The official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #1 thread

Yeah, Like I said earlier, once the roster is full I’m gonna throw everybody’s names into a randomizer and adjust the bracket accordingly, so don’t assume you’re going to be paired up with anyone just yet.

2 Likes

Well, we have 2 spots still open. @SightlessKombat, you said in the month long (+) tournament thread that you might be willing to participate. Are you still interested?

Why not. The only issue is if we have an odd number of players. That and time zones. Other than that, I’ll be happy to give this a go.

I’m sure that @WrathOfFulgore will get one more player. @KevBones10, Do you want to fill the last spot?

I’ve signed up. Just let me know via pm who I’m fighting and we should be good to go.

1 Like

Well, since I’m in Arkansas I planned everything according to CST (Central), but honestly the only times you really need to worry about as far as deadlines are concerned is midnight Thursday night/Friday morning.

@WrathOfFulgore It seems like we have 16 people now, since @DarkLrdChuckles joined.

1 Like

Awesome! As I mentioned earlier I threw all the names into a randomizer (I used random.org to be specific), and for the sake of transparency here was the results:

I have adjusted the bracket accordingly as well.

I also went ahead and started the bracket. As far as I’m concerned while the tournament doesn’t officially start until Friday, I’d say for this first round if anyone wants to go ahead and get a head start on the action, & since we all know who our opponent is, if you want to go ahead & set up your first round fights go right ahead.

Just remember to DM the results and a link to the video of your fight to me, and I’ll relay that to this thread for everyone to see.

GOOD LUCK AND MAY THE BEST PLAYER WIN!!

3 Likes

What’s ST Lemonhunter gametarg? Is he in the forums?

Gamertag, I don’t know, but his forum name is @LemonHunter38.

1 Like

Thanks!

@LemonHunter38, add me and maybe we can play our set later if you want. We have 5 hours between us. Maybe I will be online in about 5-6 hours from now.

@PVXenoraptor looks like we are up in the first round. I am on the east coast of the US and unless I’m wrong you are in the UK. That puts you five hours ahead of me.

I won’t be home before 5:00 pm all week. Except Wednesday, when I am working from home. I’m not going to be available on Saturday of Sunday, but Monday the 5th is a holiday so that’s a good day for me. DM me and we can get a schedule.

@WrathOfFulgore its best of 3? And the rules for switching characters between rounds are standard (i.e. Loser can switch)?

1 Like

2 Likes

Luckily, I don’t go back to school until September 8th, so I’m 100% sure I can do September 5th.

Great. I will DM you as the date approaches to set up a time, but probably early-late afternoon in the UK will work.

1 Like

I’m already starting to set the wheels in motion, hopefully myself and @Draigh might have the set done by tonight and possibly uploaded by tomorrow, all being well.

Lol. Amusingly, you and I are up first @DulXboxOne :smile: Just let me know when you want to play.

1 Like

As long as it isn’t past 8pm then it’s fine.

Ugh when are you free?

Remember guys also to play your matches in a private lobby, so if there is a disconnect you have proof of who disconnected and who didn’t…provided that there is an argument about it. Hopefully we’ll all be honest enough about things it wouldn’t really be necessary.

…lol, I have a feeling by the end of this I’m going to sound like Navi sending out little rule reminders…

2 Likes