The Game Awards 2016 : Killer Instinct S3 nominated!

I can agree with this but to be honest I would have been ok with any of the nominees winning except SFV. And I still have no clue how GG Revelator wasn’t nominated.

1 Like

shrug IDK

Just pointless because all their doing is boosting a game that’s as boosted as it can get. Though in my opinion SF5’s gameplay and cast doesn’t earn it anything in my opinion.

Wonder how many of the decision makers actually play fighting games, or if they just put down one of the ninety shooters that came out in the last month, said “oh yeah I remember that, they made a new one?” then chose SFV and went back to blastin.

Had this been SF4’s era, I’d have been fine with it, but SFV? Really? The most maligned, scandal-ridden, worst reviewed game in the franchise’s history still tops KOF XIV, Pokken and KI?

So the decision makers are basically saying that while they griped about SFV to no end in their reviews and on their podcasts, that at the end of the day, Capcom can still put the words “Street” and “Fighter” on a toilet and they’d still vote it Best Drinking Fountain.

Between this, Geoff romancing Kojima like a Dragon Age character and whatever that painful razor bit was, I’m not loving the show so far this year. I know I sound salty, but picking off of name recognition and popularity feels antithetical to what an award show should be.

1 Like

Yep :> I don’t think I’ll ever touch a SF game again. Not cause it won but I admittedly didn’t enjoy it that much when I played it. Like Tekken, I’m starting to become bored of the series.

1 Like

Wait… SFV won? Seriously? O_o

EDIT: Nevermind. SFV win, I’m not happy with that. This is so dumb. :confused:

1 Like

SFV won…

Why am I not surprised? :unamused:

Yeah I had to go a long time without Tekken. Had to miss it a bit. :slight_smile:

I’m kinda looking forward to Tekken 7. Not sure yet. Still some holes in the roster from where I’m sitting.

as a PC gamer I haven’t played much else besides SF5 regarding fighting games and even I think it is ridiculous. I think the gameplay and design is nice but the game overall is just not a good product. yeah, I don’t get it either why some other games weren’t nominated. what about Mortal Kombat XL, it was a 2016 release? and I heard so much good stuff aboud GGX Revelators. but whatever, its Game Awards. don’t take it too seriously. in the end it’s just a big advertisement show.

2 Likes

true. Makes me wonder if Capcom may of paid off people?..lol JK

anyway you have a point.

wouldn’t be surprised if they did, Killer Instinct should have won the award, SFV did not deserve to win this. It had a poor launch, lack of content and the series just became so stale and boring especially the story mode.

Killer Instinct however deserved to win because you can tell how much care and hard work was put into this game.

I know it’s more geared towards movie awards, but my guess is video game awards aren’t much different.

1 Like

KOF 14 should have won

i mean it has KING OF DINOSAURS!!!

2 Likes

Ki didnt win? Booohooo. None of this crap affects the games. You guys just complain about a dumb award that means nothing really. Does it make you hate your game? Well it makes you hate the winner. Guys stop relying on this kind of crap that makes you assume it will make ki be recognized.
I dont care if you dont like what i just said but just go back and enjoy ki or whatever and just have fun.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what everyone is doing, they’re not distraught that KI didn’t win but that a game with several problems and issues is picked best in its genre because of its name and legacy and not a lesser known game that had done well.

2 Likes

The problem isn’t that KI lost. The problem is that SFV won.

2 Likes

And yet there will be more awards and your favorite might win or not. Everyone should accept that, hey plenty of my favorites don’t get awards and guess what I still enjoy them cause no award will change that.

You clearly didn’t read his comment if that’s your response.

He just said KI not winning isn’t the problem.

1 Like

And that is a problem cause everyone is just going nuts just bashing the game cause KI or something that isn’t SF lost. Get over it, guys.

Yes it is.

You’re implying like this is just blind hate when Infil earlier said (in clear detail I might add) the actual reason why a lot of us are upset about this.