The Bored at Work Thread!

After a long, wet, and rainy night at work I’m finally home. And I’m not going back to work till Friday. :grin:

1 Like

try working 8 weeks straight with no days off, 12-15 hours per day and the the 2nd half of the 8 weeks was a graveyard shift. And on SALARY so the pay didnt change.

1 Like

lol that sucks. also try working in a building thats haunted as ■■■■ throwing cable through attics after 9pm on 2hrs sleep and you been at it since 730am. your partners had to take the ladder to another section leaving you alone, stuck in the roof, and your battery is dying. ■■■■ is happening down below but yet you keep workin cuz aint nobody got time for that lmao

2 Likes

Good lord, both of you!! That’s some long ■■■ days in some places / at times that don’t sound overly fun at all. Hope things cool down a bit for you guys and the hours aren’t so crazy.

I work a standard 8am to 5pm job and I’m pretty thankful for that. I’m definitely a creature of habit, so changing to graveyard shift or working twelve plus hour days… Man. My hats off to you guys, sincerely. That sounds tough. My days can feel long; can be busy, even chaotic, but they always end at the same time, so yeah… you guys definitely have my respect.

1 Like

I got my diploma.

4 Likes

Well that was 1.5 years ago… but yeah it was Hell. Plus 60 of the lowest, lazy, uneducated ppl you can find as employees. Why? Because we needed 80 ppl in less than 48 hours …so we got the in waves of 10 per hour the next 2 days and Im taking the worst employees ever.

I said fukkkk this… took the whole company I was with and moved back to our old facility…long story.

1 Like

Congratulations!!

Sounds like a fun time. I mean ■■■■, 80 people in two days? How did they think that was going to go? At least that’s in the past now, but man. That sounds hellish, no doubt.

1 Like

They knew it was a bad idea…but when you dont have the $$$ to bring them in weeks in advance to train them… you cant.
The fund raising business goes from 0 to 100 in just a few days. You know its coming, but you may have 5 orders 1 week then 300 the next. then come Oct-Dec you are doing 275,000 units in a week.
( Those were the 8 weeks of HELL)

Ah, gotcha. That’s kinda how my office is (to a lesser extent). I’ll have three or four days where it feels like I have an entire hour’s worth of work, then BAM, I have about three bad days worth of work to do in one day, deadlines all slam together and it’s pure chaos that day, then the next day, then the next, etc. Then it just sort of evaporates and everything’s done and you’re waiting for the next set of deadlines. I guess that’s a lot of different jobs, for sure, but sounds like yours has more variance than most. Can’t imagine going from 5 orders a week to 275K orders a week regardless of what’s being ordered. That sounds INSANE.

yes, its insane. 65% of the yearly profits happen from 10-1 to 12-20. The other 45% is from 3-1 to 7-1. So 4 months of the year its DEAD…nothing to do but take vacations, be bored, KI forums, ect…

ANd all those ppl get laid off during those 2 slow periods. ;(
( I dont get laid off…but the hourly workers do.)

@Iago407 thanks man, that was last year. ive since moved to another job and its a bit more lax but now the problem is i am not used to being able to pace myself. i always have this sense of urgency of “now now now” and i end up working more than i should. person in charge of where im at loves it though, and how i give zero ■■■■■ if the situation is serious. cuz thats how my old job was everyday lol

2 Likes

So my college had an unexpected visitor today :joy::joy:

1 Like

@HWSlenderCashew ?

1 Like

Man, the forums are dead tonight. I’m working the midnight to 8 shift again, and I was hoping to have a handful of topics to check out to help the time pass by and keep me awake, but nothin’. Anyone got anything going on out there?

2 Likes

nothing new to report, im at home relaxing and trying to not crawl off the walls from not working. lol

1 Like

Um… told you so. :stuck_out_tongue:

I know you’ve heard this before, but it is never bad to hear it again, when 80% of the forum boards tell you something is dangerous and you shouldn’t do it, then maybe, just maybe… listen. :smiley:

I am incredibly happy though it wasn’t more serious than it is. Just be very careful to do exactly what your doctor says.

2 Likes

Resting after a hard day at work (mailruns in the morning and warehouse in the afternoon). With the forum dead, it’s likely because of EVO weekend

1 Like

This thread has been quiet for a while :frowning:

1 Like

Everyone is enjoying the weekend so far.

1 Like

I’m on my lunch break at my job at the moment. But today is my Friday so I’ll be happy to get a couple of days off.

This week has been rainy and stormy all week which leads to lots of hours of overtime. But when the rain ends it leads to shots like this.

4 Likes