Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I just hope his classic costumes are good, I honestly don’t like his new design as it makes him look too different for it’s own good. I’m also wondering how drastically they’ll change his gameplay considering he no longer has his handcuffs (which he kept on to limit his power in older games IIRC).

I’m… curious to see where they are taking this. I do hope he will have an alt with his messy hair, hopefully alike his white shirt and jeans alt he had in SSF4, with all the tattoos and such. It’s my favourite look for him. :heart:

But I’d like to see why they have decided to change him like this. I personally couldn’t imagine Cody all of a sudden becoming a mayor or politician like that…

Because Cody as a convict was so compelling and believable? :thinking:

4 Likes

Falke is alright. I think my favorite part about her is that’s he has Billy’s forward LK as a special lol
IjCG1

1 Like

The story was believable, yeah. Metro City was corrupt, police force included, and Cody liked to walk around and punch people. Putting him behind bars sounds more believable than him suddenly getting the mayor post after he’s been all “I don’t really care about anything anymore” for a few games.

I know Capcom doesn’t really give a rat’s behind about lore, but I’m still curious to see why there is this sudden shift in character for Cody.

Cody going to prison was really, really stupid, as were both his general disposition and rationale for staying there.

Also: those were the ■■■■■■■■■ handcuffs in existence. My dude is out here throwing legit uppercuts because his cuffs have like 27 links. :joy:

5 Likes

I have to agree with this. I have been making the same disgusted/puzzled face every time I look at Cody’s “Hamburglar” style prison jumpsuit since he first appeared that way in the Alpha series. I liked his gameplay but hate his design. Not a huge fan of mayor Cody either but it’s loads better than his prisoner schtick.

1 Like

Can’t please them all. I personally liked it, instead of just having another hero walking around beating up bad guys, it gave a twist to his character and showed that the good guys don’t always win and get the girl in the end.

2 Likes

I mean ‘jeans and white shirt’ wouldn’t exactly stand out in a game like Street fighter

I think it stands out just fine. Not a lot of jeans and white shorts in the game and Cody’s alternate in SFIV was by far the more popular choice.

But we can happily disagree about that. Even so, not liking his original outfit is not an argument in favor of his prison garb.

Pretty sure we’ll have both, the jumpsuit being his Story outfit and the jeans/shirt combo for his Battle outfit. I’m just interested to see how he became mayor in canon.

my guess is that will be the basis for his individual story mode. We may even get a Haggar cameo.

Most if not all characters do that if you just tap forward, they just kinda scoot along. It’s called something, but can’t remember what. It just looks very prominent with Falke, because she overall feels incredibly stiff in all her animations.

It’s just a joke.

Maybe so, but there’s definitely some truth to it, is what I’m saying. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

shrugs

Cody’s trailer scheduled to be shown this Sunday, May 27th.
Random fact: That is on my birthday.

Considering Cody is my favourite male character of the entire SF franchise, a Cody trailer would be an amazing birthday present! :heart:

3 Likes

So Cody does indeed become the mayor of Metro City, huh…

So he becomes a politician…

I’m not sure how I feel about that. Hopefully we will get some explanation as to why this happens in his story.

1 Like