The official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #1 thread

So, I signed up without fully considering the rules. I will be out of town from September 14-25th. This means that I am fine for the first week and as long as I move quickly the second week as well. But the third week I will have to take a forfeit for sure (in which case it seems fair to give my opponent the win, rather than force him to take the forfeit). If the week two brackets are resolved quickly, I might be able to set up a quick match with my week 3 opponent before week 3 starts. For week 4 I will just have to go late in the week, if Iā€™m still going at that point.

Anyway, the point of all of this is, knowing that I will for sure be gone for a little over a week, @WrathOfFulgore let me know if you would prefer me to drop out of the tournament.

ā€¦hmmā€¦ well obviously the point of this tournament is to make accommodations for those with wonky schedules. Unless anyone objects, I would say if you can get the game in early that would be great, but if you canā€™t we could credit you with a loss so it wouldnā€™t negatively impact your opponent and you could still play through the loserā€™s bracket. Does that seem reasonable?

1 Like

Itā€™s meant to coincide with Arbiterā€™s Intro quotešŸ˜‚

I figured, I didnt take it literal :sunglasses:

1 Like

That sounds good to me

I joined! When is the first match?

Next friday through the following thursday.

1 Like

Thank you!

If I were to join what would be the recommended way of recording your matches? Thatā€™s my only problem. I donā€™t think I have the computer hard ware to do that.

1 Like

@BubbRubb4Real Challonge records your Wins and Losses for you, donā€™t worry.

If you mean video recording, then I donā€™t know.

Video recording is what I ment. Because we have to record our matches and submit them right? @WrathOfFulgore

Nah, just message him after and say who won/what the score was.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦honestly it really doesnā€™t matter. I mean I know itā€™ll only record 5 min worth, but using the game DVR app would be fine if you can get it to work for you. But recording would mostly be just for everyoneā€™s viewing pleasureā€¦just to see how the fight went down. If both you and your opponent canā€™t record it for some reason Iā€™d say both of you just tell me the outcome & Iā€™ll record the results on the bracket.
I would even be fine with showing replays, provided that they arenā€™t laggy and end up with different results than the live match.
Personally I mostly play KI on PC anymore, & I will likely be using the windows 10/xbox app game dvr option, which can record up to 2 hours. Obviously not everyone can do that, so just use the tools you have.

1 Like

@lewisthewizard @gr1mgr1n84 @hippie103 You guys want to do this and @Dayv0ā€™s tournament?

Good to know. I could probably just figure out how to use the Xbox DVR. Never used it before but I guess if itā€™ll only record up to five minutes at a time it would have to be for each individual match.

Canā€™t do both but I love the idea of this one. This works well with my schedule though.

1 Like

Stop taking the words out of my mouth you silver tongued rascal.

2 Likes

Also, I checked the bracket and I am once again fighting @Dayv0. I swear itā€™s like destiny or somethingā€¦

2 Likes

Jajaja, yeah, I noticed that.

But this time, not with randomā€¦

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

1 Like

@Crainiak24

#HEā€™S GONNA USE HIS AGANOS!!!

#RUN OR USE KAN-RA!!!

1 Like