The "Release Ultimates for all Characters" Request Thread. Share your opinion!

#adapt #letitrock #getgood

You want solid characters? How is Riptor not Solid? Again what is wrong with gimmicks? Are they too complicated for you? Also why were recaptures a bad idea? The game is balanced. All characters are viable. Shadow Jago can do high damage combos but they are very situational. Season 1 characters also had gimmicks.(Spinal and Fulgore for example). Just because the game isnā€™t becoming what you want it to be doesnā€™t mean it is getting worse
It just means it is becoming something different and that you donā€™t like. You not liking it does not mean it is not getting worse.

1 Like

i think its getting worse in the competitive sense for sure. But i know IG fans can never admit flaws and accept everything as great. So this is pointless

Everything is getting worse? Some examples of how they are getting worse and what is it about those examples is making the game worse. The problem is that you have yet to give me an explanation and you just avoid it by calling me an IG fan.

1 Like

3 day vacation for ya. Derailing threads with trollbait isnā€™t welcome on the forums.

4 Likes

On topic,I donā€™t want a fatality like Ultimate. I donā€™t want a gory and extremly brutal ultimate. I want something with flash. Look at Shadow Jago. His ultimate is flashy and awesome with the slice jump. It is brutal but not Mk level. I want stuff like Jago having an ultimate where he uppercuts the opponent and shoots an endoduken beam at a final tiger running inside the beam for the last hit of the beam. I want IG to go nuts. Give Sabrewulf a dash hit like Shagoā€™s beginning of hs ultimate but make it nore vicous. Then make him charge up his back Hp and when he uses it,he goes through the opponent and does a single brutal strike at the end. Give Glacius the ability to freeze the opponent and throw a bunch of ice at them with some energy(the one he creates in his taunt) at the end being around them and going at the opponent at the end for an explosion. Stuff like that IG is what I want. Go nuts and be crazy with them and make them awesome.

3 Likes

S1 had some solid tools but it was also a fairly gimmicky game. Wulf dash eclipse, Sadira stuff (which is still in S2), Thunder DP DP DP, Fulgore and Spinal mixups, etc. I dunno how you can say these things arenā€™t as gimmicky as some S2 characters.

S2 feels different because a lot of their gimmicks are air-based (not counting Sadira, who is from S1 and might still be the most extreme air-based character). So yes, S2 is a more air-based fighting game than S1 was. But it is not a more gimmicky fighting game.

2 Likes

Donā€™t feed him, he makes rubbish points in every thread he participates. Then decides not to back up his words and call everyone else dumb for not agreeing with his views.

Back on topic, Ultimates would be nice to have. Ultras, while fun, need another optional finisher. Thatā€™s really all thatā€™s needed to be said. Iā€™m sure IG by now understand this, keep faith.

I areein contuing but I disaree on the diea of another finisher.

They already figured out how to get it to work on all Ultimates. Why waste time trying to figure out another finisher (and god forbid no ā€œalteranteā€ Ultra)

Sadly this ā€œjewelā€ of long Ultras has become a redundant factor with the same exact animations that you will certainly see millions of times because unlike what they did with Shagoā€™s Ultimate, can be done willy-nilly.

I still feel Ultimates are just as big of a part of KI. I feel ā€œULTIMATEā€ is just worthy as ā€œULTRA!!ā€ in that since. KI has always been a mix of SF and MK with itā€™s own proper twist. Perfect blend of marshmellow and chocolate put together to make a sweet smores. All we have is the marshmallow and thatā€™s it.

Just doesnā€™t feel like you have many oppurtunities to TRULEY finish off your opponent. Sure we got stage Ultras but that means Iā€™ll have to reduce the variety of stages I get to play on just to have more options.

The supposed ā€œsignatureā€ of KI has been abused like heck and Iā€™ve grown bored of it. Iā€™d like to see Ultimates for all characters. Sure you got some of the other stuff on the list to deal with, but Ultimates should still be a must-have feature in my opinion.

Fortunately we donā€™t have to show anyones intestines during an ultimate.
There is more than a few ways that you can present something that is supposedly a nasty death without even getting gory.
And it can even work well with the flashiness your looking for.

Now I admit Ultras are indeed a signature of KI I joist want something new to finish off with an opponent since I doubt stage ultras will even come to season 1 stages since they never had them to begin with (that could change though) However even with ultimates you can tel the opponent is still breathing but if you look back at his ultimate when he was the boss for season 1 the opponent stop breathing and moving implying that they are dead. So far most deaths either rhappen in stage ultras like aganosā€™s or in the story.

I just donā€™t want gory fatalities. I want stuff like Shagoā€™s. Flashy and quick.

Didnā€™t you see what my brother was saying? you can have flashiness without drecaptiating someone. Itā€™s really not that hard to do in a game.

They donā€™t have to gory. Heck some of the examples Iā€™ve seen form someoneā€™s fan-made ultras actually had stuff that can be workable without being gory. They could be nasty deaths sure but they donā€™t need to be like MK nasty. Heck guys like Riptor canā€™t even melt someone or freeze someone like Cinder and Glacius can and no one has to be decapitated. you could have Riptor bite and slash at someone to death and the only nadsty thing weā€™d be getting is a lot blood loss everywhere. No loss of limbs, heads heck no insides showing.
Shagoā€™s was both flashy and it gave a pretty nasty death itself. realistically if shago moved at that speed the opponent would e in two but thankfully it didnā€™t have to be.

Compromise is the closist you can to satisfy both.

I know. I was just saying I donā€™t want Ultimates to turn into the gory side. Some people want Ultimates to be heads off and stuff.

Well they should know cutting heads off is not workable.
We can have flashy and stuff that could invoke a nasty death.

Just to point out, didnā€™t mean another finisher. I meant we need an alternate option to Ultras.

I feel that Ultimates were the way to go still. I canā€™t see how theyā€™d be able to make a different finisher.

Was playing all day today, and remembered myself of this thread while going on exhibition matches and playing several games in a row and every time the player ended at least with a full ultra. Had to quit so many times, itā€™s painless to wait another challenger on matchmaking rather than forcible watch almost 3 full ultras/reset plus long ending combos every fight.

If you donā€™t remember No Mercies, thatā€™s your personal issue.

Whether you recognize it as significant or not, No Mercies (or character Finishers) were present in both KI & KI2. You call it a gimmick, i call it a standard feature in the KI franchise. What i say is factual, not opinion.

Eh I think they know we want ultimates already, idk why they are waiting so long, this has been a day one topicā€¦I canā€™t do another one.