The hard question of missing stages

They are missing stages because in KI every character is supposed to have a stage. After all, that is why every stage is themed after its character’s profile and it is not a random place. So if you have 21 character themed stages and 29 characters, there are 8 missing stages. 7 because omen shares stage with shadow jago.

Says the arbitrary rules you made inside your head based on the expectations you got from the game in previous seasons.

Nothing officially confirmed that statement. Ever.

5 Likes

5 Likes

In the first KI, everyone had a stage, some of them had also had 2 stages. Spinal had 3 stages!!!
I’m tired of reading stupid comments. to those who say that this is unnecessary, I would give an edition of KI with only dojo stage!!! be quiet if you are not interested.

2 Likes

well, when the first 20 characters of KI have their own stage after more than two years that the game is out, i normally can expect that every character has his stage in KI. I don’t need confirmation on that.

Spinal had 3 stages? I don’t remember he have 3 stages…

2 Likes

Oh. That from KI1994 stages. But are stages very important? I’d rather choose Ultimates and new characters than stages… :confused:

1 Like

In the first SF everyone had a stage too. Please don’t make up stuff and then yell at anyone who disagrees with you and call them stupid. That’s not appropriate.

Edit: two of those three spinal stages you don’t actually ever play on…

3 Likes

In the original Killer Instinct, there were indeed more stages than characters.

I submit that the original KI had missing characters.

10 Likes

No. Spinal had 1 stage. The others were multiplayer stages only.

And in all honesty the underground skull pillar stage was more a spoof on Goro’s lair from MK than anything. But it also wasn’t tied to a specific character…it was a hidden bonus like the sky stage that was only accessed via secret button combination on the VS screen.

People that disagree with you aren’t automatically stupid. C’mon man, you’re better than that, I know you are.

That’s not how a forum works. Some people don’t think that stages are missing, some people don’t need more stages. I’d like more stages, but that doesn’t mean either of us should try and drown out those with differing opinions on the subject.

To some, with KI’s limited budget, having another character or two is worth more than having another stage. Maybe you don’t see it that way. Both are fine opinions to have. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just wish a dev could give us a fixed amount. It costs X amount of dollars to make a stage. Then we could actually know weather or not a community fund for it of any kind would actually work.

2 Likes

If i remember well @TempusChaoti had told me that five stages cost about the same money as two characters. The thing is that stages are part of the characters like their soundtracks and should not be treated separately.

The problem is that they do not even give us the chance to pay. We are prey to silence and uncertainty. I wonder if other forums of other games have such a willing and helpful community.

It’s ultimately not needed but I would instantly buy stage packs if they’d put them out for sale.
As for classic stages, just put their classic music on them without remixing them and I’d double down.

Every character in KI from KI 1994 until Season 2 had his own stage, so this became pretty much standard.

And people have right to expect from one season to include as much content as previous one for the same price.

Accepting devs and publishers cutting corners will result in KI sequel being quality of maintenance fighter 5.

Gargos stage is already an example of retro stage. No interaction with the combat, it’s just a static background.

You could realize all the skyscraper stages with this method. (Cinder, Spinal, orchid) a platform and a background.

Technically, I do not see any difference between these 2 stage and gargos stage.

1 Like

Yeah, that would “technically” work, but aesthetically it would be so drastic a style change it would look jarringly different, so much so that I’m sure there would be a lot of people griping that they are cheap and lazy compared to the “real” stages. The Ultimates are already getting accused of being cheap & lazy, why would they intentionally take shortcuts on stages in order to end up with the same complaint multiplied 10-fold?

Now it may be more acceptable if they did something like had an overall theme of being an Ultratech training facility and classic stages appeared like a hologram over the background walls (kinda like in training mode, just a little more fleshed out), but to just give a background akin to Gargos’s stage and then do it like 10 times over to make a whole bunch of new stages without any sort of canonical reason for them looking slap-dashed into the game, yeah they would just be asking for a sh*tshow on the forums.

2 Likes