Soul Calibur 6

Oh, I meant in this discussion now, but either way…

I don’t mean these things in an antagonistic way. I state my mind and my opinions as they are, or at least try to. I try as much as possible to be factual and go about things with a no bullcrap approach. I’m very direct with these things, and I think maybe that’s why people feel it sounds harsh. Maybe? I dunno.

I get it. Normally I’m all for that. But i think I’ve started to learn that it’s a little more necessary than we like to think, and that these situations are often less black and white and more nuanced.

Plus, no one likes to feel attacked.

I don’t think this is true. Voldo is creepy and gross and TONS of people complain about him constantly. He was the character in the Dreamcast Soul Calibur that freaked everyone out the most - between his aesthetics and the weird ways he moves. People are bothered by Voldo in all kinds of ways. He’s disturbing - which is the point. Disturbing, not sexy. I honestly don’t know anyone asking for him to return in any future games and even if he’s there nobody plays as him. No one is complaining about him in SCV because he isn’t in it yet.

But your right that the focus is different as far as complaints about him. I don’t really want to have an armchair sociology debate here (and I’m typing this in brief moments of free time) but just like femenists are misguided when they claim that men and women are just the same, it is wrong to equate depictions of men and women in media and games. Just because Voldo and Ivy at both scantily clad and both S&M doesn’t somehow “balance out” the game or make Ivy’s outfit less gratuitous.

But for the record, if I had to choose between a game with a toned down Ivy or a game without Voldo, I would keep Ivy as is and drop Voldo.

We’re straying pretty close to a cliff we’ve walked many times on this forum, regarding the pros and cons of sexualized characters and the various opinions on that spectrum.

Just a note to keep things civil and let’s enjoy conversing about SC6 specifically, rather than letting this thread devolve into a back-and-forth that will never end (because with these conversations, neither side tends to change sides).

1 Like

Just so I can be the first Voldo player you met…

I main Voldo, as well as Zasalamel and Tira.

Voldo is creepy, sure… but I have never heard about anyone complaining about him. This was a first.

I’m just waiting for her and Raphael to be announced, then all the characters I want in the game is in… or… well… except those whose biggest chance of getting in is as DLC. Zwei and Viola.

Personally, I’m excited that I’m going to get to experiment with Siegfried, Nightmare, and Talim, as those were some of my favorite characters to play in the previous games.

I’ve learned a lot about fighting games in general from playing KI, and I’m hoping to use that new mindset, viewpoint, whatever, to help me learn the right way and be a better player when SC6 comes out.

Honestly. None of the characters have really grabbed me. Not even Geralt attracts me (and usually, if no one interests me, I default to the guest). Maybe Groh, but again, nothing about him interests me. I think I actually have to get my hands on the game to find a main.

Unless of course, they bring back a revamped Necrid. That’s always my top want.

I liked Necrid a lot conceptually, and even playing him. I just wish he had a more unique moveset, since a lot of his moves were taken directly from other characters.

That’s what I mean by revamped. He needs his own moveset with his huge claw and super strength. Maybe even some sort of demonic overdrive from that arc reactor on his chest.

He’d probably make a good grappler, though I’m not entirely sure if there is really a place for a true grappler in the SC mechanics.

You’re in luck. I already did it.

I’m just excited to play it. I’ll most likely play Maxi or Geralt, but if Seong Mi-na comes out I may play her instead.

Celebration of soulcalibur intros

1 Like

I gotta bring this up, even though it strays from my typical MO. With Darksiders 3 coming out soon, I gotta ask. Who would win Fury vs Ivy?
I could make this comically one sided as I always have, but because of my love for Darksiders I really want to know. Personally I’m rooting for Fury.

1 Like

Considering Furies role in the Apocalypse as a horsemen (four riders to help bring the appocalypse according to the book of revelation) I’d say Fury might win.

Neat!

I hope this next reveal gives us the four characters that were teased.
1: Lizardman/Aeon
2: Astaroth
3: Cervantes
4: Seong-Mina

3 Likes

Great time in cas today

Sophitia vs Yun Seong
Maxi vs Rock

learning maxi, his strings & stances are so very awesome, he’s one of the most intricate fighters in the roster. I can’t wait to dissect and learn the new mechanics for his sc6 iteration

@justathereptile yes I hope it’s all of them together like the Injustice2 ‘here come the girls ‘ trailer :scream:

X3 More like the reveal where they showed Kilik, Nightmare, Groh, and Xiangwah.

1 Like

Saw some recent footage of the game and I was liking how the main characters stay in focus while the backgrounds blurred a little. Some of the stages I saw looked gorgeous (then again SC always does lovely stages) character models look improved too.

I’ll get it eventually but there’s no rush (yet) for me to buy it upon release

lol yea I forget they happened. Mitsu sophitia groh

But kinda like the ki introduction of Jago sabrewulf & glacius, I feel they missed the focus of all the other trailers
I’d love to see separate 2 min character reveal trailers, but one behind another in same conference

1 Like