Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

That video is cringeworthy, but it’s cool to see some more offline content being added that actually has a function. The overflow of Arcade modes… that’s just bad.

If only…

So arcade edition releases in 2 weeks? Jan 16th?

I guess Ill give it another go since I’m enjoying SF Alpha Max 3 so much and SF2 the Final Challengers. Hoping SFV Arcade can bring back that Arcade mode feeling since that’s all I really enjoy playing when it comes to SF.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition features:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/strumslinger/blog/2018/01/03/all-in-one-look-at-the-major-features-in-street-fighter-v-arcade-edition

1 Like

I love this!

seeing Ryu eating a burger and Birdie treating him to a meal after he beat him is just so…‘Street fighter’ :joy:

2 Likes

I am kinda interested in seeing how they will mess Sagat up. I can bet they will remove his Tiger Knee and make it his V-Skill, and his V-Trigger will be low fireball.

And I swear if they make his theme dubstep i’ll kill myself.

4 Likes

How would that ruin him? How dose making him easier to use make him bad? Can someone explain to me why making a game easier to play, so that more people can love and play a game, is a bad thing.

Also, your personal taste in music is no reason to end your life. I happen to like dubstep, but this kind of talk minimizes the impact of a vary serious and sad issue many people face.

1 Like

Making his low fireball be his V-Trigger would be really underwhelming. I don’t see how it makes the game easier to play. Plus he is probably exaggerating what might happen to Sagat.

Okay. That makes sense. I was kind of venting about a problem I have with the SF community in general. I thought it applied here, but I guess it didn’t. I honestly don’t play enough Street Fighter to know how this will effect him. I’ve played Ultra 4 and 5, but I’m really just a casual fan.

This is why the Street Fighter communities casual unfriendly nature bothers me. Other fighters have the same problem, but from my observations, it’s most prevalent in Street Fighter.

1 Like

They have been good with pretty much all the returning characters so far (Minus Juri), so there is nothing to worry about

As Alex main, I STRONGLY disagree.

1 Like

His moveset is practically the same and he was good in season 1 and he is getting his old moves back in VT2…Juri on the other hand is pretty much could be a new character (with her moveset)

Yeah, that move nobody used from 3S is now back as his v-trigger.

His moveset is not the same. He lacks B+HP headbutt which allowed for some mixups, his EX stomp does not track, his jumping headbutt is a gimmick, he has no reliable anti air, his s.HP is not an overhead.

He does not have any oki, after every knockdown enemy rises before he can get close. He is only slightly advantageous after air knee grab which gives him ONE opportunity to make some mixup. If you succeed, thank Ono for health advantage and better win by timeout, if you fail, well, you’re in trouble.

Arcade edition has peaked my interest. I’ll try it and see if I like it enough to play it regularly. Sakura looks really fun! I also heard Chun-Li got some massive buffs, and Ed got some QoL changes. If this happens, I may play again lol

you’re missing the point…His moves (e.g. Special moves and normals) have not changed much since street fighter 3, he is still very much like his classic self only with one new special move and the properties and the way his original moves function are very similar. its not like Alex lost his power bomb or elbow slash or something.

Nobody had an issue with the way Alex plays when he was released and even now…People only complain because he is low tier (nobody said anything in S1 because he was mid tier/upper mid) and even if he got mayor buffs and addressed his current weaknesses he would still play like traditional Alex regardless, which was the point I made regarding being good and faithful with returning characters moveset and playstyle

I bring up Juri because pretty much all of her special moves are now completly different (no divekick/ storing multiple fireballs) which Juri fans were not happy with because she may as well be a new character. This applies to Ibuki but to a lesser extent

He gets that in VT2 as well

I’m guessing his CA wil be Tiger Destruction, with one of the V-Triggers being a less powerful version of the Tiger Cannon. V-Skill might probably be just a roundhouse kick or his Scar charge. Come to think of it, Scar charge could be a nice basis for a second V-Trigger.
Pretty sure his specials will remain the same, just toned down.

1 Like

what SFIV characters do you guys want back. All we have is Juri. My thoughts are that Rufus, C. Viper, and Able should come back. Maybe Hakan because of how weird he is, but he really wasn’t all that fun to play.

El Fuerte :yum:

1 Like

Ive been enjoying SF alpha max 3 and SF 2 final challengers. Makes me want to play V but Im going to wait fro the Arcade edition to update before I go get disappointed as usual LOL

I want to like it but damn its tough after playing a;bout 10 mins and its just not exciting.

I cant wait for SF 30th anniversary to drop this May.

I feel bad for El Fuerte. I was playing arcade mode and he showed up, and my reaction was “ oh right, you exist”

Is it bad that I liked him unironically? So many didn’t like him but I gotta say, I’m a sucker for luchador characters. #BringbackDynamicCookingTime

Also I really hope that Abel comes back. Wasn’t he in the story? Also Hakan. Loved his weird play style

2 Likes