Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Cody looks absolutely amazing, and he gets 5 FREAKING COSTUMES!!! And they are ALL AWESOME!!!

His gameplay looks amazing. They have changed up a few things, but I think it is quite alright. And ■■■■ does he look fine in-game!

… That live-actor though… #NOTMYCODY!

Edit:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/05/27/cody-metro-citys-new-mayor-punches-his-way-in-to-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-on-june-26

5 Likes

He looks pretty good! Looking forward to testing him out when he releases.

The live actor was a pretty terrible choice and then they did a pretty terrible job with it… I mean, I guess I give them credit for trying to bring the hype.

As far as his gameplay, I really like the character redesign although I’m not sure his gameplay is for me (and I mostly enjoyed playing Cody in SFIV). But I give them credit for changing it. I always say I want to see different things so credit where it is due.

1 Like

That live actor happens to be Kenny Omega.

Does that mean something?

1 Like

Ehhhhhhh…

6/10 Maybe a 5 at worst.

He looks boring and his personality was always pretty bland. His costumes are not that good either… But he looks ok to play.

I don’t think Capcom does a whole lot right with regards to SFV, but I think they did right here from what I saw. I thought it was a great trailer for the most part.

-opinion may be colored by general hype of the venue while it was being shown

2 Likes

I didn’t know who it was either, but from what I understand, he is a pro wrestler who is also a Cody main in past SF games. I think it’s pretty cool that he got to play his main in this little live bit. Good for him.

-FANBOY RAGE INTENSIFIES!!!-

Nah, it’s cool, just more Cody for me. :heart:

I used to feel the same about riptor XD

But that fell off recently

lol

1 Like

I fully acknowledge that I am a blind fanboy when it comes to certain characters. XD
Which means that when people say bad things about them, I just have to recognize that I feel different because I am biased, so when entering a discussion about it I need to make it clear that what I say is just my opinion, coloured as it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Because getting angry at people because they don’t like something you like is just silly.
Though sometimes it’s easy to forget that, and instead go “NO, YOU’RE STUPID!!!” instead. XD

When it comes to Cody, I am indeed biased, because he and Cammy are my two favourite SF characters. And though the initial hype from the reveal trailer is slowly calming down now, I just need time to get down from that cloud so I can take a step back and look at it with more neutral eyes. Some people already stated that his animations are kinda stiff like with the other S3 characters, but right now I can’t see it because of my fanboy excitement, so I can’t really comment on it yet.

However, as for whether or not people like his gameplay, looks and personality, that’s subjective and differs from person to person, so all I can say to that is that I personally like it, and that’s it’s alright if you don’t. :heart:

It’s cool bro.

And that’s a very nice and mature way to handle things.

Which is a rare act on the net these days imo.

1 Like

Kenny Omega is one of the top professional wrestlers in Japan today and is endeared by many US wrestling fans who watched him grow from the indie wrestling scene in the US to the top of the scene in Japan.

And he is an avid SF fan who uses Alex a lot.

1 Like

Yeah, so I learned.
I personally don’t care about wrestling and such, but people were sure to tell me who he was, over and over and over again. XD

I hope Cody’s Critical Art is named “Political Upper.”

It’s called Criminal Punisher.

Kenny Omega playing Cody was the best part of the trailer. Not because of his Oscar-winning performance, but just because it’s a very nice nod to a celebrity (especially in Japan) who plays and talks about Street Fighter a lot (even during wrestling matches on TV!), getting to play his favorite character on screen. He’s had “SFV Cody main” as a sarcastic joke on his Twitter bio for 2 years now.

It’d basically be like if they got Hulk Hogan to play Alex in a reveal trailer. You might miss the reference but it’s still really cool.

7 Likes

That face you make when everyone around you freaks out about a character but you know you have more interesting characters in your own game. @TheKeits :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iDajiYq52c

I didn’t even notice Keits until about halfway through that, but i guess he is ‘meh’ on Cody.

Personally, he’s not my type of character that would interest me in picking up Street Fighter V. But i think he does look cool aside from his take on the Mike Haggar outfit. That was awful.

OMG they are all acting like a bunch of 10 year old girls at a Jonas brothers concert. LOL