Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Yeah. Prisoners haven’t worn that in years. Give him an orange jumpsuit or something.

G looks like Greg from the first Bloody Roar.

Well, he got that as an alt in SSF4.

Seriously though… I am so happy to see Cody in SFV!
His inclusion was truly a surprise to me. I had no hope of him returning, though he is kinda a popular character, from what I understand. I just always see people complain about there being so many blonde characters in SFV, and Ed already has that brawler style, though mixed with some Psycho Powers… I really didn’t think Cody stood a change of joining the roster. But here we are! And I’m so happy to see him. :smiley:

His new looks is a huge surprise to me as well. I’m glad he’s moved on from the prisoner-schtick, because honestly, it was getting kinda old… New bad guy, break out of prison, defeat bad guy, go back to prison… However, his prison costume will most likely be DLC, either as Story or Retro. I do hope he gets a costume like his first SSF4 alt, the white shirt and jeans with all the tattoos… it was a great tribute to his Final Fight look, but being altered a bit to look more interesting. Definitely my favourite look for him so far.

He looks so dapper now in his vest and slick hair. I’m gonna miss the messy hairstyle though, but again, he will most likely have an alt with that.

I think I could go on fanboying over Cody, but I’ll spare you for now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

LMAO!!! :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl:

Hey, charismatic politicans are a thing in videogames…

I’m super happy abut this too. They can use the prisoner jumpsuit during his story mode as a “previously in Cody’s life”, and show us how he evolved from here. Fun, if Capcom makes him some kind of advisor for G, I would be very happy

1 Like

Apparently there was a “leak” about Season 3 some time ago where one of the characters was called “Mayor”… and now people think that is Cody, due to his new looks. But can a man with a criminal record become a mayor? And I thought Haggar was the mayor of Metro City…

I kinda hope this won’t be the case. Having Cody become a politician is one of the worst things they could do with him, and it just seems to be completely out of the left field, totally out of character!

Hopefully he was just called that (if the leak indeed meant Cody) because of his dapper looks, and not actually something Cody is now.

I would think the Mayor is the Abraham Lincoln guy…G

1 Like

Nope, that’s actually Joudan Sokuto Geri, commonly referred to as his Donkey/Mule Kick. It’s has a special command (QCF + Kick) opposed to being a normal button.

Here’s Ryu’s new move list, for anyone else who’s curious.

no, its donkey kick. s.mk has his leg lower.

After that trailer showing the whole season characters I’m afraid is the end of KI and any attemp to bring more ppl to play will be impossible. Of course, I’m talking about my regional scene, don’t know what will happen in US.

Stil… :broken_heart: <<< That’s how I felt.

And this is something I think, I don’t know why argentinian players would like to play SFV, they can’t even beat the brazilians and chileans who are way above them, so why bother? they are bad and lack the right mentality to push their skills farther (yeap, I’m being mean and salty) I hope I’m wrong, but I have a bit of knowledge how things work here, and history has shown me that we are our worst enemy with very high “egos”, and I don’t see that changing.

Thing is, there was also a someone called the “President” in the leak, and people think that is G.

Some people like to play games just to play games, even though they are bad at it. Not everyone plays fighting games for competitive reasons. I know I don’t.

1 Like

Believe me when I say I’m talking about the competitive scene . I wouldn’t say that if the idea was to play casual matches.

2 Likes

Ah, fair enough then. ^^

1 Like

Yeah I know. Donkey kick. It wall bounces. It looks a lot like is standing medium kick in this game though. Looks very similar.

Standing M. Kick is just a straight kick and it doesn’t knock down opponents. Standing Roundhouse looks more similar to it.

Sakura’s story images:

https://imgur.com/a/gk4T7

I’m just saying they look really similar.

1 Like

It’s his donkey kick, and yes, people have been complaining about it.

But why?

Because he no longer steps forward to gain momentum for the kick. He just does it where he stands. And also, people seem to think that overall animation-wise, it looks very stiff and low-quality.

That’s what I’ve gathered so far though.

4 Likes

The fact that you said that shows how non-distinctive the animation is.

The animation actually comes from Young Zeku’s MK btw lol

It’s not just that. Look at the way his upper body shifts. Look at how the hand behind his back flails upwards. All of that doesn’t exist in SFV. That baffles me because they were able to get it right in SFxT so they obviously can do it. What happened?

2 Likes