Soul Calibur 6

Why do people want console-specific guest characters? It will only split the community more, and fuel the fire of the console-wars with “We got the BETTER guest character! Your guest character SUCKS!!!”, because we all know people will indeed use that as an excuse for why “their” console is the better one…

1 Like

SOPHITIA RAINHA! :two_hearts::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::heartbeat:

FINALLY SC COME BACK!

Looks like is a rewind in time to the first SC and not Soul Edge, it’s interesting see in the first trailer the visions of Sophitia before she wakes up, this is very similar to Raiden’s visions in MK 2011.

Same here. But with or without it, I’ll be happy that he is in.

1 Like

It looks like the reversal edge mechanic could be like other guard impact/ guard break/ aspects in the past where you can disable it …

SC has always been very customizable in that way so I look forward to trying a demo soon! Hopefully demo in spring

Interesting how it has a rock paper scissors mechanic. Can you imagine the reactions people will make when they make the wrong choice.

Now i can make my brother even more mad in SC with Rock, paper, scissors sinc eI when most of them it seems.

1 Like

'Cause Link.

I think more specifically it’s one of the things older versions of the game are known for having and people want to see it return as a feature to relive that old nostalgia boner when they got a unique character for their system. Plus, Link was a lot of fun.

1 Like

the soul still burns!

1 Like

Sad but true, I remember Nintendo fans were being very condescending toward the other console groups because they had Link in SC2, and were saying such things like “You didn’t play this game at all if you didn’t play as Link!” and whatnot (and apparently none were more angered than the arcade fans, as arcade SC2 was well-received despite having no guests at all).

With that said, if Namco doesn’t decide to have a universal guest character for all versions (personally hoping for Solaire from Dark Souls), then Sony will most likely push for an exclusive character in the PS4 version (like how the Horizon: Zero Dawn character is in the PS4 version of Monster Hunter World). And at that point, I wouldn’t be surprised if MS also put an exclusive character of their own to match them (probably Tusk, he fits the most IMO); whether we like it or not exclusives can push console sales in favor of one specific system (and I personally don’t like it, for the exact reasons you stated).

1 Like

But Link was on Gamecube, and this time there isn’t a Nintendo/Switch release announced, so unless that changes, Link won’t return as a guest character.

I want to be excited for this game since I love Soul Calibur, but with how 4 felt and the train wreck that 5 was I am very skeptical. From the trailer and designs for both Miturugi and Sophitia this looks like it’s going to be a prequel and if so they better bring back a lot of the characters that were given the shaft in 5 (I’m looking at Kilik).

Let’s hope they have learned from their mistakes. In fact, I think that’s why they are doing this “soft reboot” of sorts, going back to their roots, but bringing with them what they think worked, and adding some new cool stuff as well. ^^

I understand your skepticism though, it’s fully warranted.

I was fine with SCIV and 5 was alright from a gameplay standpoint, but the fact that not only did my main Kilik get replaced with a freaking anime trope, but was STILL in the game as a god damn mimic character! That really made my blood boil and cemented my hate for that game. I do have hope that 6 will fix this given when the game takes place.

2 Likes

True that they don’t have a Switch version yet, but with as well as it is doing it’s getting harder and harder for developers to pass on Switch ports unless they don’t like money. If it does get ported to the Switch, I’d just about guarantee Link would be returning.

1 Like

I’m 99.9% sure you and many Kilik fans will be happy with what they will do with Kilik.

@WrathOfFulgore

I was going to get it for the switch since I only had 3 games at the momment. But I’ll probably get it for the Ps4 because I need more game son there.

Because Darth Vader is cooler than Yoda

1 Like

I think they are saying that it wouldn’t be fair to leave people out in the cold when it comes to guests.

Is that correct @anon39655210

1 Like

I hate you guys. XD

When it came to Soul Calibur 4, at least Vader and Yoda became DLC for both consoles, so you could play as Yoda on PS3, and Vader on Xbox360.

I just hate console wars. They are pointless, and console-specific characters just adds fuel to the fire.

I agree with that. I’ve had someone sya I was not a gamer because I chose to get an Xbox One

While Link was fun does he really HAVE to return? Personally I wouldn’t mind a different Zelda character or a Xenoblade character.

Thicc bae Urbosa as guest character! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: