The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

:sunglasses::+1:

Yeah, I’ve always been more of a play-by-feel kind of guy, so I try all kinds of approaches until I find what works and gravitate towards that. So when I’m doing crazy or unsafe stuff, I’d like to say that’s the reason why, though not always. I’ve mostly been playing the Steam version working on ranking up to killer, but I haven’t had a lot of free time to play much, so I’ve developed some bad habits playing against players that mostly aren’t very challenging.

But as a bonus to the ego, It’s nice to know I was able to teach YOU something for a change, lol.

1 Like

Well I just had 8 straight back outs in the ready screen on Exhibition. 8! Got a match… left after the 1st match, then another back out…so technically 9-1.

USE THE SEARCH FILTER people! LOL

But GGs to ULZero May Cry… some cool Aria stuff I hadn’t seen before.

More GGs to TigerSpirit and M3gaMike

Ended the Stream with 14 players quitting at the ready screen out of maybe 20 opponents. SMDH

GGS to @oTigerSpirit. That FT10 was madness…

2 Likes

Ooh! Must have been good.

Glad you fought Tigerspirit.

Been trying to play with him again, but he just ducks me… :confused:

(Kidding)

1 Like

Lol. Should I record @oTigerSpirit vs me? I’m sure you really want to see our FT10 matches. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Btw, we should play FT10 soon!

2 Likes

I’d love to soon. I miss playing you :slight_smile:

And sure, record them so we can see it!

1 Like

Why don’t you just set your search filter? :confused:

EDIT: oh yeah, I remember - you like to “down-select” your skill/character when running with newer players. Carry on :+1:t5:

Anyone want to play some sets soon ? I haven’t been on these forum since forever lol

Exactly. I dont want to run Omen every fight against a “fight for your life Killer every set” If I want that Ill go to ranked. Ex is where I like to use Sadira or Arbiter…characters I totally suck with and have no idea how to use.
So when I match against a bronze or a silver its a fair fight.

And I DO USE the search filter…every fight. Sometimes I search for all tiers, most of the time I remove qualifier and bronze.

But why should I use the filter when Im not the one leaving at ready screen when they could just use it and avoid wasting their own time and ours?

When I run into @HWXxHoLoGrAmXx in ranked:

3 Likes

And when you cross him in Exhibition…

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

1 Like

Because you routinely come here to vent that people leave on you? :-p They’re certainly not coming to the forums to read your messages, so seems easier to me to just handle it on your end?

I’d recommend just filtering for Golds and Killers. Golds rarely leave in my experience - even my pro star doesn’t tend to scare them away. And they’re not quite “new”, but they’re not usually particularly strong either.

That’s my take on it anyway :slight_smile:

I disagree…I think there needs to be a fix or a way to teach these new players how to use it. What that is in game I do not know. Besides flipping the filter upside down. The less activity KI has online the longer it takes to get a match when they do this. Eventually people will start complaining -even more- that “KI is dead and I cant find a match…it took 30 mins to find a match and then the left”.
Im thinking much further down the road than my own personal enjoyment here.

If ranked wasn’t busted right now Id just switch over to Ranked…but you have that glitch right now as well.

I dont see why you are so against flipping the filter or teaching new players how to use the filter? And whats wrong with a light hearted vent if it brings about discussion and change?

I’m not “against” flipping the filter at all. I actually think it’s a good idea, and have supported you on the point before. But for good or for ill, the game is unlikely to get too many more purely quality of life fixes, and as this suggestion is one that has been made many times before (and mentioned directly to devs who check up on things here) and has not been acted upon, it seems reasonable to assume that it’s probably just not in the cards. Add it to the list of personalized character dojos, online training, and additional training mode options - would it be nice to have? Absolutely! But will we get it? Almost certainly not. That being the case, I see little utility in repeatedly complaining and asking for it. The game is what it is as this point, and we all just have to deal with it and have fun anyway.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had a bunch of Golds and Killers back out on seeing my “Qualifier” tag on my Steam account. They should use the filter too, but I’m not going to sweat it. Just back out and try again, and hope the next match I get in 15 seconds (seriously, Exhibition matchmakes really fast o_O) is a Gold or Killer who’s actually willing to play. It’s not really worth thinking any angst.

1 Like

For what its worth last night the majority of players that backed out were gold / masters. And most of those were killers that got demoted to gold/master from the glitch. So again…if they wont flip the filter then it wouldnt hurt for any of us that have somewhat of a prominent voice to help spread the word of using the filter. Is it a top priority…no…but it woulndt hurt to spread the word…#pleaseusethefilter

EX isnt on a 15 second search right now either…not for me… its more like 1 min for some reason. I never back out of a match regardless of who Im up agsint that I have crossed paths with in the last 10 mins. Meaning we just fought a set and now matched again…lets research and find a new opponent.

I wouldn’t mind trying to run a set against a strong player. I’ll try to find you online.

I have bad news… My record of Tiger vs Kev FT10 is very messed up. I don’t know why, but I will find out. :confused:

All good! Looks like another set in in order :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Hey you mind if i hit u up for a set sometime? BTW gg’s for the last time we played in ranked.Your Kim is pretty nice.

I’m on right now if you want to play?