The Official "Let's Make Top 32" Thread

I still can’t get pro star…

5 Likes

I’m done playing for the day, and i’m probably gonna land somewhere between rank 100-200 this month. Got as close as about 70.

1 Like

Not sure if I can make it. I’ve been in the exact same spot for the last few hours. Win one, lose a match. Win 2 matches. Lose 2 matches. If this keeps up, I probably won’t make it. I won’t stop though. I have 8 hours and I’m going to keep on grinding for 8 hours.

1 Like

I don’t recommend An 8 hour grind.

1 Like

Well there is only 7 hours left until rank reset :confused:

take a 1 hour break, then play for 2 hours, take a 3 minute break, then lay for the rest. part of what makes you loose is that you burn yourself out. dont do it, youll just be mad for nothing and lose when you shouldnt have. you are good enough to not NEED A GRIND. what you need to do is look at the top 32 players RIGHT NOW. play ranked, match up with them and MAKE SURE YOU BEAT THEM. your points will dramatically increase, not to mention you take them down too. quanity does not equal quality.

1 Like

You’re right. I’ve bene losing a lot for reasons I shouldn’t have. I hope I can reach top 32 in 2 hours though. You don’t get a lot of points from beating people in top 32 when your in 41

1 Like

I’m somewhere around 46 and get about 100 points from a T32 win. So it shouldn’t take more than like 10 wins to get in. Of course you want to play more after to secure your spot though. Just focus on getting the important wins and you’ll make it.

2 Likes

I give up on the pro-star. I realized it’s not really worth it to me. Grinding for 4 days straight made on of my favorite games unenjoyable. Perhaps another time. I also shouldn’t try to go from 0 to top 32 in 4 days.

1 Like

congrats @SithLordEDP

2 Likes

Don’t congratulate me yet. I’ve been losing like a mother these last two hours.

2 Likes

Yep.

Well I ended 9th but I’m still pissed. I went on a 20 something lose streak I had to climb back from. If I hadn’t played at all today I would have ended 7th.

1 Like

Yeah, never wait that late to try and get a star. I say start about halfway through the month - then you’re far enough behind that you can rack up the big point gains, but not so far that you have to play for hours and hours and hours at a time to crack the Top 32.

2 Likes

so do you have to hold position in the top 32 for a whole month before you get the star?

No, you just have to be in the Top 32 at the end of the month.

2 Likes

I hope to get one, when the sequel comes out, and the current greats have moved on to it, and I need a few thousand points to be in the top 32 :laughing:

Then again … those who haven’t moved on will probably have dirtier tech than they do now … so :expressionless:

2 Likes

just start fresh with the others when that sequel comes out. everyone will be on even ground after all! believe in yourself!

I’m with you. I made it as far as I could before realizing it wasn’t worth it anymore. As much as I wanted to have a star of my own, I just wasn’t having fun anymore and forced myself to get at least a good handful of matches every day for the last three weeks. All-in-all, I just didn’t feel it anymore, so I just grinded in Injustice instead to get several characters to level 20.

I don’t think I’ll ever make the climb to 32, especially when I was on my break… and that’s okay.

2 Likes

It makes a huge difference when playing the game is something you WANT to do rather than something you HAVE to do. Pretty similar to Let’s Players on Twitch/Youtube. It looks like a dream job until you actually start doing it and it ceases to be something you look forward to doing.

I think the highest I’ve made it is in the 200-300’s but I could never imagine grinding for Top 32. Because I know the longer I play the worse I become.

2 Likes