The official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF)#5

Damn I’m getting frustrated with myself. I’ll try for sure tomorrow

@HWSlenderCashew Ready?

@FallofSeraphs76 I’m up and ready to go!

IM about to connect and warm up …Ill hit you up in about 20 mins

Xbox live is having some core issues… XBL has disconnected 3 times in the last 2 hours.

1 Like

I’m going to get off real soon. i won’t be able to get on today after that

@WrathOfFulgore
@FallibleJoker14 wins over @FallofSeraphs76
3-1
GGs!

2 Likes

I didn’t play my best that set. I thought I was prepared enough for your Omen but turns out I wasn’t. I was failing to do some of my regular tricks and I messed up in some execution. You really had me second guessing everything I do and I started to panic. Ggs! I’ll post the replays soon if you don’t post them.

I thought you did well…I mean you did win the set.

I think your combo breaking is what helped and my lack of/ lock out is what did me in. It was a close 4 games for sure!

I wasnt expecting Kilgore… hard to be prepared for a character that literally no one plays online. I really wish online was more varied in characters. Too many people play the same ole characters.
Hisako, Jago, Orchid, Shago, TJ, Spinal, Cinder. Thats all I ever see in Ranked.

Lol, funny when the first thing that happened was that you counter broke my Heavy break attempt. Besides, locking out against Kilgore isn’t the worst thing to happen. It’s weird how I like to play outsider characters. Never really play “mainstream” characters seriously. I hope I didn’t get you frustrated, I thought you did and I know that Kilgore has that tendency to make people angry.

You play such a slower Omen then others and it surprised me! I believe that the first counter breaker you got on me really spoke me up. I always second guessed my breaks (I didn’t want that to happen again and it resulted in some late inputs). I really need to not crack under a big letdown like that. Im guessing that was why I was dropping so many opportunities. It really was a good fight! You did really well with your flipout setups. Look forward to playing some other time.

I’m a big believer in the philosophy that if you ever get counter broken (and aren’t super familiar with the player), you should immediately break again when the opportunity arises. Most people counter break to teach a lesson; it’s more of a conditioning tactic than a consistent plan to get damage. Being belligerent about breaking is a good way to frustrate them and make them think you’re a nut. Both are useful results.

3 Likes

wait we fighting today right?

@Sasuke99I Will you be able to run our match today? I’m off all day, just let me know.

At 6PM Central Time? Is that good?

Uhh…no… I dont get upset or frustrated during tournament matches. If you cant have fun while playing a tournament match then whats the point? Getting upset will only make you play worse and not enjoy the game.
Now I can get upset while playing online VS strangers… but tournaments…I relax and have fun.

1 Like

Thats 7pm est…hmmm, yes, i should be able to swing that. What is your GT, I’ll add you now.

Mine is NWO Chr0n0s312

Sasuke 99I

capital i at the end

1 Like

Yes.

@WrathOfFulgore I lost to @Sasuke99I 2-3…ggs bro

1 Like

@WrathOfFulgore Unfortunately I will have to drop out of the tournament this time around :cry: Give Night Breed the win

2 Likes

Lol. You could have dropped out before beating me…

6 Likes