The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

Yeah I think I’ve been seeing that too, particularly the death screams. Thought it might have been my imagination until now.

1 Like

Nah this was before that announcement and in ranked…testing is in EX. It happens in EX too…but something always feels laggy…even if my connection is solo and top notch at 90-110mps. Its as if every ooppenent is playing wifi

1 Like

Speaking of weird and annoying, Have you ever had Omen do Shadow Rash instead of Ultra when you need it> Especially after FWD HP >Ultra.

Man that abut cost me a match earlier and IM like WTF? IF I had Ultra assist on it would have went into ultra before FWD HP active frames were even done.

Is the forward hp a manual? If you do it raw, forward hp into Ultra isn’t a thing and won’t work at all.

2 Likes

Fwd+HP isn’t an opener. It can be a manual (after which you can ultra) if you’re hitting it off a fireball, but if it’s hitting raw you’ll never be able to ultra after.

2 Likes

So you cant jab into UA ultra? It has to be listed as an opener to work with Ultra assist?
Why would a fireball be considered an opener but hot FWHP?

Legitimate questions, not being facetious.

Ultra assist doesn’t actually make ultras possible when they shouldn’t, just fyi. Normals and command normals are considered as normal hits in the combo system (attacks that don’t go into a breakable combo).
Then most specials are considered openers, which go into the combo system. Ultras can only be activated after an opener.

1 Like

GGS to everyone I fought in the Practice Tournament - 9/8 on Xbox Arena. It was tons of fun! I even streamed it secretly lol.

I’ll see if I can get a video up from the stream. It was hype! I had fun in this single elimination event online.

Shoutouts to my man @oTigerSpirit who fought valiantly in this tourney.

(Even though it was by my hand, he lost :sob: )

GGS Dude! There is a tourney next Friday. I’ve signed up. You guys should too!

Go to KI’s Game Hub and go to the tab for tournaments. :smiley:

3 Likes

IMG_8881

sigh Good games dude… I can’t beat you, yet.

3 Likes

Yo, my childhood song I used to listen to all the time :joy:

Also:

IMG_0632

3 Likes

You should think about posting match(es?) in the Replay and Analysis thread Tiger. Getting a few more eyes on it may help you out :slight_smile:

@fallofseraphs76 Jab->jab->ultra isn’t a thing. Jab->jab->jab->ultra isn’t even a thing (I’m pretty sure anyway), even though the third jab is breakable by the 3-hit rule (you are technically in a combo-ish state, but not entirely since you can’t go into AD’s from this). If you feel like you’ve been seeing short light ultra confirms, you’re probably thinking more of something like Orchid’s cr.LK->cr.LK->slide->ultra, which is a very common ultra confirm at higher levels. An ultra can’t be done unless a move tagged as an “opener” has occurred somewhere within the body of the combo. All projectiles get tagged as openers, which is why fwd+HP->ultra is possible if a rashokuken has hit the opponent but not otherwise.

3 Likes

Let it be known that Kim Wu won a tournament. Ostrich was very hungry for the win. Even if you had a player level of 10, he was going all in. No mercy lol.

This was fun to watch, and I was actually impressed with the potential of the Xbox arena setup. If they could implement the stuff we talked about it could be a game changer

1 Like

Confirming will not lead to ultra.

Not even jab > jab > instinct > ultra, jab > jab > jab > instinct > ultra, 3-hit target combo > ultra, +3-hit special/shadow that isn’t tagged as an opener > ultra. Something tagged with opener properties has to precede ultra, Seraphs. To my knowledge, there’s no going around this, CAM or not. And i’m done.

2 Likes

Lol. Well, if you are gonna participate in a tourney, even a practice one, you got to bring your best! :slight_smile:

Cool! Thanks man! Sometimes its hard to remember or know all these small rules.
Tonight during practice and the tournament I remembered to NOT try and ultra after fwd HP… lol

Lol. It’s fine as an ultra confirm - just remember to have a Rasha hit first :slight_smile:

And yeah, if it’s a tournament you play to win; even moreso if it’s a single elim event. No mercy, no games. Get the W. So good stuff @TheNinjaOstrich

1 Like

I will admit, it was fun.

Still trying to get that video edited. Over 7 hours of footage is a lot.

I haven’t tried using Xbox arena since the very first few weeks if testing. Is it approaching functionality?

I’m not sure, it was my first time, so I don’t know how far it has come.

1 Like

I can confirm that it is leaps and bounds ahead of what it was before.

@TheNinjaOstrich There were times where the invites sent for the lobby did not work at all​:joy: The salt was insane when this happened :rage:

2 Likes