The official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF)#5

It’ll make it interesting if the tournament fills early and we end up playing it out on both 3.8 and 3.9. For me, it’s not going to make a huge difference except if i get paired with certain players and their main(s) that i know of like Lemon, Slender, Sasuke and Dul.

EDIT - I mean that in the sense that these are the players i know of that run Gargos, Fulgore or Kan-Ra. Ie, characters that got some buffs in 3.9 patch. The other registered players either run characters that i have ideas on how i want to play the MU or i’m not familiar with the player and their characters.

1 Like

I’m pribably going to get destroyed. I haven’t played KI at all this month.

1 Like

I will sign up if there’s even a slight chance of being able to pair up a day early for the first round. Let me know, otherwise I’m a free bi to whoever draws me.

Don’t worry. You aren’t the only one.

Lol. And you won’t be the only one either… :joy:

4 Likes

Lol. Okay I’m in.

Edit: hey @WrathOfFulgore, have you ever considered setting the tournament up to allow everyone to keep fighting for actual placement? Meaning after the second round, 1/4 of the players are “tied” for 13 place with an 0-2 record. Theoretically those guys could fight each other to determine 13, 14, 15th place etc. I don’t know if Challonge lets you set it up that way and it might be a hassle for you to keep track of so many fights. But it just seems like the weekly format isn’t really constrained by the time and space limits that make those placings impractical in a real tournament.

1 Like

maybe set a email notification for this thread?

1 Like

Honestly I haven’t thought of it that way. It sounds like it would possibly be a neat way of setting it up. I may have to look into it and maybe we can try it out for the next tournament. :+1:

Believe me when I say you’re not alone in that. I’ve been playing some, but lately I’ve been focusing more on getting everyone to L50 so I haven’t touched my mains much in that time, and what I have I’ve mostly just been playing Shadow Survival, though it has been on the 1000sp tier.

Eh, I’m pretty much in it for the fun anyway.

3 Likes

@NWOChr0n0s312

2 Likes

Ok, I’m in. Looking forward to this. Seems like a cool concept.

3 Likes

Oh god…

Looking at the bracket I just realized…

This will be me against most of the roster on this tournament

(I’m the star btw)

5 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, most of the tournaments I’ve been in online with commentary usually goes something along the lines of “What the heck is he doing? He’s making so many easily avoidable mistakes! There’s so much damage being just left on the table!” :roll_eyes::smirk:

Oh, BTW, 6 more slots left in case anyone’s counting. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Agreed

Btw @Fwufikins

This is the tournament i’m in

2 Likes

Hey guys, just letting you know that with us having 1 day left, no new additions to the player pool recently, and my screwball schedule I have today between having to work 12-8a in the morning and somehow squeezing sleep and likely taking the family to the local fair (because my in-laws insisted) in today I wanted to get everything going BEFORE the start of the tournament, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. While it doesn’t officially start until 12am Central tonight, you can go ahead and get a head start. I have already randomized the bracket, so who you’re paired up with now is who you get. As always I recommend getting in touch with your opponent as soon as possible. But anyway,

Welcome to the Weekly Tournament of the Forums #5!!!

@FallofSeraphs76 It looks like we’re matched up for round. I’m going to be indisposed this weekend, but I’ll be free every weekday afternoon next week as well as tomorrow, so feel free to pick when you want and I’ll be there.

Anyway, I’m going to bed now. :sleeping:

2 Likes

@WrathOfFulgore

I’m going to strangle a puppy…

32 AM

5 Likes

*shrug * Someone’s gotta play him. :confused:

Seriously though, I randomized the seeds, so it happened how it happened. If it makes you feel any better my son was matched up against him in the first round last tournament.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ( ͜。 ͡ʖ ͜。)

Oh well.

2 Likes

Ey people!

I was kinda busy lately, but I wouldn’t miss the WTF tournament for nothing!

@NWOChr0n0s312, can you play today? I’m going to be out from tomorrow until Sunday, we could play today or from the Sunday ahead.

I’m from Europe, so maybe timezones could be messy. Just let me know when you can play

1 Like

@FR33ZINGPHO3NIX Whenever is good for you just let me know :+1:

1 Like