The Bored at Work Thread!

Except for me…I’ve been working as usual. I just haven’t had much to add to this thread.

…I’m getting a Super Scope some time this next week…I got a few games to go with it…

It’s been storming a bit, but not too bad…just enough to make me wish I brought some rain gear so my paperwork wouldn’t get wet. :confused:

That looks beautiful! Nice shots.

2 Likes

I havent been “bored at work” so not much time to get in here…but the overall Forum in its entirety has been kind of dead lately.

1 Like

Well. Not going in to work today. Getting rained kinda puts a damper on landscaping, so the boss called everyone up and told us to stay home.

Which means I get a chance to update y’all for the first time in forever.

We’ve been getting monsoon rains for the last few weeks. It’s been rather nice. Keeps the temperature down, though it makes everything muggy and humid when the sun does come out.

Of course this means we’ve been getting rained out of work a lot due flooding and less than safe driving conditions…

On the bright side, the sky has been very pretty to look at!

On a related note, I’ve been saving up to get myself a new computer. But Iran into a bit of a snag. My phone died. So I had to run down to the AT&T store and get a new one. Luckily my phone was old enough that I could afford a pretty substantial upgrade on we paid it off. Got myself a Samsung S8+. And I’m already back to being able to where I was savings wise.

I’m more celebratory news, my girlfriend turned 21 this weekend! We went out to a high end Japanese restaurant with her family for una don and sake. Going downtown to visit the local meadery this weekend, maybe visit some of the other bars since there isn’t much else to do. (Here in Prescott, Arizona we have exactly 2 attractions: the rodeo and Whiskey Row. If you don’t like cowboys or drinking there’s literally nothing to do here :joy: )

3 Likes

not much to report atm, i am back on the job and trying to not fall asleep lol. i got lots done on the car, its nearly ready to sit back on the ground for good and im aiming to begin road testing in a month. i also decided to get something nice for a friend that i spotted on instagram, so theres something else to look forward to.

i also caught up on game of thrones since that pervy old ■■■■■■■ martin is never gonna finish his fuckkinng book and i got tired of waiting.

for gaming, i fuckked up and got albion online. im rolling with my FPS gaming crew and we will be ganking poor idiots and stealing all their stuff to put up for sale on the auctions or use it for more murdering and ganking

1 Like

So I got switched to Turn-In to learn more about the warehouse. I think it’ll take me a while to familiarize myself with it because that section is the hardest to work in

i met new person in charge where i am currently assigned. really sucks, cuz the last person in charge adored me for my efforts and she would even throw me lunch when things would get insane and i would handle any and all situations with calm demeanor and being effective. she would ask me what drives me, i told her “my thirst for adrenaline”. she thought i was kiddin around. i wasnt. cant hit the track if im unemployed!

3 Likes

Went through another grueling ruck march today, and when it was over, my right knee felt like it was going to give out. Not only that, I had to range to deal today too, though I don’t know why considering I had long since qualified since February. Oh well, I’ll try to give my poor knee a rest.

So Doomfist comes out today, except Im not at home :joy:

1 Like

@AquariusDragon0 one of my friends recently trained in a chopper shooting at targets doing various manuevers. he said it was pretty fun. i hope you feel better soon!

who the hell is this doomfist ppl keep talkin about? hes just some dude with a giant right arm but the OW ppl are going batsh!!t

Check out this new CINDER shirt!!!

5 Likes

So I went to the doctor today. Turns out I have overused my right knee and torn a muscle from it, so I’ll have to take it easy. Went through another mailrun today and more

I have a new schedule that requires me to wake up at 6:00 am.

But it benefits me and my writing so F*** it.

1 Like

There’s a 6 AM ?? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yup, the only people who are awake at that time are mental or they haven’t gone to bed yet :joy::joy:

3 Likes

i have to get up at 645am everyday…sucks lol

3 Likes

Could be worse. I have to be at work and clocked in by that time. Getting up at 5 to feed my dogs and get ready for work as someone who’s always hated waking up has me looming like this every morning.

1 Like

If you want to talk about screwball times to get up just this week I have 3 afternoon shifts (two 3-11, one 4-12) , one morning shift (8-4), and one graveyard (12-8).

For me, day and night are abstract constructs that have no real meaning.

Lol.

2 Likes

That sounds like something someone in the Blade movies might say if it were a little more “woke”

I want it printed on t-shirts immediately

1 Like

thats a new definition of woke. lol

currently busting ■■■ helping a good friend with his job site. we’ll be catching my area up after lunch. thats a great thing to have, when you help your co-workers and they repay you. its not always with help, sometimes you get to eat a free meal lol

1 Like