Tekken 7

All.

1 Like

All the help youā€™ll need comes from this guy:

GIT GUD, SCRUB
(waited a long time to tell SD117 this)

1 Like

That just seems petty.

You donā€™t want to bait me. If I wish it, I could overshadow you in a week :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a private joke.

Ah, fair enough.

You could overshadow me right now, considering Iā€™ve started 2 new bands recently, in pre-production for a feature, still have a day job, wife and 2 dogs. My gaming time isā€¦ limited.
Regardless, mashing combos does work if you do it in the right order although some moves are more sensitive than others. The combos are not really links as youā€™d expect in a normal 2d game.
You definitely need to hit the right buttons at the same time, thereā€™s not a lot of tolerance for doing b+2 and hitting back before you hit 2 - the inputs really need to be simultaneous. Overall itā€™s a very responsive game, which is why it must be strict on the inputs.
Try to pick a character with easy inputs, have a look here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/preview
https://www.dropbox.com/s/clilt3cbzo59dlb/Understanding%20and%20building%20fundamentals%20in%20Tekken.docx?dl=0

Iā€™m using Master Raven. Seems like the guide says sheā€™s Medium difficulty.

Welp, I earned all the achievements. Itā€™s pretty easy like the last Tekken (not TTT2).

Why does it feel like everything that hits me is a mixup? I try to block/backdash and just get pummeled to death.

You just have to learn the strings. If you feel scared, just block. Donā€™t try to move if youā€™re not at that level, yet. I recommend watching Arisā€™ videos on movement on the Avoiding The Puddle Youtube channel. He has a playlist dedicated to Tekken tutorials for T7. Also, watch him play regular matches, too. You could learn a lot from just watching how someone reacts in certain situations.

Blocking is not as reliable in Tekken (and many 3D fighters) because it is often hard to differentiate the high/mid hits and because some of the moves come out with a timing that is not the same as 2D. Itā€™s harder to turtle than even KI. You will get used to it - just give it a chance.

1 Like

Yeah. From what I noticed itā€™s not enough to learn all of your good strings to be good but also know and recognize the moves and strings of the whole cast as well. Memorizing where you can backlash in a pressure string, duck a high and counter or sidestep and punish. Especially the characters with unique fight styles that has moves that donā€™t look like a high or a low but totally is

The camera in tekken is so close that characters donā€™t fit most of the time. It is good when something is wrong to change it, not making it a tradition.

Sounds like a personal problem. I can see just fine.

1 Like

Yo, anybody got this on PS4?

It is the year 2017

It is no longer ok to ship a fighting game without in-game frame data.

Go to rbnorway.org for Tekken 7 frame data. Has it for every character.

Some of it is rubbish. I play BEARS and most of the frame data is wrong. Also is missing several moves and has moves that donā€™t exist any more.