The Official "Let's Make Top 32" Thread

Well, first day is done and well…all i can really say is I knocked off a bit of rust with Gargos after leveling up other characters like Eyedol this past month. 2 of the first players I was pitted against was ITA Master411 and Thompxson (I agree, his Jago is a BEAST)…had a few wins and losses, but all things considering I think I’m doing ok. Now I just need some points…

Honestly if you guys are going for top 32 it’s not really worth it playing in the first half of the month. The amount of time and effort it takes to go up 50 points at a time is silly compared to simply getting a 1000 points per win half way through the month.

Also, based on previous month’s point totals for the top 32 you only really need on average 20,000+ points to make it. Some months it’s a bit more, others a bit less, but that’s usually what you should aim for, so instead of constantly trying to keep up with the top 32 all month and getting frustrated as they pull farther and farther away every day, just aim for that point total. It’s a much less stressful line of thought to take.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. In all honesty though, I’ll likely be trying all month anyway. I’ve really been enjoying playing ranked lately, having a lot of fun with Gargos.

1 Like

I wish you the best of luck sir!

1 Like

Tbh to me its pure grind.

I was in Top32 multiple times but the next day i lost 10 to 15 positions.

I know i could have done it but i did not had the time or motivation to grind it out.

And tbh the star looks pretty bad - a burning profile card where flames build the number in different colors would have a reason for me to grind it out - and i quit ki for the most part and will drop to gold or qualifier

Lol good luck. One bad streak and you lose ■■■■ tons of points.

Hit the nail on the head. It’s such an annoying grind. Should be purely win based with only killer v killer matches adding to your win count

How would that be any less of a grind? Unless you put some kind of minimum games played floor on it and go by percentages, you’re still just asking someone to grind out more wins than the next guy. And going by percentages, there are host of other issues that crop up, not least of which being how relatively easy it is to attain and then just sit on a very good win rate.

At least in the current system, you can avoid having to play a billion matches if you just consistently beat the players who spend inordinate amounts of time grinding.

True, but you don’t lose wins like you’d lose points. Unless you’re a godlike player you’re bound to have some bad streaks and it’s super frustrating how much they set you back, and it feels like an unnecessary punishment. If wins were used as opposed to points I feel like being in top 32 would be less grind oriented than it is now and more skill oriented.

No, going by wins would be more grind oriented. You wouldn’t get any bonuses for beating people higher up in the tiers meaning you couldn’t just wait until the end of the month, beat the number 1 guy, and jump up 500 spots. You’d have to play from Day 1 of the month and play every day otherwise you’ll fall behind too much to catch up. It would become more about who plays the most than who’s actually good, just look at the rank leaderboards for the characters. They go by wins and the top 10 only have like a handful of people that are actually good with the character and then you have the guys with thousands of thousands of wins but with terrible win ratios. At least with the current point system a terrible win ratio won’t get you top 32.

2 Likes

What @SithLordEDP said. I played 300 games to get my star. If I’d had to go by wins, those 270 wins wouldn’t even have had me in the top 50 probably. Some people grind a lot in Ranked - the points “catch up” system is the only thing that keeps it from just being a month-long slog of playing 4 hours every day.

End of day 2 (for me anyway, have to go to work at midnight) I’m sitting at #195. I feel like it was a productive day.

1 Like

Made it to #85 last night. Brutal grind and beat two pro-starred players by sheer luck near the end.

The point system is a relentless though. Fighting anyone below Killer gives you like 2 spots up and losing brings you down faster than you can go up. I look at the rankings and almost everyone is around 9-1 to 8-2. Sadly for me, at super high level I can barely manage to rank up to 7-3 or 6-4.

Tiger sitting comfortably and happily at rank #300

Tiger at rank #85

1 Like

Bro I was 119 this afternoon. I’ll grind more tomorrow. I’m finishing on points more than anything. Trying not to play to much.

1 Like

the new cycle has begun, i havent started my rise to top 32 just yet. i am currently on ranked getting stronger with mira. im gonna follow that idea of trying to get 32 towards the end of this cycle when there are 2 weeks left. at which point, i will be going all the way with hisako or fulgore

1 Like

Just in 2 weeks to top 32?

You must already have a pro star huh, or just win a lot.

1 Like

No he didn’t lol

Just win a lot. I only got serious about collecting my star in the final week (I was at 55). Stole a lot of points from people Ranked higher than myself.

2 Likes

Ouch, that hurts my chance. I’m still grateful for being in the top 200’s though.

1 Like

ill be doing my best to gank some higher ranking guys. alot of them are too cocky for their own good, they start taunting or bagging in the middle of the fight after they land a couple set ups consecutively. oh the horror when they eat the full ultra and lose