The Bored at Work Thread!

Well I didnt make the meme … flag it. Im not making fun of the kid in the pic…IM making fun of Kev for not listening to us when we said dont have Roman candle war… you’ll shoot your eye out!

2 Likes

No man but it’s just gross. I don’t want to flag you but I don’t think graphic pictures of burn victims are okay to post just because someone else memed it…

Ok man, I will delete it :wink: Sometimes you have to be brutally honest to get peoples attention that fireworks are dangerous. I guess Im just really desensitized when it comes to things like that.

5 Likes

did @KevBones10 body his opponent though? i wanna know if that hospital trip was worth it man lmao

3 Likes

Doesnt seem like it. LOL…I called it too…I told him in the other thread it would burn his hand or burn through his jacket. SMH

2 Likes

Ouch…

I have bad news for me… Doctor told me that I cant swim for few months.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3 Likes

My goodness, it’s just like the Arbiters brand.

In all seriousness I hope you heal soon.

3 Likes

at least you’re ok @KevBones10 but next time, when someone warns you best take heed. @FallofSeraphs76 has wisdom beyond his years, as do i but thats cuz we went through the school of hard knocks. young, dumb, full of ■■■

4 Likes

Is it wrong that I’m a little bit glad it hurts? I have a feeling that if it was minor you wouldn’t learn…

In my day job, I spend a lot of time thinking about risk assessment. I’m completely amazed that you could look at the idea of taking an explosive that fires flaming projectiles and think “if we shoot these at each other it will probably be fine.” Even more amazingly this poor judgment ocurred without the influence of alcohol.

8 Likes

If I wasn’t sure that you were a parent before, I am now :laughing:
I hope the experience has taught you something Kev, you should always take risks, but never ones big enough to prevent you from taking more risks in the future.

1 Like

Your kids aren’t in/close to their teens yet, are they? In my house it seems like poor judgement is starting to become what Raul Julia’s M.Bison would call a Tuesday.

Albeit they haven’t burned themselves as badly as Kev has yet, but in some cases fire has been involved.

3 Likes

It’s fascinating, because my son - who is 9 and otherwise full of the kind of “why don’t I smash my head into this, just because” kind of boy spirit that is pretty universal, has already developed a pretty good sense of “that whole mess seems like a disaster waiting to happen. Why don’t I just avoid it.” My daughter, who is almost 6, is very calm and makes very rational decisions all the time, but you are much more likely to walk into a room and find her tangled up in something insane that ruins the carpet…

In any event, both of them know not to play with explosives.

2 Likes

Well I just got my AP Human Geography scores back. I was expecting something bad but I somehow got a 5. I should probably play around with some explosives to celebrate…:bomb: I probably shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Mine too…but Im assuming that comes from you and I being very analytical in every move we make and every move we see them make. They know we are watching…:wink:
Ally did throw a flaming sparkler at me the other night thinking it was out and it damn near landed on my shoe tongue/sock.

1 Like

one of the perks of being raised in a latino family is when you get hurt, theres no coddling lol. i got bit by neighbors dog and went to my parents. first they looked at it, then they called me a dumbass, and i got smacked upside the head being told to not go near that dog again.

i then learned how to use band aids and ointment for cuts on my own. i never went near that dog again, not cuz he bit me, but cuz i didnt wanna get hit again lol

2 Likes

In fact, if I recalled correctly I found out (and at the same time was told) that Hispanic/Latino families and overall households are happened to be REALLY strict, am I correct?

really depends, mine wasnt very strict. my friends though goddamn their dads are old school, meaning all they know in life is working hard and getting ■■■■ done. they came from mexico with literally just the shirts on their backs and a strong work ethic with alot of discipline, so it is expected for the son/daughter to be the same.

even though mine wasnt strict, it was still rammed into my thick skull that my purpose in life is to get a job(s) and earn my keep or get fucked. latino families are mostly socially conservative as a result

1 Like

well looks like im gonna watch castlevania again, just finished work on the car and im tired as ■■■■

Man… working Saturdays 2 weeks in a row has not been kind to me (despite what my wallet will tell you)

Bit of an update since it’s been a while. Gonna hopefully spring for a new computer sometime soon. Wanna drop at least $1000 so I know it’ll be built to last. Having something for gaming and my graphic design stuff will be super nice.
After that I’m gonna do stuff for my lady friends 21st B-Day, get myself a replacement guitar amp, and hopefully get ready for the upcoming semester

I’ve been saving money as well. Trying to get me the best laptop on the planet right now, and save for a desktop later.

Almost there :slight_smile:

3 Likes