Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Because I don’t abandon ship just because there’s a few things about it I don’t like. Instead I inform myself so I know what I am getting myself into before spending money on it. And though these things disappoint me, it’s not enough for me to dislike Cody as a character or SFV as a game.

You do realize you’re saying this about a series that was founded on copy/pasting Ryu, right?
:joy:

1 Like

Hence why I don’t like any of those characters.

1 Like

And turns out those are also the animations for his Final Fight combos. A nice touch actually - not Cody’s fault Capcom’s apparently been stealing his old animations ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I was going to comment this but I didn’t know if it was true.

I don’t know that these are even re-used animations. If you actually study the pictures instead of just taking them at face value there are subtle differences. It could be they captured the move at different times but especially the top one and the bottom one, it just doesn’t seem like they are really the same move.

Frankly, there’s only so many ways to animate an uppercut. Fight Night is a great boxing game that uses the same animations for all the characters. And if new animations is your standard then you certainly can’t play any of the Capcom Vs games prior to MvC3, and you have the choice of playing Tekken 1 or Soul Edge, But all those games reuse the heck out of animations, including whole combos.

3 Likes

I’ve had a discussion with people who went into comparing these animations, and in most cases they are not the same, however, these key-poses are indeed very similar to one another.

Just wondering, who does everyone play? I started with Ryu, moved to Nash, then to Birdie, and now I play Abigail.

1 Like

Ive always played Ken. I fool around with Akuma but thats about it. I play everyone at east once or twice with teh Story missions and challenges. I kind of like Sakura too.

I always will have a soft spot for Ryu, but my faves are Blanka and Ed.

Wow… thats quite the Resumè you got there… :wink:

I started with Mika then supplemented with Cammy… then I eventually mained Cammy and had Mika as my back up…

Then I dropped them both for Ed… which was definitely fun but I had to stop playing him because he’s a bad influence.

And now I’m back to Mika plus Ryu as my mains…with Laura as my pocket surprise.

Edit: BTW new Devil May Cry Costumes in bound… I’m sure everyone will like atleast one of them.

Edit 2: Forgot about Blanka… I sort of play him too… only because neglecting to understand this character is going to completely embarrass you if he beats you… definitely a troll Character. But fun as hell though.

Have you guys seen these new costume additions to the Cody patch? LOL
Air Man!!!

That Cammy costume… I hate that they put it behind an RNG. Those a-holes…

Why can’t they release a 50 dollar pass to just buy all of the costumes

1 Like

Because in the long run they get more money by Nickle & Diming you…
Obviously you already know this so really I’m just being redundant right now…

I now right… the cost of all real money costumes and stages is ridiculous! Like 200$ so far and climbing.

1 Like

So are the new costumes going to locked behind that whole “spend fight money to unlock this limited-time challenge, then break yourself to beat said challenge for the costumes” thing? Cause at that point I would rather they just give us the option to buy with real money, because that Air Man costume is just amazing (and I don’t even use Rashid).

I’ve mained Ryu for as long as I can remember, but in SFV I also tried out Abigail as he reminds me of Aganos but with command grabs (Aganos peacemaker throw doesn’t count, I mean having command grabs at all times).

I hate RNG system and won’t spent a cent on it.
I prefer to stop playing if they would give me no other choice in the future.

When I heard SFV would have “fight money” I thought back to games like Tekken 6 or Soul Calibur 3 where you use in game currency to purchase clothing/costumes…

How wrong was I eh?

It wouldn’t be too bad if you could farm fight money by simply playing, but then that would defeat the whole purpose of their “strategy” I guess.

1 Like

Okay now maybe this sounds dumb but I feel like mastering Street Fighter V hinges almost entirely on your ability to Anti-Air… and I mean real DP Anti-Air… not that weak ■■■ Crouching Hard Punch nonsense…

LoL… I also feel like on some level, Anti-Normals only exist to punish you for trying to use them… especially if your character has an actual proper Anti-Air Special…