The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

It’s unconfirmed, but I highly suspect that’s a big part of why they did it also - the move is just balls to defend against when your actions on screen are notably behind your button presses.

And while I’d prefer them to just fix the netcode, failing that, I think they do have an obligation to take into account how most people will play and experience the game and balance around that experience to a certain extent. Maybe I’d feel differently if I were a long-term series enthusiast, but I just can’t bring myself to feel bad about flapjack :sweat_smile:

GG’s to @XxKISTREETxX for the extended set today. Was a lot of fun :slight_smile:

1 Like

GGs!! I will prolly need some more sets before KIT lol

1 Like

@oTigerSpirit GGs again.

2 Likes

Good luck to all the players that are playing at KIT. And if you’re reading this right now, pools are going on right now on Twitch.

1 Like

I linked the Pools and Top 8 replays for KIT in the KIT 2019 thread for those that were unable to watch live.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. I completely forgot KIT was even happening :-p

Gg’s to @DescartesTruth - enjoyed the matches :+1:t5:

1 Like

He has a mean S. Sako.

1 Like

He does indeed :slightly_smiling_face::+1:t5:

1 Like

I’m going to gush a bit, and I think this is the right place for it.

Most times I lose in Ranked, I send a GG message and compliment the aspect of their gameplay that tripped me up the most. Both last night and this morning, that lead to a set of 10-15 matches with someone, with some coaching and conversation. Unfortunately, neither of them are on this forum.

I also apparently ran into MaruMDQ using another account in Ranked, and we had a good conversation afterwards.

I may still be a noob and there are still people who can just surgically pick me apart with well-placed mix-ups (I had to go 100% to just to get a lifebar off Maru), but I’m really starting to enjoy this game and the community.

7 Likes

Glad you are finding the right outlets to keep you engaged in the game and community! There are a few people who ruin the experience sometimes, but a great handful of players like to help and play for fun.

Hit me up if you are ever looking to learn Jago!

1 Like

I actually get pretty jealous of Jagos sometimes. Feels like they can handle everything. There are just so many cool characters, and I still can’t imagine who I’d want to be my second.

1 Like

Jago is the jack-of-all-trades, where he has an answer to every situation but cannot master all scenarios… except maybe when his DP is brought into question.

He is great if you like balancing your playstyle and learning situational instances against the various opponents of the cast.

Though learning Jago at first can feel like a drag as his selection and style can be boring for most. However, once you start picking apart the unique elements of his playstyle, he can be an interesting shift from traditional shoto.

1 Like

I’ve always played Ryu in any SF, so I’m not above shoto

2 Likes

@LeoFerreis matched with me in Ranked twice in a row and gave me the business with his Kan-Ra, though some extra patience I’ve built up had me not getting absolutely crushed like Kan-Ras used to

3 Likes

Played 20 games with @Infilament. The first 3 were him shaking some rust off, and the last 17 were like an anime squash fight where the protagonist finds out just how large the gap in power is… followed with instructive commentary

5 Likes

Ggs to @CodeComplete85 for our few run ins during Ranked!!! Getting better all the time. I also have a talent for running into Rekkas. :joy_cat:

I thought I was going to get rekt harder than I did when I saw the name. I need a good punish after blocking that heavy air knife though; can’t let Sadiras keep getting away with that.

Also played a good set with @Cabp15 this morning. He’s shown me how scary Arbiter can be

1 Like

If you have meter, you should Shadow Counter it.

2 Likes