Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

How do you feel about his size as a competitive player? I am old skool in the sense that I really like it when I can clearly distinguish high, mid and low attacks that match characters’ limb size, animations, hitboxes, etc. I get confused if these things are (slightly) off.

Eh, dunno that I really have much of an opinion on it as a “competitive player” to be honest. I imagine his animations are distinguishable enough that it shouldn’t be too hard after a brief period to recognize which things of his hit low or overhead. So it might look a little off, but it probably won’t wind up being super distracting.

On defense it’ll probably look weird when Karin clips him overhead at roughly the knee, but it’s not something I really have strong feelings on. I will say that it makes me appreciate IG’s designs a bit more though, as with Aganos and Arbiter overheads look pretty normal even though they’re tall, because their heads rests pretty far down on their bodies. That’s actually a pretty nice touch I think.

2 Likes

SFV related- storm collectibles revealing hot Ryu action figure at San Diego comic con

1 Like

So i played Abigail…I have to admit he is actually fun

His story mode is MVCI chun-li face stupid

1 Like

The only good parts were Juri being sensitive about her body and the Final Fight guys showing up, but both were ruined in seconds.

So Abigail is really fun.

I’m having a lot of fun with this character. Smacking people around like rag dolls and doing Rapid ORA ORA punches is tons of fun.

Im going to try him out tonight. So far Ive seen nothing but ppl saying he is fun on FB and here so thats cool

He’s really slow and clunky at first, but keep practicing with him, and he turns fun really quick.

that first match, so lol

I had a lot of fun playing him surprisingly! I went through story and survival… damn near perfected every opponent LOL

That story mode… just… what the ■■■■…

Yeah the legs in the air at the end… I couldn’t tell what I was looking at and the whole time there are 3 ppl talking but I can only see 2 int eh story board? Weird

New action figures

I love the rashid figure!

2 Likes

Rashid looks like he just won a luxury sedan.

3 Likes

He could probably buy one himself, considering he comes from a very wealthy family. :stuck_out_tongue:

The faces on the Cammy and Chun Li figures do not look right. They look overly simplistic and anime-ish, and way too similar to each other. Ryu and Rashid look really good though.

I hope a F.A.N.G. figure comes out, but according to some character usage data that Capcom had shared with the public, he is one of, if not the least popular character in the game. So that may not happen.

Also, an Ibuki figure would be cool, I just hope that they use her original ninja look and not her awful looking schoolgirl outfit. That is not likely either.

I don’t dislike Ibuki’s classic outfit, but I really don’t get this excessive attachment to it. It’s a pretty generic ninja outfit as such things go; I’m glad they changed it up in SFV. I think just about all of her outfits in the game are at least equal to it to be honest, and I actually like her default quite a bit more.

Ibuki’s battle outfit is definitely a cooler representation of the classic kunoichi look, imo. Her main one looks dull in comparison.

2 Likes

I love this alternate costume for Ibuki

How I wish this game were more fun to play.

I haven’t initiated SFV in like 4 months.

I booted it up a few weeks ago, played a few matches with Cammy and then turned it off again.
Fighting games have been so disappointing these past years.

KI was definitely my favourite for a long time, until S3 which turned me off from it.
Mortal Kombat X lacked any of my fave characters, but I had fun with Takeda, Kitana and Mileena, until Tanya became playable and became my instant main… but then the flood of guest characters turned me off from it as well.
And SFV was an instant turn-off due to the lack of content, and I would most likely not have played it if not for Cammy and Rashid. Played a bit with Urien and Ed as well, but it just can’t keep my interest.
Tekken 7 feels like a step down from TTT2 in so many aspects.

Injustice 2 is the only fighting game I feel like playing these days, though I’m disappointed with the lack of Grayson’s Nightwing. GGXrd is great too though… maybe I should boot that up again.