The Bored at Work Thread!

Yeah I need to find another job when meetings are going over into 2 hours of no paid overtime. At the end of my shift no less. Fml.

Looking at some new opportunities I think I want to try programming and coding.

Thats illegal. You cant be in a work meeting on the work site and not be on the clock.
DONT clock out next time.

You can if you get paid by salary and not hourly.

Correctā€¦but he said ā€œAt the end of his shiftā€. End of his shift to me means he is on the clock. And anyone on salary should no better than to complain they arent getting paid becasue they worked a little over there normal time.

Ive been the Operations Director of a mega Cookie dough production and shipping plant for the last 18 years. So I know what you can and can not do to employees that are on the clock.
You can not hold employees off the clock and continue to work regardless if its just a meeting or not.

I have owned my own business for over 20 years,I know what can and cannot be done also.Not all states have the same laws when it applies to salary and hourly wages.Some places,you can be on salary and work o.t and be compensated for it.

Well lets assume he is on the clockā€¦ You can not hold them over for 2 hours and not pay them. Doesnā€™t matter what state you are in. If you are having a meeting about the businessā€¦all employees are to remain clocked in. If you have a safety lunch, and buy employees food but still discuss safety and the busnessā€¦they remain on the clock.
If you own a small business you might could get away with itā€¦ but a 22 million dollar a year company where I workā€¦ that doesnā€™t fly.

And if an employee is at 40 hours and isnt allowed to get overtime, but says " dont worry , I will stay off the clock" NEVER allow that! They can come back and say you demanded them to work off the clock and it can bite you in the ā– ā– ā– .
I had a work release employee try that and I was like hell no you cant stay off the clock. No sir. I appreciate the effort but I cant do that.

And sure enough he tried to come back one day when he got fired and say that I ā€œasked him to stayā€.

I wonā€™t assume anything.If he is hourly and worked o.t while off the clock,itā€™s his own fault as it would be anyoneā€™s elseā€™s.

1 Like

Agreed! lol

my cousin used to work at dominos. the manager would make them clock out and keep them over 3hrs O.T. he didnt know the law until after he walked out after the 10th fuckingg time he did that.

you cant put up with ā– ā– ā– ā–  like that. if it was me, i woulda said ā€œFUCKK YOU. PAY ME.ā€ you have to be a mercenary, no cash??? no ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  work, simple as that

2 Likes

Never said it wasnā€™t my fault. Nor am I blaming anyone. Other than the realization that there are better jobs out there. It happens more often than people realize no one makes a noise unless you want to be down at the unemployment office.

1 Like

assholesss are everywhere dude, and theyre also in charge fuckking ppl out of their earnings. its just way of the world, but we are also free to seek oppurtunities elsewhere as you say

2 Likes

Absolutely agree, I want to break away from the wheel and do my own thing. Tired of making them richer hahaha.

1 Like

yeah, get yourself rich, then you get to be the motherfuckerr lol

2 Likes

So. Got myself an internship set up through the college that could lead to $15 an hour starting pay, full time w/ full benefits. Will be working for a local magazine company that makes hunting magazines.

Good to know Iā€™m finally moving up in the world. I may be young but Iā€™ve already decided I donā€™t wanna work manual labor the rest of my life.

2 Likes

Iā€™mā€¦ deadā€¦ insideā€¦

1 Like

Just found out that college induction day is August 28th and I fully go back on September 4th

im so exhausted, this week has been madness with the work load and i still got more to go. i got back home, blasted my AC, blacked out my room and passed the fuckk out for a good 3hrs with some type o negative. woke up in a stupor and disoriented, played some tekken 7. im beating ppl up pretty good now with king and eliza

3 Likes

I canā€™t wait to get Tekken 7ā€¦but prioritiesā€¦it might be cheaper about time I can actually buy. Lol.

As for me redressing my resume and starting the search.

Well, college starts back up on the 21st. Got my internship lined up, got all the trinkets and bobbled I wanted to earn this summer (gaming PC, PS4/Bloodborne/Crash, new guitar amp), and Iā€™ve had some good times.
While Iā€™ll probably say goodbye to a more steady income thanks to classes and the internshio but hey, Iā€™m happy to have stuff

1 Like

i fuckked up royally by not having breakfast this morning. when 10am rolled around i was already zombified and still managed to get shitt done even if it was a total slog. after havin lunch im tip top and about to finish the day

3 Likes