The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

If you still want a set I’ll send you an invite in like 10 minutes

I’ll probably always be involved in the FGC in some capacity, but maybe just not as a player anymore (although I haven’t played FGs much for the last 18 months or so already, just messing around with old games I already know how to play with friends). If I can’t enjoy games I like, and I’m not really that interested in trying to learn a new game, then I just need to recognize that about myself.

1 Like

Sorry for no response I’ve left for work already so definitely another time

1 Like

For some reason this comment made me feel ancient.

1 Like

Ggs @HWFREEKYJASON! That was a tight set in ranked!

2 Likes

I know, right?

2 Likes

Ggs to @ItzTymeToDul the other day. My Rash/Eagle play wasn’t enough to challenge you yet.

Soon!

1 Like

I had fun. You did good. Can’t wait till next time :+1::stuck_out_tongue:

ggs im lacking in matchup experience vs eagle

2 Likes

GGS to ThrashHeavy! His Eagle is amazing! We had fun until laggy ruined it… :frowning:

5 Likes

He has lagged out on me twice in s row… not on purpose but something is up with his connection. Good Eagle though.

Yeah, I hope he fix his connection soon.

1 Like

Thrash is godlike. Learned half of my tech when against him. I need to ask for a set soon

You know whats crazy…its all natural talent. He doesnt study frames, and advantage and all that tech stuff. He just plays by feel. Doesnt mean he doesnt know some tech and numbers…but he isnt a numbers guy…he doenst seek out the numbers.

2 Likes

Eagle let’s you play by your feelings! That’s what I love about him! If you know the basics of him, you can do so much stuff with him! I never was a lab heavy guy but Eagle changed that. I still ain’t that much of one (I only go there to see if a setup works and for muscle memory) but the bird allows so much freedom from converting neutral into tricky setup and you are also able to adapt at any given moment. There are times in a match (like the set with @ItzTymeToDul i had earlier, ggs btw, hope you got the video) in where you can just come up with a new setup or frame trap just out of pure natural instinct. And it works! Thrash is far better at this then i am but his eagle to me, is A work of art :grin::+1:

1 Like

Does anyone want a set? I’m free

It’s incredible that some players still play like that. I think they are “Hearth” players? I remember being like that when I was 11 years old. I had no idea of frames,terms or whatever,just reads and very good reactions. Now I need to study and practice any reaction to put up a fight. Still,I don’t play enough…(unless I want to compete)

@Infilament
You said you started with fighters in 2002 ,right? I’m curious on what games you were into before Fighters or which was the reason you felt attracted to analysing the genre the way you did.

A few years before that, I started playing a ton of music games (and I still play them today), so that’s probably the other genre I know a ton about.

Before 2000, I was just your regular kid/teenager who played a lot of SNES/N64 games. I played SF2 as a kid like most people my age and really liked it. I think the reason I got more involved in the genre was because I could make friends playing fighting games. When the DDR machine was in use at the arcade, I would go hang out by the CvS2 and 3rd Strike machines and see people do cool stuff, and I wanted to learn how to do that. I also made a lot of friends at university playing Melee. Some of my 3rd Strike/Melee friends are still my best friends today, 15+ years later.

As for why I wanted to analyze the genre, that just kinda came about when I was watching and playing SF4 almost every day with similarly analytical friends. We just talked about the game a lot in that way. I think KI is a really fun game to look at that way, and basically nobody in the scene is doing it so I just started talking about it for whoever wanted to listen.

5 Likes

@SonicDolphin117 FT5?

#PlayKI today cuz’ some days KI just has to be played.
Back on Live now - Steam is too dead. :frowning:

If IG would add F2P on Steam, maybe people would actually be there… and ranked crossplay…

Hop in! :slight_smile:

2 Likes