The official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #1 thread

Ok guys, here it is: the official Weekly Tournament of the Forums! This tournament is for those of us that typically can’t join regular tournaments, online, offline, or otherwise. So here’s the way it’ll work:

First off, sign up here: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/j3rdH1netf

And the tournament bracket is here: http://challonge.com/wtftourney

There are only 16 slots…I’m going to try to keep it small and see how it handles with managing it…consider this tournament a trial run.
Each round will last a full week, with the first week starting next Friday, Sept 2 at 12:00am CST. Each participant will be responsible for finding and arranging a match with their opponent on the bracket, and play a first to 3 win set sometime during that week. You will need to record the match and send the results to me via a private message, and I will then post the results to this thread. If an arrangement with the opponent cannot be made within the week, both players will forfeit the match. When the week is over Thursday at 11:59 pm the next round will begin. The winner of a match will be locked into his character choice, and a player can only change characters to counterpick after a lost match. Matches need to be played in a private lobby, and in the case of lag both players need to agree that a delay is fine between them, and if a player disconnects from the lobby they will be awarded a loss.

Keep in mind I’m new to this, so forgive any bumps in the road, and any help I can get from those in the community that have done tournaments before will be appreciated.
…for this one the prize will just be the admiration of other forum members. It things go over well, maybe we can have prizes in later tournaments? But let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

@BigBadAndy @KevBones10 @MandrillManiac @Infilament @Dayv0 @DulXboxOne @FallofSeraphs76 @xSkeletalx @Marbledecker @Sasuke99I

9 Likes

@Fwufikins @SonicDolphin117 @PVXenoraptor @STORM179 @WandaMaximoff @TheNinjaOstrich @Crainiak24 And tag anyone else that may be interested…

I mean, I’ll try. I can guarantee I’ll be anything but free points, but I’ll try… Probably :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m in, ought to be fun. We could also have the final few matches streamed and commentated. I’m sure myself and another KI patron (perhaps my boys @DulXboxOne or @PVXenoraptor or the ever sexy @Marbledecker) would be more than happy to find the time. Fair warning, If we do end up streaming with commentary the stream would need to be relatively low quality and for the love of Gargos NO MORE THAN 2 COMMENTATORS. I’m applying what I have learned from the last Random character tournament.

5 Likes

In addition, I would be willing to host the stream myself should the need arise.

1 Like

I would love to sign up for this! I’d combo assist aloud considering it is for other tournaments? Its really awesome what you’re doing :slight_smile:

I don’t know what anyone else would say, but I think combo assist is fine.

1 Like

Okay thankyou!! :slight_smile:

Goshdarnit :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m matched against WrathOfFulgore right away…I’m going to get asswhooped…

Who can help me train? Who’s his main (fulgore?)? Weakspots? Panic, panic…

…Anyone have any dirt on him, maybe I can blackmail him, lol…

All weeks start on a Friday and end on a Thursday?

If that’s true, I can do my matches only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I’m in!

@Crainiak24 I’M COMING FOR YOU :joy::joy::joy:

Don’t worry @Draigh, You’re apparently fighting me first :wink:

I was actually going to put the names through a randomizer before the tournament starts & adjust accordingly.
& FYI…it’s Gargos. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Oh, thats ok then, just killed him in Shadow Lords :smirk: (Not before he killed my Jago though with his stupid minions :unamused:)

But I will wait and see who I have to face than, I’m expecting to get beaten early on though, but if you dont try you cant win either, so…YOLO!

You’re even worse, you’re an Arbiter player :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Also added you to my friendslist and seems you’ve played some decent Riptor too (and perhaps a bit of Wulf) I’m not good against rushdown characters :scream:.

Oh well, will throw everything and the kitchen sink at you and see what sticks :smiling_imp: If we end up being matched up in the end. Its all in good fun :grin:

1 Like

There’s no reason not to allow combo assist. And even if there was, there would be no way to enforce a prohibition on using it so I think you’re good to go.

EDIT: PS @WrathOfFulgore I signed up.

HOW DID YOU KNOW?! :scream:
However, I USED to play Wulf, but I don’t anymore.

You’re right about Arbiter and Riptor however :smiling_imp:

Prepare to have your thunder quelled and your flame doused in my flame, of primal essence :imp:
That’s if we’re really facing eachother :wink:

I’m in!

Sorry, dont play Thunder :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looks like we’ve got half the bracket full already. Awesome!

Thanks :slight_smile: @BigBadAndy I’ll be signing up tonight for this tournament! :slight_smile:

I’d love to commentate with your dashing voice.

1 Like