The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

Idk man, the fact you actually tried to hit it on Nicky is awesome lol

1 Like

Thank you, Dul. All I’ve wanted with any tech or tips I’ve shared is to ultimately see more people play the character and release this notion of her being a trash character. So this is a step in the right direction.

Sure, Sonic, it’s less than flattering that you missed the tech. I look at it this way. Between Event Hubs, Nicky, Delriach, Adam Isgreen and tons of others, they were intrigued enough by the fact that you missed it to probe further into it afterwards. And you brought something to the table for a character most have put as an afterthought against the best competition out there. That speaks volumes about how much of a spark you may have ignited. You’re now the headlining Kim Wu player.

Accept your shine.

3 Likes

I get the last part. I’m just surprised people had the curiosity to look into a missed setup attempt. It’s easy for an untrained eye to write off what I did as unintentional I feel.

1 Like

Nicky didn’t pull you to the side after your set to ask about it? Because it got him curious enough to tweet about it.

1 Like

He didn’t really get much of a chance. I left back to my room immediately after the tournament ended. Then because of food poisoning making me feel uneasy I only came back the next day for about 2-3 hours. In that time all I did was fight Element, Street and Carnitas.

I did land it on Element though, and Street captured it haha

1 Like

I’ll have to look up Street’s hype reel now.

That’s sad to hear about the illness thing, though. Especially for a weekend where probably the last place you wanna spend time is in the hotel room. Makes me even more cautious about running foodservice for my FGC event. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hey @MandrillManiac. Know you had to leave CB early, but just hope you had a good time man. We didn’t get to chat too much.

4 Likes

This means a lot to me Storm.

I felt like I could’ve done more even with the low grade fever/alleriges (I couldn’t tell at the time)

But Dad had other agendas, which I won’t go into here lol.

I had a lot of fun and would totally come again to play KI.

You @TooSWKKI Aphex arcade and and Keith were the highlights of my trip. And I met new friends there. So that’s a plus.

Thanks for making the trip for me.

8 Likes

No problem man. Glad to hear you had a good time for while you were there. :slightly_smiling_face:

As a random note, I’m at a tournament right now in Singapore. Catch some SG FGC tournament finals at the link below, including @KillerInstinct at 1:30am (EST). Drop by for some awesome matches! MVCI starts us off in 20min :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

GGs to @BiyemAssi237, @FallibleJoker14 and a few others who ive played sets with or found in ranked while navigating the current bugs. GGs to 0rez too, caught his play with Kim/Tusk in the tournament @STORM179 mentioned. And, of course, to Storm as well.

2 Likes

Game is working again

3 Likes

Ggs man. Your kim wu is very patient and calm then suddenly “60% damage dealt”. Where did my health bar go ? Lol

3 Likes

Ggs from earlier man. I don’t know what happened during our first match, but I’m sure you would have destroyed me anyway. :smiley:

Your Aria is excellent as well. Our match was so close. Then the Arbiter battles… I have a feeling you were growing tired of Sadira by that time and just wanted it to be over with. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also ggs too @MnTLetalis as well. While I did beat your Tusk, I know in time you’ll destroy me with him as well. Your Omen is off the chain.

2 Likes

Haha*. Letalis’ Omen is really annoying :-p

1 Like

@MnTLetalis has one of the best Omen I’ve ever faced. The only other one that comes close is @ItzTymeToDul who has a beast of an Omen.

Sadira + Omen + Corner = Dead Sadira

Ggs man nice sadira,

1 Like

Eh i wasnt that great an omen.

1 Like

You were great in my eyes. :smile:

2 Likes

Meh. You’re the reason it’s been like a year since any Omen has managed to beat me.

2 Likes

Remember that last set you played with my omen? I remember that ft10 and you were like 8-1 but i brought it back like 6 or 7 games in a row. I wanna be that omen player again.

1 Like