Super Smash Bros Ultimate

So were there any good new announcements? Can’t seem to find anything really.

Piranha Plant is Amazing!

1 Like

Probably the best new added character to the roster.
And it’s DLC. Typical. :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like the leak was fake, though some of those characters could still be DLC.

Liking how new adventure mode looks too. Glad they went with something that seems breezier and more replayable, 'cause TBH I don’t get why people wanted the slog that was Subspace Emissary back after it flopped in Brawl.

https://twitter.com/thepowerplumber/status/1058014515391090689

Everyone but Capcom can get Ken’s face right. :stuck_out_tongue:

I swear. If I hear another person complain about another face in a fighting game, i’m Gonna go psycho.

I couldn’t STOP laughing when the Piranha plant trailer went up.

Smash Bros has finally discovered their Dan Hibiki

LET’S GO KEN, GUILE, AND AKIRA!

The Fatal Frame character is cool too.

I like the story mode. I’ve been wanting a top down RPG adventure mode in a fighting game.

Honestly, seeing the assist Trophies always hurt more than anything. Because it’s concrete confirmation that a character won’t be on the roster, even as DLC. Just not showing up? That’s fine. There’s still hope. Confirmed as an assist. That kills all hope.

1 Like

Getting too attached to hopes for a specific character announcement is never a good idea. Keeping in mind that there’s no end to the bottom of the barrel, I’m pretty satisfied with the roster as it is now.

Really all that’s really left to announce for the game is the mini-games and maybe Stage Builder, though with so many stages in the game now I’m not sure if I’ll miss the latter.

Dante’s and Chun-Li’s faces in Marvel VS Capcom Infinite… das bad.

@Blacklash93 @CausingThought6

What characters where you guys hoping for?

Aside from the ones that everybody wanted (Geno, Banjo, Isaac) i really wanted Heihachi Mishima from Tekken.

Not sure about Heihachi’s chances, but I do know that geno still has a shot as DLC.

I wonder how soon after release it will take for a full walk-through of World of Light to be posted.

I saw someone on Facebook randomly comment that the DLC would be Geno, Banjo, Conker, Crash, and Nightmare. I’m sure that they actually have no idea, but honestly that would be a very satisfactory DLC roster for me that makes a lot of sense. You get a second rep for Namco and Square, Two classic “N64” characters that a lot of people have nostalgia for, and a very popular mascot platform character that is big in both japan and the states. Plus, the fact that they’re all third party characters makes sense, as it’s probably easier to divide up the revenue for that then it is for the base game. Again, probably not real. But if it were, I would LOVE it.

Plus, how great would it be if we got a second season after this one. At that point the roster would be getting ridiculously huge and hard to balance, but you can’t deny that it would still sell very well.