Soul Calibur 6

Because Voldo is gross and disgusting and I never liked him in any game ever. So pretty easily actually. :thinking:

1 Like

hate to break it to ya bud but we need characters that are diffrent from the typical waifus and husbandos.

Yes, that is what fighting games have been missing all these years - blind contortionist gimps.

Why has no one else ever stumbled upon this magnificent truth??? Itā€™s been right in front of us all along! :open_mouth:

1 Like

I applaud you for your sarcasm. Iā€™m not saying you had to him, Iā€™m just saying that fighting gmaes shouldnā€™t just be hansom men and pretty ladies. Thatā€™s why I think Lizardman and Voldo help that. Heck even KI has a unique set of characters.

I responded with so much sarcasm because the idea that a game cast doesnā€™t or shouldnā€™t only appeal to a generic archetype has no logical conclusion in Voldo or a character like him. Like, if you feel blind submission fetishists (and I say that phrase with literally no judgment) are an underrepresented group that deserves to be highlighted, then say so and go for it. But to claim that in order to move away from ā€œhusbandos and waifusā€ you must necessarily get Voldo is spurious and Iā€™m going to call you on it.

Even within the SC universe you very easily have non-generic character archetypes present. No oneā€™s trying to cuff Astaroth or Yoshimitsu, and thereā€™s always those Lizardmen youā€™re so fond of. Necrid and Spawn werenā€™t marriage material, Infernoā€™s probably not much of a catch, Nightmare, etc.

You want a cast that is super unique and not just playing to hyper-idealized body types (or even humans in general), then you can just look at KI. Thereā€™s a variety of monsters and body types on offer, and no, we didnā€™t need to get super into fetish gear to pull it off.

1 Like

As much as Vold freaks me the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out I assume heā€™s supposed to make you feel uncomfy and hoenstly if thatā€™s what the devs were aiming for they certainly hit their mark. Thankfully Iā€™ll be too busy beating him into the floor to really care :stuck_out_tongue:
That being said; Itā€™s true that KI has a diverse and awesome cast : )

I can see how you misunderstood my post. Probably because I worded it wrong. What I meant to Say was itā€™s nice to have a character thatā€™s out of the ordinary in fighting games.

@justathereptile last I checked Aeon is as out of the ordinary as you can get. Lol No one else is a bad ā– ā– ā–  reptile monster that can brutalize with animalistic moves.

@Iago407I think I see where youā€™re coming from with Ivyā€™s presentation though I assume they keep that for her because well it seems sheā€™s had that sense SC1, but Iā€™m not saying that justifies it or not, itā€™s just a statement. So I assume thereā€™s someone out there likes Ivy as she is with her movements. Change has a risk though; it can take the soul out of the character. So if the change isnā€™t done right it could ruin Ivy for those who are fans of her for a different reason from yours.

However If itā€™s done right a little change isnā€™t bad. Look at Aeon from SCV his game play was a BLAST. I never felt like such a BEAST when I played him before. It was of only 2 good things about SCV in my opinion. Sadly I am going to miss that fighting style in this game, but itā€™s alright. Another example; Riptor in KI2013 I felt more monstrous and animalistic with that version of her.

Not in Soul calibur itself anyway.

Yep but I judge the cast mainly by what they have among themselves when cast variety comes into play, I then would compare it to other fighting games.

1 Like

I donā€™t see the issue with Voldo. Heā€™s a freaky and fun character with some creative costumes. Heā€™s not supposed to be sexually enticing like Ivy, heā€™s supposed to be creepy and scary. That some people are into thatā€¦ fair enough. I mean, some people are into naked lizardmen as well, but itā€™s not like Aeon was created to be sexually appealing.

Ivy is though. Sex appeal is her whole theme. And yes, sadly the designers think it is better to have her be as naked as possible instead of giving her an actual interesting costume. She had a cool costume in SCV, but that was replaced with her just wearing strings in SCVIā€¦ thatā€™s not a good costume. Itā€™s barely a costume to begin with. Her gloves and boots are cool, but her entire torso area looks just like a stringed up ham. And it kinda saddens me that they didnā€™t give her a cool and creative costume instead. It just kinda shows that sheā€™s there just to attract the horny fanboys.

She could keep her theme as a dominatrix sorceress and still have a really cool costume though. I have no issue with Ivy as a character at all, sheā€™s been my favourite of the franchise for a long time because she enticed me in other ways than her sex appeal, though I recognise that it indeed part of her character. However, it can be expressed in a better way than just have her be as close to naked as possible.

1 Like

Technically he wasnā€™t. He was made because the developers felt the games needed something out of the ordinary.

Please read the whole sentence, dude. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah I meant to agree with you on that. My mistake.

1 Like

Hehe, alright then. Just the part you quoted and your response made it look like you both misunderstood what I wrote and disagreed with it. XD

Yeah wasnā€™t meant to be.

1 Like

Nice updates

ā€˜For the first time guest character soul will be available for Creation modeā€™

Anime ftw

This must be the European ad for the collectorā€™s edition graphic that details it comes WITH season pass

Nightmare cosplay!

Nice to see the actual voice actors for Groh & Seong Mina

Itā€™s so heartwarming how with obvious costume destruction they take it lightly-
ā€˜Oh youā€™re almost undressedā€™
ā€˜I was just glad to see the imageā€™

Mentioning ā€˜you may get embarrassedā€™ if you lose armour instead of odd weirdo crying that they are naked in a video game

The Japanese have a pleasant view on the design of the armour break system-
Now, for that seong mina underb oob I canā€™t comment lmao

Also loved seeing the created character rounds
The casual match shows how easy & fun it will be for the general crowd to pick up the game and be entertained

1 Like

Yup SC will be making acome back with this game.

Also