The Bored at Work Thread!

Microsoft Excel is being particularly moody and unpredictable today. Can someone @ Microsoft please remind Excel that it’s non-sentient software, and has no will of its own to impose? Thank you kindly.

1 Like

hang in there marble lol, everybody has their ■■■■■■ days. what starts, will come to an end.

just got back from the current project. the ugly part is now behind us. thank ■■■■■■■ god.

awesome news seraphs, fix that ■■■■■!

1 Like

wow that was awesome to watch! Wis i could have known/ had an xbox one back then. I didnt get an Xone until last xmas… just for KI baby!
Thanks for sharing that!

I bought one in January, for the exact same purpose :smiley:

1 Like

march 2014 here, i just kept looking up KI and reading forums that i just cracked. that day i hopped into the beast and hauled ■■■ to the gamestop before i changed my mind. lol

1 Like

As they say, once an ONI Spook, always an ONI Spook. Cut that feed like the #HuntTheTruth!

PS: OMG(argos)! My circle gate! :smiley: I can execute more consistently now. And the new 14-D pushbuttons have much less accidental input. And my new baton-top allows my larger hands a more comfortable grip… And the actuator enlargement with a 2lb spring… Apparently that sounds dirty to the system but dashing with Wulf’ is something I can feel comfortable doing, over 1.5 years later!

God that have been 2 days of absolute h.e.l.l. at work… a lot of last minute stuff I they threw on my plate because it had to be done before I got my week off :scream: Finally after over 9 months of almost non-stop work a full blown 9 days of RnR :smiley: WHOOOHOOO! Now I just have to wait till my beer gets cold (wow I cant type b e e r ?! :smile:

3 Likes

20 minutes left in the work day, then its time to gtfo! what a crazy week it’s been. got a few things to take care of then i gotta make a plan to hit the race track to raid their supply of methanol. its my equivalent of “guzzoline” (mad max reference). i needs that boost juice!

edit: G T F O is censored lol

1 Like

Ah, the old days of Season 1 character reveals, Torin Rettig, KLobb, Ishmae, Fornace, Campbell… all jammed in that small space, playing, laughing, sharing game stuff, KLobb making Thunder voices, sharing OG KI behind the scenes stuff, Campbell leaking characters, everybody laughing… AND THE INSUFFERABLE CLICK CLACK OF THEIR ARCADE STICKS THAT WAS THE ONLY THING YOU COULD HEAR LOL.

I did not get an XBOX till Spinal’s release. I stayed many months just breathing and feeding from every stream, forum post and youtube video

I miss those streams. IG streams are well done and better structured/produced, but the feeling of those first reveals after 20 years of not seeing the old characters was priceless

3 Likes

2 Likes

I remember we all joked that he was totally fired after that lol everyone in the stream chat was telling him goodbye.

Yea man, I think fondly back to those days often lol don’t forget about question lady too. I’m pretty sure the tight space was her office. we’ve come so far! Here we are 3 years later, still one big happy community family. Things may be different, but in essence it’s all the same!

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. IG’s streams are much better done, but I miss the old cramped room with all the informalness of the way it was handled. It was fun doing all the speculation on the forums after every stream, pouring over every word that the guys said under the click clack of the Fight Sticks and trying to get some meaning out of it. I loved it…

Oh DH… Why did you have to go…

Don’t get me wrong, I love what IG’s done, but sometimes I wish we had DH back

1 Like

IG streams are still alot of fun though. I definitely wouldn’t describe them as formal lol they’re not held with as much frequency or regularity though, that’s true. I still really enjoy them though, let’s not forget kan-ra’s brother lol cameron I think. Aka noah prime wrapped in toilet paper. Or the Aganos stream filled with giant broccoli, and Cinder stream full of flame puns!

I look forward to many more fun streams, be it with IG or MS, fun will undoubtedly be had. Here’s to another great season!

Okay, so I have a funny story to tell.

Thursday afternoon, I came home from work completely worn out and collapsed in my bed. The next thing I knew, I was awoken by my mother who was in a panic - “Get up!” she said. I took 1 look at the clock and saw that it was 8:08 - which was 8 minutes past the time I had to be back at work the next day - the sun was coming up. I called my boss and was in the process of telling her I was going to be late when my mother interrupted me - “It’s EVENING!” My boss on the other end who hadn’t said a single word up to that point simply said, “I understand,” laughed, and hung up on me.

As it turns out, I neglected to see that my alarm clock said 8:08 PM and that the sun was not rising, but setting - it was still Thursday night.

How embarrassing! And my boss knows about it!!!

That’s not all, though. My nightmare turned out to be a nightmare within a nightmare as I quickly learned why my mother sounded so panicked in the 1st place - our kitchen had flooded because the pipes from the water heater were clogged and water was coming up from beneath the floorboards.

What a day… And I still had to get through work the next day…

Has that ever happened to you?

3 Likes

More in the idea of not waking up for a complete day… working for more than 48 hrs nonstop during finals week a complete caffeine, energy drinks, cola and bad food blur. Going to bed on Friday evening @ 9 pm and waking up on Sunday 8 am :open_mouth: yeah that was way beyond freaky.

1 Like

Yeah, back when i was a party animal rock star and ate to many Xanax lol

lol ■■■■■■ xan bars and booze goddamn it seraphs haha

had a great weekend, got in alot of KI seat time and relaxed best i could after all that craziness we went through. this week may be hectic but no playing around with insulation, thank god. if i see another chunk of fiberglass i think im just gonna burn it.

You’re not kidding. I was in the bathroom earlier when EIGHT dudes walked in at the same time. They’re all talking and laughing and peeing and what not.

Seriously? When did THIS become a thing that offices did together? I’m just imagining how that even went down…

(Insert jowly voice) “Well, Thompson, we have the 8am meeting with Paris to talk about the pending branch merger, so let Divisions and Consolidations know they have to have one of their guys up on the 12th floor for that. Tell them… Pierce. Yes, he’d be good. There’s the 10:40 conference call with Osaka… Make sure Smith has those new manufacturing indicators from the nikkei index… I don’t want them back-channeling us again. Oh and let’s make sure we put the office tinkling on the schedule for 12:04 today. If you have to move the marketing briefing with the Houston people back to 1pm then by gum, Thompson, you get it done. I want all of our team loudly laughing and ■■■■■■■ at the exact same time. It… Builds morale, you see. Helps others feel put off, like we’re a pack of sly, business jackals laying claim to what’s ours. You can learn a lot about business from the crapper, Thompson. Write that down.”

3 Likes

Absolutely golden, laughed my ■■■■ off.

1 Like

Office lesson of the day:

Don’t urinate on my leg and tell me it’s a good product.

3 Likes