The Official "Let's Make Top 32" Thread

I dislike when players think of themselves as “free.” I dislike talking about myself too…Call it being uplifting or whatever, but being free is a state of mind.

Im nowhere near KIWC level of talent myself. But any and every time i play a set or go into ranked, no matter who, im looking to kill and pick them apart.

I used to think like that before myself, being free. It changed the day i went and made a chart of the top 25 players with each of the available characters at the time. I was #3 out of all Kim Wu far as number of wins. But dead last as far as win percentage out of some 600 or so players. I changed that very day.

I spent last month between rank 100 and 200 which was a improvement. i can do better. Plan to do better. So can you.

2 Likes

I hear what you’re saying.

You don’t HAVE to Grind 30 nights
Lol

But there is no way of knowing, so Grinding 30 increases my chances lol

There is. Keep watch of who is in top 32. Whenever you cone across someone who is. PAY ATTENTION TO HOW THEY PLAY. Once you guage your opponents in short order you’ll find it easy to pull wins in ranked.

Ranked help me not focus on winning THE MATCH, but it helped me winning matchups and most importantly AGAINST PLAYERS. You must always go into ranked believing you’ll win every match you head into and grinding for 30 days works for some, and doesn’t work for others. There’s a difference between playing a lot and playing when it counts.

If you lose, “Think on it but don’t DWELL on it” (charbok told me that at KIWC) and it stuck with me. I could have lost every time in ranked but my mind set was the same. My mind set being (this is just a video game, but what can i do to perform better at this game at this EXACT MOMENT).

That juicebox video really helped me pick apart how i play. The best thing i did during my week long grind was go into replay mode and watch my losses, then see the same opponent and beat them numerous times in short order :yum:

5 Likes

What juicebox video?

2 Likes

after i finish my project…this is gonna be my next one. top ■■■■■■■ 32 lol. ill have more time to slack off and be lazy

1 Like

Curious how people’s progress to Top 32 is going thus far. Halfway through April as of now.

1 Like

I was doing so well until my controller broke on me and now I’m losing all my matches :sob:

1 Like

The bumper right? Lol if it was an elite, good luck. Finding the right replacement is torture.

1 Like

Yup. It got stuck and snapped on me. I was using Shisako and used heavy punch a lot.

2 Likes

You bind a heavy punch to a bumper? I usually bind macros to mine; 3k and 3p to left and right bumper respectively.

1 Like

Dang. I feel your pain dude. I’m still searching for a replacement. I found one but it didn’t fit. The elites demesions are slightly different. I might just glue it back together or use putty to strengthen the bind.

1 Like

I’ve had my controller for 3 years and it’s still going strong.

Don’t hit your buttons so hard :joy:

1 Like

I’m having the opposite problem with the RT on my controller, its too sensitive. No joke, if I even touch the trigger it takes it as an input!

1 Like

I don’t. I hit it at a weird angle is all. When it randomly happens to you, you’ll see what I mean. Just a dumb design, cheaper for mass production but not as durable.

For me, since i asked about status, right now im at rank 180 with a 200-143 record. So around where i ended last month at. Not really within striking distance of top 32 though.

Probably because i mostly play in the am EST and i hardly see Pro Star players unless i squeeze time in in the pm to play.

1 Like

Going for my first, so far I’ve been having some modest luck against my opponents making wise decision… that is until I get flustered.

Any general advice about trying to make it to top 32 @ItzTymeToDul and @Dayv0?

2 Likes

You don’t need to play A LOT. Just play smart. This is the time where you need to think about every lose you have and play as safe add possible. Plaguing A LOT does not mean you’ll get a pro star.