The Bored at Work Thread!

Found my dog lying on the sofa like this today :joy::joy:

9 Likes

Related:
This is my Rottweiler, Howard. Today is his 5th Anniversary of when we rescued him from the pound a day before they’d have euthanized him.

He’s a good boy. Happy Birthday, Howard.

8 Likes

i miss having a dog lol

Me too… its a lot of work once you have been without one for a while and have fallen out of that routine. I used to spend most of my free time with those dogs. Crazy when you look back on it.

■■■■ man i didnt wanna get up today, it was like i woke up from a coma and i had been out for years. been a busy, exhausting, and crazy week lol. i dont work tomorrow so today after im out i am gonna pass the ■■■■ out again

2 Likes

I didnt either and then I get to work and my lead guy is 45 mins late. So I have to stop what I planned on doing and run out 30 pallets of cookie dough for the girls.
He over slept… SMDH… Ive NEVER overslept and missed work. Maybe once but I still made it to work by 8:05. And that was like 12 years ago.

I’ve only ever been horribly late 1 time that I remember, and that’s when I was working at McD’s in college. I was late an hour because the clock in my apartment had died (this was still while modern cell phones were in their infancy so no global clock in my pocket). Funny thing is when I got to work, no one seemed to notice. I think since I was always on time they figured I knew what I was doing.

Anyway, I’m also in the boat of didn’t want to get up today. My boss is on vacation this week so my schedule is wonky, like I mentioned in my last post, and I’m doing her 8-4 shift today. I know it doesn’t sound like much, bit when you’re used to doing anything but day shift, staying awake and alert is rough, plus I’m not used to who comes and goes so right now I’m freaking out that I don’t let anyone in that isn’t supposed to be here.

Also when I came in today there was a memo telling everyone that works at the back guard house to not to spend any time at the front guard house during their shift. I know I’m not the only one, but I’m pretty sure It’s mostly directed at me, because on weekends I tend to spend…probably more time than I should up there, but I have a good reason. Partly I’m getting caught up on any goings-on that has happened on other guard’s shifts so I know what to look out for on mine, but also the other guard that works with me on weekends is 81 and has had bypass surgery, etc, and while It’s not the right thing to do to spend time keeping an eye on him job-wise, I feel like doing so is right morally. I would HATE to find out that he had had heart failure or something and died while I was in the back keeping an eye on an empty parking lot when I could have been at the front house calling for medical attention when the crap hit the fan.
*shrug * Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

2 Likes

Bad News: I’m not gonna make as much next paycheck

Good News: Reason being I’m going down to Phoenix tonight to go see my dad for the first time in forever so I took tomorrow off.
We’ll also be heading to Fry’s Electronics to build myself a sweet new computers (for those curious about what I’m on about, the best way to describe it is “FE is to Best Buy what Wal-Mart is to Circle K”. Its a warehouse store with just about any PC part you could want.)

3 Likes

Sweet! If you want to hang out and play KI while you’re down here, let me know.

Also, are you coming to Southwest Shockwave?

1 Like

Hell yeah, it’ll be cool as ■■■■ to meet a forum buddy! Though since I’ve been playing basically nothing but Dark Souls these last few weeks I’ll probably be rustier than a shovel that’s been left outside too long :joy:

I’ll have to check the dates, because it’d be hella cool to try my luck at a tourney!

lol ive overslept for work about 45min late cuz i forgot to turn alarm on. i was like omfg! so i called my boss ASAP and he understood, i got my clothes on and hit the road

2 Likes

Finally got a four-day; definitely deserve it. Had to ice my knee since it wanted to act a fool today

2 Likes

its monday, and im still tired lol, fuuuuck

2 Likes

Time to find another job, any time you dread going in is a signal to go.

2 Likes

i appreciate the advice, but i love my job. i just hate waking up in the ■■■■■■ morning lol but i choose to punish myself, so i can get out early and have my whole evening to do as i please

Lol I wasn’t referring to you, I was speaking for myself. I feel like I’m on the wheel again.

Oooohhhhhhhhhh

thats what it looked like lol

Using 3rd person POV for myself. :wink: Something I was told by a good mentor. So much truth to it.

Still enjoying my last day of the four-day :stuck_out_tongue:

Good News: Got myself a beefy $900 PC with some pretty cool bells and whistles for the price. Should be able to run most games really well! :blush:

Bad news: my current monitor is actually an 11 year old TV. I’ll fix that after I get my Bloodborne box (PS4)

2 Likes