Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

I believe they should’ve gone with the realistic concept

1 Like

@BigBadAndy the guilty gear approach is also something i would go for as well. those models look and animate real sharp. i fired up gg xrd on the PC and it was clear as day, a real visual treat to behold

also men in fightin games have always been jacked. kinda odd that ppl are complaining about this barely lol. same with the girls, theyve always been martial arts runway models, in their concept art only in some cases cuz the game visuals did polys pretty crap like ps1 saturn era. but whatever, sex sells. always has, always will

1 Like

I don’t want to get into a discussion of “sex sells” because it’s been done to death on the forums. But I would just point out that yes, (almost) all fighting game males are very muscular. But no other game looks like SF IV or V. Even if you put the earlier SF games up against them and look at the “mid-size” characters like Ryu or Ken they are now outrageously muscled. Some of it is style rather than proportions.

compared to:

or

or wtf this is

3 Likes

Yo, that nipple

Savage!

6 Likes

Looks like one of the key designers has a
Bara fetish

yeah i know what you mean, theyre exaggerating pretty hard these days. and whoever approved abigails design mustve been drunk or just not caring, maybe both? or, and most likely is the case, some serious incompetence at believing such a disgusting looking model is appealing to the players.

theyve screwed up so many times for SF5 its ■■■■■■■ hilarious. first ken looks like a strung out addict. then here comes alex looking like a moron, then comes akuma looking absolutely goofy and not intimidating at all lol

That’s the exactly same thought I had when I saw him. He’s pure gay bara inflation bait. XD
Already know a few people who are all over him because of it.

1 Like

I like how Akuma looks and Ken… its just the hair that is really crappy.

Vega is the worst IMO and all the lame ■■■ costumes for 4$ is just ridiculous.

All games have problems. But SFV has been defined by its problems and I think a lot of it leads back to one issue.

The released a game that, content wise, was targeted to a competetive crowd, but included gameplay that was designed to appeal to a broader audience. So everyone was upset

2 Likes

I can’t agree with this hard enough.

1 Like

Also, their character designs are boring as hell. (Where the hell is Blanka?)

I’m on that side that most of the character designs in SFV are awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s a few characters in SFV whose designs I like.

Cammy, being my fave, I honestly would’ve loved to see in some camo pants like her Final Fight: Streetwise concept art (which was changed to booty shorts instead), but I do like the gunstraps though. The leotard feels a bit played out, so some camo pants would’ve been a fresh upgrade, imo. And not because I want to cover her up, I just wanted something fresh. Her Battle outfit is absolutely AWESOME, but I wish she kept her pigtails with that outfit, as her hair looks bad as it is now.

Thank the lords for mods:

Too bad I can’t have this on the PS4 though.

I also like Ken’s (sans face), Dhalsim’s, Vega’s, Bison’s, Guile’s, Juri’s and Urien’s updated looks on their mains.

As for the new characters, I only really like Rashid. And he looks awesome.

The rest I don’t really care for, to be honest.
I think out of all the returning characters, Birdie is the biggest disappointment. He was so cool in the Alpha series, and now he’s just a big fat joke… I hate that so much.

As for the new characters, Necalli was the biggest disappointment. As ugly I think Abigail is and how ridiculous he might be, Necalli just looks absolutely out of place and his entry in Story Mode just seems so pointless. They built him up to be this god-like beast who feeds on warrior souls, and then in Story Mode he shows up, gets his butt kicked, and then scurries off into a puddle of goo… I mean… what?!

I’m also not a fan of Nash’s Frankenstein-monster look. It just looks so bad, especially on close-ups.

Overall, the whole clay-like aesthetics Street Fighter has had since SF4 just looks bad, imo. I’m not a fan.

He picked a fight with Ryu.

Hardly anybody wins fighting Ryu :joy:

He’s some kind of god-like creature who is meant to show up when a mighty warrior rises up in the world, and then absorb him. His Prologue showed us that much. Want me to believe Ryu is far stronger than anything Necalli has encountered in the past? Not to mention Nash and Bison who also fight him? They are powerful indeed, but nah, Necalli is just a punching bag with no real purpose in the game.

Edit: Even Balrog faces him in his prologue and defeats him. Also Akuma, but it is a lot more believable that Akuma can defeat him, considering who he is.

To be fair Nash bit** out the fight and ran away from necalli wounded. The only time necalli really lost was against ryu and bison which makes sense at least. I am a bit disappointed at the payout between what I thought necalli was and what he ended up doing in the story mode.

I expected him to be the final boss. I thought he would absorb all the dark hado out of ryu and transform into his v trigger leaving ryu to find a different source of power. Then necalli with the power of the dark hado would go around destroying everything including bison and his plan until ryu shows up again with his “nothingness” power and finally beat necalli

Regardless of the lack of proper impact in the story I love his design including his hair and scars

Well to be fair, he Ryu battle is believable. He has mastered the Power of Nothingness by the time Necalli comes around. I mean, the power the nothingness basically is tons stronger than the Satsui no Hadou. Like, Gen and Gouken barely survived, but surviving Raging Demon (Which is supposedly the strongest attack Akuma has because it canonically kills people) shows that it has more power.

Plus, Necalli didnt assess the situation. This man tried to basically do something super hard like cross-up DP, and got bodied :joy:

aka healing Hadoukens. -eyeroll-
The story of SFV was just generally bad, imo.

Watching the Abigail stream, I got to say not as good as IGs stream…

Well, they’ve never been super good. They’re ok for seeing new characters before they launch though.

I will at least grant that Abigail actually looks ok in motion, and with his alternate outfits generally looks quite a bit less crappy. The clipping is real, but that was pretty much guaranteed given his size.