk retro is not done.

verrry not done

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure the PC port ate into development time and budget. And that’s why we ended up with only 3 stages and 4 characters at launch.

2 Likes

GOOD LORD.

Remember how the IG guys explained that Tusk’s biggest strength was inspiring fear in his opponents? Well, that just took on a new meaning.

5 Likes

We only had to wait, what, 3 months for Season 2 though?

IG has shown that they can crank out a character per month. That equates to 4 months of man hours. You simply can not tell me that 5 months of man hours were used on lighting and the PC port. Something is fishy.

The more characters there are in the game, the more difficult it is to bug test & balance test new characters. The roster has MORE THAN DOUBLED since season two began and season 3 is starting with double the content season 2 did. This isn’t even considering that they have to update the AI’s and shadow AI’s of characters too.

1 Like

I wanted more/different dialog for different situations. Orchid ultra combos her brother, then says “one step closer to flushing out ultratech”? When Agonos and Kan-Ra face off there should definitely be different dialog.

1 Like

You can’t know that, which is why you’re wrong.

There is still a lot of stuff (modes) that could be developed for the game outside of new characters and their AI.

Development time of what? Like was already mentioned, different people work on different things. You can’t take programmers that were assigned to porting and make them work on stages, they don’t have the skills required to do so.
And as far as the budget goes, MS constantly pays their employees salary and they always work on something. If IG has 5 modelers and 5 artists, you can increase the budget, but those 10 people won’t work faster.

1 Like

I am not a defender of IG, but which they made in 9 months:

• Revision of all the internships.
  • Revision of the system of the game.
  • Rebalancing of the game, + addition of blow for all the casting
  • Revision of all the menus.
  • Solution for avoided the slowing down at the time of the choices of characters
  • 3 new internships(training courses)
  • New persos 8
  • New system of ranking.
  • … and certainly of new modes.

Yes, it is not the visible contents; but a thorough contents, which changes a lot, many things. ^^

The more I think about this the more I see no reason why we just can’t get an official word on whether we’ve already seen all that we are getting on Tuesday.

@rukizzel @TempusChaoti Have we already seen everything we are getting on Tuesday? (except for a few colors and Tusk retro stuff) is it possible to just give us a yes or no? Or even a “I don’t know?”

Even a “I really don’t know yet” would help explain the confusion and chasm of silence here…

2 Likes

Yes and by who? IG is pretty busy making 5 characters, (including shadow Jago), in the 5 months since season two ended wich is pretty impressive. I imagine the re-lighting and new effects were being done during Shago’s development, since he has no new visual assets. They have probably been putting time into some other features, and if they told us about those features pre-launch some people would be confused and expect them at launch, (this already happened with Spinal, Fulgore, story mode, ec’t…). So “stay tuned”…

As far as I’m concerned, season 2 ended when Aria dropped. It’s been a lot longer than 5 months to work on what you listed.

1 Like

Kl has a very tight budget. Adam Isgreen says as much in his interview. You throw a port on top of an already tight budget and something has to get sacrificed. It’s not all IG’s fault though. I wish Microsoft would give this game the budget it deserves.

I think we all, as fans, would agree with that. The thing is, though, MS doesn’t see it the same way we do. In our eyes, they have blinders on. In their eyes, we have the blinders on.

I wonder if DH had the same tight budget?

So story mode didn’t take any development time at all and you expect them to work through Christmas.

We know IG staff were given time off in July after season two finished and also time off around Christmas, you can argue its been around 7 months of development time since then. Then ya assuming they got to work and knew exactly what they were doing for season 3 and didn’t have to scrap a single Idea or build and didn’t need to fix any game breaking bugs; then yes they have been sitting on their hands making dumb jokes at our expense for 2 months.

I’m actually not accusing IG of being lazy or not doing anything. I completely believe they worked on more than what we have been shown for season 3. I also heavily assume that much of what they are working on isn’t coming at launch. I also heavily assume that there is even stuff they WANTED to be available for launch that will not make it.

All I’m saying is I wish I didn’t have to assume. I don’t understand the secrecy. I don’t know why they can’t just tell us some stuff they are working on won’t make launch. I’d be fine with that. But if you take EVERYTHING they have said and shown at face value - they quite literally have shown us 4 characters and new lighting and said “This is what we’ve been working on since last summer - here is season 3! Enjoy! Oh and we have some more characters coming later as we make them.”

2 Likes

The slowest workers in the business ? What do you gain from constantly downing this game every single day ??? If you dislike the game so much, why stick around ?

Official word: Stay tuned.