Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Ryu S3:

2 Likes

So basically you want to be able to back up your statements whenever people ask why you donā€™t like SFV. I can relate to that, I used to do that with a lot of games I tried to like but ultimately hated, just so the supporters of those things can understand why I didnā€™t feel the same way they do. For sanityā€™s sake however I put a stop to that, giving games I hated that many chances almost ruined my enjoyment of games for good.

On the subject of CausingThought6ā€™s post on guest characters, I could see Terry Bogard or Rugal from KoF doing pretty well. Though personally I would want to see them bring back characters from their older games first. I remember seeing how Capcom did official re-imaginings of the characters from various games (even characters from the SF Movie game were redone in their style), and they had really interesting designs and ideas based on those pictures alone. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing the Bison soldiers being a TMNT-Style tag team character, especially with how Capcom made them all unique (one guy become a dual-wielding knife assassin, another became a heavily-armored pyro unit, etc).

Yes, something like that.

I justā€¦ Canā€™t trust this game. When I lose in KI, I always have an explanation in my head for that:

• I should not be greedy with that counter breaker I whiffed

• I lost because I played too aggressive, I beat characters like these before so Iā€™m sure

• Enemy counter broke me in middle of his shadow move, but I had so much HP his combo would not kill me, so my attempt was unnecessary and he killed me because of it

• That character X messed me up in corner pretty bad, but if I would not guess break like idiot and mindlessly rush him down, I would not be in this situation.

• My zoning did not respect opponentā€™s meter and thatā€™s why i got comboed.

etc.

Whereas in SF5, I lose with my Alex and I honestly have no idea what could I have done better. My jabs are somehow equally fast to his heavies and I get crush countered for 50%, My V-Reversal attempts are destroyed by tick throws, somebody whiffed 2 throws while I was in air and his second whiff recovered when I landed and I got crush countered again, they can cross me up in corner (oh my godā€¦), etc.

But I gotta say, I changed my strategy slightly, now I was going full ham in-opponent-face with heavy normals, and it brought me some wins. In worst case I got hit with EX DP without combo. This game favors yolo rushdown, go figure.

From patch notes it looks like Capcom does many universal nerfs, like more unsafe overheads and more recovery on whiffed command grabs. Thank God, Alex needed his command grab nerfed so bad 110

1 Like

I stopped playing online in SFV after I lost to a hacker Ken player of whom would hit me once and then the timer would magically drop to 10 seconds and Iā€™d lose. He had a ridiculous win streak. Stuff like that ruins a game for me.

4 Likes

LoLā€¦ Iā€™m very familiar with this Dilemma. It helped gain a new found sympathy for professional game reviewers.

Showcasing all new V-Triggers:

Wow, Edā€™s new V-Trigger is cool!

Hmmā€¦ Maybe I should give him a second chanceā€¦

@oTigerSpirit, thoughts about Edā€™s new V-Trigger? Should I keep him in play?

Does Kens Vtrigger now stop doing that stupid run afterwards? I hate that mess! SUckiest v trigger animation in any game ever. Totally ruins it. I so hope they removed it.

His first V-Trigger is still that. However, in Arcade Edition, a second V-Trigger is introdiced for each character which can be chosen at the character select screen. Those are the ones shown in the video.

The problem with Kenā€™s original V trigger is emblematic of the problems with all of SFV. You are not supposed to just use Kenā€™s V trigger when you want to or when you think you might be able to do something with it. Thereā€™s a very specific time and use of Kenā€™s V trigger which is after you hit confirm someone or have a very specific spacing. If you are using it at other times itā€™s just wrong. SFV always has just one ā€œrightā€ way to do something.

1 Like

SO that one doesnā€™t have the run forwardā€¦Im assuming it doesnā€™t because in that video I didnt see him do itā€¦frames froze and he went into the DP. Cool I guess.

@BigBadAndy Well that sucks because I always get hit right in the face when I pop it. LOL
I plan on playing SFV this Tuesday when AE drops. Ive been playing Sakura on Alpha max 3 and I like her. SO Tuesday should be fun for a minute with her and the new arcade mode.

2 Likes

ā€¦ What the f##k have I been drinking?

while I donā€™t expect much from the update, I do look forward to the arcade addition and to seethe new characters added to the roster. Even if I donā€™t purchase the fighters, they are still added in to be characters that I fight, correct? That alone is freshness

Costume for Karin

1 Like

Ingridā€™s Alpha max 3 costume?

Well, Ingridā€™s only costume which sheā€™s worn in any of her iterations, though they are few. :wink:

Tried the Arcade Mode. Itā€™s neat, nice artworks and comic book-like endings.

Went to practice mode with Alex and his new V-Trigger. I dont believe there will be any damaging combos with it. Itā€™s more for surprising easy damage combos like cr.MK -> DDT

AA jabs were supposed to be gone. Some Kolin dude jabbed me out of the air like dozen of times with CROUCHING JAB. From standard jump-ins and crossups too. This game is literally MKX for toddlers. GGs Capcom.

I donā€™t like new UI. This mayonnaise color hurts my eyes. Your eyes used to get sore from obnoxious white flash just before match starts? Now this white flash is between almost every menu transition. Arenā€™t you thankful?

Overall I got charmed by initial hype, but I got rude awakening that itā€™s still SF5. Now I need some KI antidepresant before I hurt myself.

3 Likes

IM about to give it a shotā€¦speaking of white flashā€¦I cant stand that i a lot of gamesā€¦ I have to close my eyes when it happens. The more back light you have on your TV the worse it is.

Haggar Cody!
Q G! ā€¦ wait what?