The Official "Let's Make Top 32" Thread

Well, end of day 4… bleh…soo many salty beatdowns…I’m now sitting at 576.
…but I ended on a good note. I’ve been having issues with Rash all day, getting stuffed in a corner, WB & boot-juggled to hell, so on this last one my game plan was instead of sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to hit him sideways, like I usually do, I rammed Gargos down his froggy throat & stayed up in his face, and surprisingly it worked.
Anyway, I’ll do some more tomorrow, see if I can’t climb back up that ladder. I mean I’m already doing better than I ever have. The highest I’ve ever made it before is like maybe 950 or something in that ballpark.

1 Like

i already posted somewhere how it should be

If i am at #100 with 9000 points and beat #20 with 12000 points i now earn 500 points (example) and he/she loses 50 points.

Imo he should lose 500 points the same amount that i gained. Of course this only applies to killer vs killer matches.

If i ragequit i lose 500points too

Not entirely related, but since the last time I checked this post, there’d been 32 new replies.
I figured in a thread about Top 32, that’s pretty serendipitous.

Also, I’ve been contemplating joining this race, if not directly. I’m going for all the Battle Worn achievements, and though I’m currently at the bottom of Gold I may begin my quest when/if I get back into Killer tier while I go for that.

1 Like

Hey man. Do what you feel is right.

1 Like

I am gonna put mira away and go to exhibitions with her only from here on out. I was getting totaled out there, and the amount of scumbags in ranked set off a hisako rampage lol. Many lessons of humility had to be taught as I move to improving my skills with her. I even busted out fulgore after a hiatus away from him, IT WAS THAT BAD.

2 Likes

I hate it when you loose with Mira becasue you basically killed yourself for them and then they taunt and TB like they did something lol. So annoying.

2 Likes

Well, my current rank is sitting about the same as it was on my last post. I had actually lost quite a bit of ground and was down around about 700, but when I went back to check today I guess a lot of other players did the same because I had jumped about 150 places without doing anything. Odd. I have been noticing the Jago army seems to be growing as of late. Also I started noticing a lot of players that win seem to be doing what I’ve been calling a non-teabag, where they intentionally move their character over either your head or groin area and will then do anything but hit down…just stand there, jump up & down, dash over you from head to toe…kinda makes you feel like they’re trying to say “I don’t want to be rude, I just want you to know I’m better than you.” Lol. I can’t say much…I tend to use Gargos’s dramatic grab and leave them there hanging as a means of intimidation…not really sure if it works or not, but it does give me time to think a bit about what to do next.
Whatever the case, I’m still plugging away. It seems like I’m climbing the ranks, but not as quickly as I could.

I do have a question though: does Combo Breaker training have a way to speed up the rate at which the computer throws attacks at you? That’s one thing I have an issue with using it, there’s usually such a lul between when you break a combo and when they start a new one it seems like I’m spending half my time just sitting there waiting for them to attack.

1 Like

I love doing this lol.

Hey, if nothing else it’s a good way to drain about a third to half of an instinct meter.

Update: lost more ground…like a lot…like around 1000th place. I’ve been slowly climbing back up though, fine-tuning my moves, pushing through the pain, so to speak. I think it was yesterday I actually had a matchup with WrathGlacius, who at the time was in 2nd place, and nearly beat him (he was in danger on the 3rd fight), so that was a bit of a confidence builder. At this pace I don’t know if I’ll make it anywhere close to the top 32, but dammit if I haven’t gotten any better…

1 Like

I’m proud of you. :slight_smile: you are taking your misfortune so well. I want to play a set with you. Hopefully I can play with you and I can find things we both can work on in our game.

I’m on right now if you want to go. I don’t have a mic hooked up though. Trying to keep quiet cause everyone’s sleeping right now but me.

Invite me, please!

1 Like

Ugh I’m still awake. @WrathOfFulgore are you still on?

yeah, I sent you an invite

Ok one sec.

1 Like

Yeah, I think winning streaks increase the number of points you earn for each win, right? Or maybe the point increase is just a function of time (closer to end of season, more points awarded for wins)?

It also depends on who you beat. If you beat someone in top 32, you get a big piece of the pie.

1 Like

Nah, it’s based purely on point differentials. Beating another killer below you will always give you 50 points, no matter how many wins you’ve gotten up to that point or how late in the season it is.

as of 4 days ago i was sitting at rank 76! it is a new milestone for me, i have never gotten to break top 200 because of constant losses. now that i have grown stronger as a player, im reaching new heights. im gonna make top 32 happen if i keep this up, i dont think ill make it this current round due to time constraints (and No Man’s Sky) but i will continue to train regardless. maybe next cycle i will hit it. things are looking up, and Hisako is gonna get me to my goal!

2 Likes