The slow, sad, realization that we already know everything that will be in S3 launch

I feel you I’ll most likely Wait til 3/28 to pre order I assume we will no more buy then.

In addition to all of this. The game comes out in 6 days, we are assuming that the reason the launch is so thin is because of all the work on the PC version, yet we still haven’t even seen the PC version. The PC version of KI is almost kind of a windows 10 store flagship launch title - and nobody has seen it with less than week to go?

I’ve never preordered anything for KI, never bought an ultra edition, so I can wait for that combo breaker edition.

I got lucky and bought the complete edition but this game is actually why I bought the xbone. So I personally hold KI in higher regard so that’s why I’m pissed I’m emotionally invested lol. I’ve followed the game since s1 and figured if/when s3 became a thing IG would really get go for the gusto. Now mind you I bought mkx and although I don’t actually care for the game itself it’s jam packed with content. That’s the only 1 up mkx over KI especially considering AAA vs a budget game.

I’m just looking for some more content to go with IGs’ awesome character design and music.

Do you really think Iron Galaxy are the slowest? I am still waiting for the Clayfighter game that Interplay anounced for the DS in 2008.

Makes no sense, because that’s not how game dev works. You need programmers to work on the port and artists and modelers to do stages. To create more stages, they would have had to push back everything.

I would love towers like how mkx had but more like. Ki1 Retro tower ki2 retro tower, maybe monsters, ultratech tower. Etc

Ok, the guys from Duke Nukem and The Last Guardian are the slowest.

1 Like

Yeah, I sort of thought about this as I was watching and think I’m going to steer clear from more exposure of S3 just so I can still be surprised in some degree.

Either way, I’m still hype about trying this new characters and hearing Kim’s Ultra theme

So you’re saying even if there was no PC port. That after 9 months of development. We’d still only be 4 characters 3 stages and new lighting at launch?

I’m not saying the PC port is a bad thing. And it will definitely expand the community. I just wish they would have pushed it. So that Xbox One owners and PC players would get a complete game…

Am guessing the final trailer will be this Friday? I mean the game is coming out next week. Also, where is the teaser for the next character? Pls don’t make the teaser the trailer for the game.

I don’t know for sure about inner workings of IG, but if my assumption is correct and they have in-house artists and modelers that work on stages, then yes, nothing would have changed. Implementing those requires minimal programming, the bulk of the work is on those guys. Maybe they had some lay offs or restructuring and there just isn’t enough people to deliver more stages, it’s possible.

That’s my only real gripe.

It’s still more than we had starting season 2…

“I figured through the last 9 months we would have some new modes to play with. I, for one, play more single player than multiplayer.”

It’s hard to sympathize with this. There’s not really much you can do with a 2D fighter when it comes to modes. Only thing that comes to mind is Arcade / Versus / Training / Story / Survival.
Only thing I wish that was added in terms of mode would be that SFV survival feature where your score was currency to boost you in the next fight.

Is it tho? The stakes are higher now though can you say that you doughnut expect more at launch? Don’t get me wrong 4 characters at launch is great tho.

And look at T.J now…he still animates terribly same with maya

but at least the rest after had alright animations

2 Likes

This is what season 3 is going to be:
. 8 characters
. New online modes
. Stagger
. New HUD
. more of the same stuff from season 2 (like stage ultras)
. PC port
. Another season 2 like story

What we wanted (a good majority)
. Ultimate’s for all characters
. Humiliations for all (well I wanted it)
. More offline modes
. Re vamped Retros
. Improved hair
. Eyedol