The "Release Ultimates for all Characters" Request Thread. Share your opinion!

You guys want Ultimates like these?

The first video on 1:53

DAT JAGO DRAMATIC ULTIMATE. LOL RIP RIPTOR

LMAO AT 2:47 on the first video. These are dramatic, but funny.

1 Like

No. I want some more Shadow Jago stuff. Very flashy.

That isnā€™t an Ultimate, Ultimates have to be done mid-combo :U

A good point.

Oh. I know, but you know what I meant. This is what you are referencing when you say Ultimates right? That the original No Mercys/Ultimates are Iconic to KI, and deserves to be in the game in an updated fashion?

Pretty much if youā€™re trying to put it that way. The announcer saying ā€œUltimateā€ is every bit as iconic as ā€œULTRAAA!ā€ thatā€™s how I see it anyway.

In Street Fighter,the Hadoken and Shoryuken is what symbolizes Street Fighter to people outside the Fgc. Get over here is the Mk symbol. For KI,the symbol is the announcer as a whole.

To me, Ultimates were the part of the original KI that seemed more like trying to keep up with MK, and less like a KI-Specific feature. Almost like a bootleg Fatality. This was a symptom of the FG market back in the mid 90ā€™s, with 2 yearsā€™ worth of MKā€™s wild success in tow, and a sequel dropped roughly a year later which upped the ante, developers felt like they had to play their hand at killing off their characters.

The unique feature that KI brought to the table? Long combosā€¦ for the standards at the time, preposertously long combos, and Ultra Combos were the jewel in the crown.

I just donā€™t see Ultimates as iconic to KI. To me, it was Rare trying to keep up with the Joneses.

To be fair, Annihilation isnā€™t an Ultimate, and an Ultimate is a finishing move like an ultra, which youā€™re only able to activate when the opponent is in a danger state.

That said, I still donā€™t care about Ultimates.

tha fulgore gunshot tho :heart_eyes:

In that case Iā€™m all for it!
I retract my entire rant.

But will it ever bet completed? If Ultimates and No Mercies never make it in, then many KI fans will think ā€œno.ā€

Iā€™m not an old school FG player. So its no matter of sentiment to me but after seeing all the production value and the towers to play and the finishers of MKX, KI seems so anemic. People are asking for story modes a lot. Something to be expected for sure. But KI has a low budget and FGs arenā€™t a genre best suited for story telling. KIā€™s was a typical example. Iā€™d much rather them add things like Ultimates, No Mercies, Dojos, Tag, Team 3v3, or some kind of monthly challenges with MKX like towers or something.

If they donā€™t add finishers; if they donā€™t universalize the dojo; if they canā€™t add tag; are we supposed to just get stage ultras for S1 stages? I mean outside of the 8 or 9 characters and stages. Is it added stage ultras? We get to see Rashā€™s story? Cā€™mon now.

Whats the difference between an Ultimate and a No Mercy and a Humiliation?

If Combo animates worse than Riptor & Cinder itā€™s never too late to go back and revise him.
Him animating poorly because he was released earlier is not an excuse.

I hope season 3 is where Killer Instinct comes together as a complete product. We now have Stage Ultras in some stages but not others, Ultimates for some characters but not others, and itā€™s looking like implementation of the stagger mechanic might be spotty too. Itā€™s all a little scattered.

An Ultimate is executed as part of a combo; a No Mercy is not ā€“ the latter is a Mortal Kombat finisher, really. Otherwise thereā€™s no difference. Ultimates are No Mercies rolled into the combo system.

For that reason, Iā€™m 80% sure weā€™ll never see No Mercies in KI Xbox One. Too derivative. Ultimates, though, deserve further attention.

KI isnā€™t a game that is supposed to be complete. It is more of a game that gets better and better over time. Think SFIV. Is vanilla considered compete? Think of KI that way but fair. The game is meant to be played as a platform that improves over time. Who knows if KI will ever be complete. Maybe the last season is when it will be complete.

2 Likes

How may I ask? More characters is awesome. Balance update every time a new character is released.

1 Like

IG characters are a mess. Game is way too gimmicky now. Havent liked a single IG character yet and now with s3 they will flood the game. They even turned shago into a derpy mess of a character -_-

Gimmicky? What is wrong with characters having something unique to themselves. Shadow Jago isnā€™t bad. He can use some of his meter in parts to enhance his moves. How is that a broken mess? You not liking a character(s) that are getting released does not mean the game is getting worse. It is that the game is changing and you refuse to adapt. Can you explain what is so bad about gimmicks and IG characters?

1 Like

here we go with the #adapt. I just want more solid characters but ig are doing the same with every character. seemingly small damage with a usualy broken way of getting big damage, too many tools and a silly gimmick each. Then the recaptures which were a terrible idea. And now shagos are doing 100% combos lol