The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

I would say ask MS or whoever first. Never know unless you ask. :slight_smile:

Maybe Adam Isgreen and Rukari could help here

1 Like

What about Keits?

1 Like

Fair enough, but consider a sort of trial. Ask a few trusted people for a write-up (not official), see which one most resembles your tone, go from there. If its well written enough, I donā€™t imagine youā€™d have to edit much.
All Iā€™m saying is try it.

Itā€™s tough yielding creative control, especially when one is obsessive. Iā€™ve been there. I would suggest crowdfunding first and MS second.

you lied to me

And also dude if you do crowdfunding for the bonus characters and a possible S4, Iā€™d definitely put some towards. I REAAAALLY wanna see your take on Kilgore, heā€™s such an interesting character mechanic-wise.

Fixed it for you just now!

My current plan is not to do the new characters unfortunately. I havenā€™t really considered what my options are for crowdfunding (what total I would even ask for, how I would go about raising the funds, etc), but I will give it some thought in the coming week or two and if I decide to go through with it, I will be sure to let everyone know. I definitely appreciate your willingness to support!

1 Like
1 Like

Okay so for a period of time it wouldnā€™t let any of my new posts touch this thread, but hopefully thatā€™s fixed. I wanna draw attention back to this masterpiece.

For the record, just the other day, I updated my guide to match 3.7 (patch notes, changing Jago/Gargos/etc pages to be accurate to the new changes). So now I think not counting the new characters, my guide is once again fully up to date.

I have some ideas for fun new content for my guide (again, not counting the new characters) that I am slowly working on in the background. Itā€™s possible it will never come to fruition so I wonā€™t mention them until I am 100% sure they will be finished and good. But if I do finish that some time in the coming months, Iā€™ll be sure to let people know.

Iā€™m still not sure if I will do the new characters, though itā€™s kind of leaning towards no at this point as people have no doubt guessed. There has been interest in the past to crowdfund the 3 new character pages, and I think that is probably the only way they would ever get completed; as much as I have had fun doing all the pages for free until now, my energy has just run dry for that. I dunno, Iā€™m still thinking to myself how I would do that, primarily because I suck at ā€œbeggingā€ for money and Iā€™m not even sure how much I would ask for.

6 Likes

May I suggest a timed system similar to the Communty Fund? 2 week period, $4/character or $10 for all 3.

Patreon Iā€™d imagine is your best bet. Iā€™d pledge some money to see it happen.

Not only @Infilament knows how to do a good guide about something as complex as Killer Instinct can be, but also he started a very interesting conversational Blog in his site!

Go visit the first episode here:
http://ki.infil.net/w01-bugs.html

And if you want to discuss about it, come here!

5 Likes

Been a while since I updated something, but I changed the way my character pages look! New nice info box under the move list and color-coded headers make the pages a lot easier to navigate and read.

ki.infil.net/characters.html

10 Likes

This looks very sleek now. Thanks!

Very nice page layout and design

Some of the little quips in the new ā€˜play if/avoid ifā€™ section are cute.

The play if/ avoid ifā€™s are a nice touch!

@Infilament You f***ing madman. :hushed: :+1:

5 Likes

ki.infil.net/kilgore.html
ki.infil.net/shinhisako.html
ki.infil.net/eagle.html

16 Likes