Soul Calibur 6

I would like to point out that the age of consent in Japan is 13. It doesn’t excuse it, as the game is being made for more than just the Japanese (and the rule itself is gross), but it does explain it. I imagine if you told people on the development team this they would probably be very confused.

To me it reminds me of the SC5 with the lace changed to either skin with straps or full leather. The straps also could be representing how a snake looks as it’s winding through sand. If you want to look at it that way.

I only go by what I think looks cool. The skin/costume ratio doesn’t matter to me, as long the costume looks awesome. And I just personally don’t think strings all over look cool. And I can only see one reason why they would make her costume a bunch of strings. And to do that instead of making her an actual good costume is just tasteless to me.

But I’m repeating myself here.

So, instead of admitting that your opinion is subjective and that the costume looks good to other people, you have decided to repeatedly insist an assumption on the motives of the developers because, well, there’s no way someone could have a different opinion than you.

Am I hearing you right?

No, you’re not.

You see the many times I wrote “imo”? That means “in my opinion”.

The motives of the developers, however, is pretty obvious and objective. They might think it looks cool, I can’t say as I don’t know, but putting Ivy in a bunch of string that only cover the basic areas… there’s a clear reason why they did that. Sexualisation. That’s not an opinion. Ivy was meant to be sexualised from the very beginning, and Bamco kept pushing it for each game by making her breasts bigger and removing more and more clothes.

Though I don’t know what changed in SCV. A lot more stylish costume, imo, because… well first of all, there actually is a costume. But they went right back to make her look as naked as possible in SCVI.

great showcase of evolution of talim

Have they actually said that anywhere. Because if they haven’t, than you have no right to assume they’re doing something for any reason. You don’t know them. You don’t know why they do what they do. You are not a psychic and you were not there at the meeting. So stop assuming things about these people that you don’t know are true.

Oh, so are you trying to tell me that Ivy’s costume has nothing to do with sexualisation?

Anyone who whines about a freaking ivy thong costume especially a straight male just goes back to -

1-Bandai Namco made the game not myself, don’t get upset that I could give 2 cents if a v costume bothers a straight man,

2- use or create the costume that doesn’t make you sweat

3- don’t buy it

Simple

And PS bring on the male crotch prints lol

90 percent jokes, 10 percent seriousness

What if I’m a gay guy who just wants to have stylish and cool-looking costumes on characters?
Is my opinion then invalid, because I’m not a fan of having a character just wearing strings?

1 Like

To a point I agree- which I why I feel create a souleliminates any need for concern,
Some people have major mommy issues to work out

That completely depends on what costume pieces are going to be available.
Also, thing is, I like Ivy’s gloves, gauntlet and boots, and I don’t think I can just put a corset on her main costume to kinda fix the issue I have with it.

I don’t know. Maybe it started that way. But it doesn’t matter now because they worked it into a character that makes sense. That’s like saying that the Street Fighter characters are racist because they started as cultural stereotypes, completely disregarding all of the development and story they’ve been given to make them what they are now. Maybe they started with impure intentions, but now they’ve done enough to correct the error and make an actual character out of it.

Noted, then also if you ever go online match you will definitely see the sleazy ruckus lol
I get it.

I’d actually like taki to have more on her default, but not as much as the soulcalibur 4 2p

You’re coming from a perspective that makes the sexualisation thing out to be a bad thing. You just described it as an “error” that needed to be corrected. And by doing so, you completely ignored the part where I said that I didn’t have anything against sexualisation, that I don’t think it is inherently a bad thing.

I also said that being a sexual character is indeed part of her, and I’ve always been a fan of how her character has been expressed in the games. She was never just the naked girl with the big breasts, she’s had a personality and a backstory which fleshed out her character, she has an awesome weapon style and all this put together is why she is one of my favourite characters of the franchise.

But none of that changes the fact that her costume looks the way it does because of sexualisation.
And as said, I don’t mind that. It’s not the sexualisation part I have a problem with. It’s the fact that her costume becomes less a costume and more an excuse to show more skin I have a problem with, because I personally don’t think a bunch of strings makes a cool looking costume.

If you like it, good for you. I don’t have an issue with that, because I don’t really care about other people’s opinions on said matter. And I don’t say that to be mean, I say that because my own opinion isn’t affected by what others think about it. But do know that I don’t have an issue with your opinion about her costume, or anyone else’s opinion about it.

I had hoped her costume would look more like her SC1 costume, with the mask and the “boob-window”.
… But I think we already discussed this some time ago, right?

1 Like

I think the way you said sexualization, you were accusing the devs and fans of her as being pervs. Which has it’s own set of negative connotations. I don’t want someone telling me i’m a perv because I like a costume that’s sexual in nature. It read to me like you were saying “ it’s okay if you like it perv, just admit you’re a perv because only pervs like ■■■■ and ■■■.” Maybe that’s not what you were saying, but that’s how it sounded when I read it. So I felt the need to defend myself because, while I do like attractive women (lesbian and proud!) I don’t believe it’s anything unhealthy or unnatural. When I read what you said, it felt like I was being attacked.

See… now you’re doing the thing you just told me not to do. Don’t assume. Because nowhere did I say that.

I admit I was wrong. But this is hardly the first time you’ve come across as antagonistic when stating one of your opinions.

What did I write that was antagonistic?

I remember a while ago we were discussing Injustice 2 over there, and we literally had the exact same discussion about how what you wrote came across as antagonistic despite your intentions. I forget what the argument was about though.